Before wiping my new 9700, I forgot to write down list of installed applications (factory default by BlackBerry). If someone has non-modified OS 5 on 9700, please check with BB Desktop Manager (Application loader), which apps are already installed - "checked" in apps list and which are not:

1. AOL Instant Messenger
    2. BlackBerry App World
    3. BlackBerry Application Center
    4. BlackBerry Maps
    5. BlackBerry S/MIME Support Package
    6. BrickBreaker
    7. DOD Root Certificates
    8. Google Talk
    9. Help
    10. ICQ
    11. MemoPad
    12. Password Keeper
    13. TTY Support
    14. Tasks
    15. Windows Live Messenger
    16. Word Mole
    17. Yahoo! Messenger
    18. Documents To Go
    19. Klondike
    20. Sudoku

Check also, what is "checked" in Supplemental SureType(TM) Wordlists.

I had originally installed OS 5.0.0.593 (bought in EU).
    12-21-10 06:05 PM
    All of those you listed are entirely up to you as to whether or not you want to install them. My suggestion is if you don't use it, don't install it. Reserve the memory for something you need.

The only one I would suggest keeping is Application Center. That is used for carrier specific apps you may instal. DOD certificates, should be a gonner unless you work closely with the US Department of Defense. Same with Help, unless you use it. TTY Support you'll only need if you are hearing impaired. So, what I'm saying is it's entirely up to you.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-21-10 08:07 PM
    I agree with your advice (if you don't use it, don't install it), although I would be grateful to have this list.
    12-22-10 03:59 AM
    All of those you listed are entirely up to you as to whether or not you want to install them. My suggestion is if you don't use it, don't install it. Reserve the memory for something you need.

The only one I would suggest keeping is Application Center. That is used for carrier specific apps you may instal. DOD certificates, should be a gonner unless you work closely with the US Department of Defense. Same with Help, unless you use it. TTY Support you'll only need if you are hearing impaired. So, what I'm saying is it's entirely up to you.

Same with me. What I don't use, I'll delete.

12-22-10 07:03 AM
    I still hope, that someone in our BlackBerry world has non-modified Bold 9700 and can answer my question - and write down which apps are already "checked" in BB Desktop Manager Application Loader by factory default.

Am I expecting too much?
    12-22-10 07:47 AM
    I still hope, that someone in our BlackBerry world has non-modified Bold 9700 and can answer my question - and write down which apps are already "checked" in BB Desktop Manager Application Loader by factory default.

Am I expecting too much?
    I think you are expecting too much. Lol

12-22-10 07:49 AM
    I thought it was not possible to delete stock applications? Don't they just push down again? Or is that the other junkware that's in the downloads folder like the game trials?
    12-22-10 08:01 AM
    I thought it was not possible to delete stock applications? Don't they just push down again? Or is that the other junkware that's in the downloads folder like the game trials?
    You can delete stock apps. The ones you are talking about is the junk a carrier sends in their service books.

12-22-10 08:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD