If this has been already asked, apologies.

I have a 9550, and it is the only BB I have ever had (I know, late to the party, but I made it!).

I am aware that by switching to OS 7, a lot of my 3rd party apps won't work.

My question is when RIM releases a new OS, do generally all the developers upgrade their programs to be compatible? Or is it some, not others?

I just wondered, as I have never been thru an OS change like this, and was curious.

Any info. appreciated. Thanks!
    09-09-11 04:12 PM
    Most if not all the apps will be updated with time.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-09-11 04:15 PM
    Most if not all the apps will be updated with time.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

Thanks!
    09-09-11 04:26 PM
    We should have a sticky of what apps work and don't work. So far, all I have installed was QL. I'm in the process of getting Ascendo's DataVault installed.
    fairygirllv likes this.
    09-09-11 05:07 PM
    We should have a sticky of what apps work and don't work. So far, all I have installed was QL. I'm in the process of getting Ascendo's DataVault installed.
    That's a really good idea! Thanks for mentioning QL, as I use that A LOT!
    09-10-11 08:33 AM
    I just got the following reply from Map MY Ride.

" Hello,
    Thank you for your question. There will not be a Blackberry update for OS 7 nor is there a plan to support this specific OS in the future at this time.
    Regards,
    -MMF Support "

I had the Storm with OS 5 and used it for a cycling computer. So when I upgraded to the Torch 9850 I was somewhat disappointed that the apps would not work. I am also experiencing the same thing with the Playbook. I am holding out in hopes that the developers will jump onboard.
    09-20-11 12:29 PM
    That's a really good idea! Thanks for mentioning QL, as I use that A LOT!
    No problem, I agree, QL is a MUST!!! You only need one convenience key and that's to launch QL!

BTW, I'm sure I mentioned it in other threads but Ascendo's DataVault works flawlessly (splash screen has the resolution for the storm no biggie). I use that app religiously as well.
    09-20-11 02:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD