I'm trying to figure out which weather app is the better choice. I was looking at beweather and weather bug. I live in tornado alley so I will use it all the time. Opinions anyone?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-01-10 07:51 PM
    Berryweather by far is the best weather app for Blackberrys
    04-01-10 07:52 PM
    The brand new Weather Channel App that just came out in the last few days is actually phenomenal..and free.
    My fav so far and I've had most..doesn't suck the life out of your battery like the others as well. Also it can send u texts and instant alerts in the event of crazy things in your area like u say tornados,etc.. Give it a 'whirl' ...har har
    Seriously tho..you'll like it.

04-01-10 07:57 PM
    BerryWeather, no question.
    04-01-10 07:58 PM
    Berryweather by far is the best weather app for Blackberrys
    I would totally agree to that! Of all that I have tried Berryweather 2.0 is my favorite. Probably depends on if you want a paid or free application though to. BeWeather Free in appworld is also a descent choice from what I've read for a free application.
    04-01-10 08:02 PM
    I'm a big BerryWeather fan. It can get a little flaky with updates sometimes, but overall it works great. The advisory alerts are nice.
    04-01-10 08:23 PM
    I've had Berryweather for about a month, and it always shows the wrong temperature. Usually 5-10 degrees higher than what it really is. Weatherbug however is pretty accurate.
    04-02-10 09:45 AM
    I like weatherbug simply because the weather stations are in my neighborhood.

I have the elite version installed on both handhelds.

pm
    04-02-10 10:30 AM
    When ever I see a thread subject titled "weather", I have to chime in. I've used BerryWeather since I bought my phone in Oct., never had a problem and is very reliable. The radar also works very well and is always up to date. Watch on this site for discount pricing on it... usually you can get it for half price quite often.
    Last edited by olemil; 04-02-10 at 10:48 AM.
    04-02-10 10:45 AM
    I swore by the free version of the Weatherbug for the longest time...until I took the plunge and got the paid version of BerryWeather. Hands down the paid version of BerryWeather is the best of all weather apps. The free version on the otherhand is mediocre. If your willing to pay BerryWeather is the way to go, if you want free go with Weatherbug
    04-03-10 09:52 AM
    I live in the hurricane capital of the world, so the BerryWeather active advisories are nice plus the ability to customize the radar maps.
    04-03-10 10:05 AM
    Berryweather is the best weather app without a doubt.
    04-03-10 10:06 AM
    I live in the hurricane capital of the world, so the BerryWeather active advisories are nice plus the ability to customize the radar maps.
    Ditto. i love the new Backup/Restore feature of BerryWeather too!
    04-03-10 10:08 AM
    Ditto. i love the new Backup/Restore feature of BerryWeather too!
    Yes that was one of the best updates they made to the app,,,, especially if you load a different hybrid every other day like me...lol.
    04-03-10 12:25 PM
    My choice is NWS Client from render fast. I've tried them all and stuck with this one.

04-03-10 01:00 PM
    I like WeatherEye because it has push weather and doesn't run in my switch programs.
    04-03-10 01:15 PM
    Even though I've paid for it, BerryWeather gets the job done. Like some others have said, it can be a little "flakey" at times. That's because it relies on either professional weather stations, OR personal weather stations close by you through Weatherunderground. The closest one to me (a personal weather station) tends to go offline several times over each weekend, BUT I just choose another one that's on the other side of the city to get relatively the same forecast.

But what really sold me was that I got an Amber alert just the other day through BerryWeather. There's a huge list of options to get alerts from, so getting an Amber alert, I think, is pretty darned important anymore. But it's just my own opinion there.

It's well worth the 10 bucks though.
    04-03-10 01:28 PM
    BerryWeather for me.

Great choice of nearby weather stations.
    I found that WeatherBug's stations in my area of off by 4 degress (ususally cooler).
    I also use the BeryWeather theme and it display nicely on my home page with the all the updated info.
    Good Luck
    04-03-10 01:33 PM
    Under +1 for berryweather

04-03-10 01:53 PM
    Berryweather for me.

I tired weatherbug and another free weather app (can't remember which one) but they stop updating after a few days.
    04-03-10 04:24 PM
    BerryWeather for me also. Like some others have stated.....it can be "flakey" at times.

I just wish they would add "Severe Thunderstorms/Warnings in the Advisory filters. They have just about everything else listed.....why not this.
    04-03-10 05:10 PM
    BerryWeather is by far the best.
    04-03-10 05:18 PM
    I like My-Cast. It is expensive, $20 on app world, but it has the best maps and you can move all over the country within the maps. It has the most features of any weather app I have tried. The only thing it doesn't do is alerts or update the home screen icon. For that I use the free Berryweather. For alerts I just signed up for an email account and use it exclusively for the My-Cast email alerts. With the email alerts you can use the same email address for multiple locations.
    04-04-10 12:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD