i heard through some unconfirmed sources that os 6 allows apps to be downloaded and installed on the micro sd card? this would make the 256 mb of ram a non issue when installing the new os on the the pearl.

Anyone else know anything about this?

Also, what are the chances of an updated pearl 9100 series phone getting updated with a better camera and memory?

Thanks in advance for any informaiton.
    10-18-10 08:31 PM
    Any info you need about OS 6 you can find out in the OS 6 discussion group elsewhere on this forum. Apps loading on the SD card is still not an option at this point, however.

Although, to the second half of your post, I would hope that the next Pearl iteration would include upgraded ram. The 9120, or perhaps 9180 (to follow the Bold's updated ram and going from 9700 to the 9780). However, I'm not so hot to see the camera get much higher res. I mean, why? Higher megapixels doesn't necessarily mean better quality, especially in the very small amount of space you get in the Pearl's body. It also means that you need more light just to get a half-decent image. But then, I'm still a film guy so even actual point-and-shoot digital cameras are barely acceptable for me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by joeldf; 10-18-10 at 09:34 PM.
    10-18-10 09:30 PM
    Any info you need about OS 6 you can find out in the OS 6 discussion group elsewhere on this forum. Apps loading on the SD card is still not an option at this point, however.

Although, to the second half of your post, I would hope that the next Pearl iteration would include upgraded ram. The 9120, or perhaps 9180 (to follow the Bold's updated ram and going from 9700 to the 9780). However, I'm not so hot to see the camera get much higher res. I mean, why? Higher megapixels doesn't necessarily mean better quality, especially in the very small amount of space you get in the Pearl's body. It also means that you need more light just to get a half-decent image. But then, I'm still a film guy so even actual point-and-shoot digital cameras are barely acceptable for me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    ok thanks for that info. didn't mean to create a redundant thread. Tried looking at blackberry pearl os 6 info on there and it was kind of hard to find.

Anyhow, is there any info on whether an updated pearl would be released sometime soon, possibly first half of 2011? the camera upgrade to 5 mp would be nice regardless of whether it'll look nicer on the small screen when it comes to uploading pics on facebook where pictures are enlarged.

Thanks again for the info.
    10-18-10 11:33 PM
    wow, that would be cool! But I don't think that this will be one of the Blackberry 6 feature.
    10-19-10 06:42 AM
    i heard through some unconfirmed sources that os 6 allows apps to be downloaded and installed on the micro sd card? this would make the 256 mb of ram a non issue when installing the new os on the the pearl.

Anyone else know anything about this?

Also, what are the chances of an updated pearl 9100 series phone getting updated with a better camera and memory?

Thanks in advance for any informaiton.
    Dude, that would be nice feature. Android 2.2 has this feature, but the applications have to be updated. Most applications that I tried to install haven't been updated. This is one of those things. SD media is so cheap, seems to me it's a no brainer. Maybe soon.
    10-19-10 07:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD