Is there a simple location where I can go and read about the different features of your app? I know there is no manual, but a page of features would be of great assistance to someone like me who is short of time, but wants to investigate your App before installation. And no - I don't have a Facebook account.

I am fed up with the Spam that BeBuzz is sending to my phone's email accounts without asking first. So I wanted a new LED Notification app. But all the other features of your app have me intrigued. It sounds like you have created a stunner of an application here.
    I'll be interested to know the answer to your question, but even with written instructions, we still do what we do anyway: go through each feature and try it out. It's well worth taking a minute here and there and just going through it line by line, feature by feature.

I'm with you about Bebuzz. I've invested quite a bit of cash into that app for multiple phones and didn't hesitate one second to get rid of it. With this app available, there is simply no good reason to keep Bebuzz. Not only that, but I was able to delete 4 other apps that became redundant too! Good luck!
    05-07-12 09:37 AM

My app itself is structured like a tree menu, each feature has its own description, and there is main screen help menu for many usuful info.

dont worry about the numbers of features in my app, its all like separate apps, just enable what you understand and disable the rest until you have more time to read each feature alone
    The way you interact with your users is impressive. Adds a level of trust. I'm going to download your app and have a play as I have some spare time. I'll start by deleting BeBuzz v4 as their spamming policy has annoyed me. Serious breach of privacy there. Can I assume you don't steal our email addresses? (You seem honest, so I am embarrassed to ask)

I really respect the way you develop. A low footprint app with the ability to disable features. Sound great. Thank you.
    05-07-12 09:48 AM
    I'll be interested to know the answer to your question, but even with written instructions, we still do what we do anyway: go through each feature and try it out. It's well worth taking a minute here and there and just going through it line by line, feature by feature.
    That's how I have been with every PC program or phone I have ever owned. I have to nose at every option. Just would have been nice to see a single page somewhere I could get a bit of a "heads-up" on features before installing it.

I'm with you about Bebuzz. I've invested quite a bit of cash into that app for multiple phones and didn't hesitate one second to get rid of it. With this app available, there is simply no good reason to keep Bebuzz. Not only that, but I was able to delete 4 other apps that became redundant too! Good luck!
    I've only ever paid for v4 of BeBuzz, I didn't like the look of the bugs in v5 so never upgraded. But I have been seriously annoyed with the spam they are sending to the email accounts on my phone. Email accounts that have NEVER been registered with them for marketing. I don't want to drag this thread OT so my rant is in the BeBuzz thread. BeBuzz Spam

I can see a refreshing change here with Sultan. A man who clearly enjoys coding quality applications and spreading a bit of happiness around the world. Instead of the money grabbing profit mongers that some companies become.
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    05-07-12 09:55 AM
    Can I assume you don't steal our email addresses? (You seem honest, so I am embarrassed to ask)
    I enjoy what i do, email addresses or any other info (public or private) is not in my interest and i would never want to collect such info, i interact with my users in public (here or on facebook fan page) cause i have nothing to hide

plus, any app that requires Network Connection permission is not good for your personal info and email addresses, my app does not require such permission
    05-07-12 10:00 AM
    I enjoy what i do, email addresses or any other info (public or private) is not in my interest and i would never want to collect such info, i interact with my users in public (here or on facebook fan page) cause i have nothing to hide

plus, any app that requires Network Connection permission is not good for your personal info and email addresses, my app does not require such permission
    You are my kind of developer. Thanks for your quick replies. I am currently deleting BeBuzz and installing AO&L.
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    05-07-12 10:08 AM
    If i recieve an email (flashing white), and recieve a sms (flashing red), and i use a pc to delete the email, then a couple of minutes later when my fone is sync and the deleted email is removed from the fone, both the white and red LED is stopped, stopping the white one is correct, but the red should keep flashing as this message hasnt been opened.

also i have the LED for the above set up like;

2 colours
    2s blink white
    0s blink white

the sms red is the same as above.

Now when i recieve either an email or sms, the led flashes as it should for those settings, but if i recieve a message of the other, the led will flash white and red, but wont be flashing like its set too, its more like a single white > red > white > red.
    05-12-12 08:46 PM
    My Opinion about Advance OS and LED is that it is one of the most useful apps out there, and it is developed by one of the most respected developers.

Sultan Al Sooz shows how professional he is not only through developing and improving his app, but also through the way he handled the rude attacks from another developer who used AO&L thread to promote another app.

AO&L, a good and free app written by a professional. Did I have a chance to have another opinion?
    05-13-12 09:59 AM
    My Opinion about Advance OS and LED is that it is one of the most useful apps out there, and it is developed by one of the most respected developers.

Sultan Al Sooz shows how professional he is not only through developing and improving his app, but also through the way he handled the rude attacks from another developer who used AO&L thread to promote another app.

AO&L, a good and free app written by a professional. Did I have a chance to have another opinion?
    Definitely one of the best apps I have installed on my BB.

I wonder what his status is on BB 10... I suspect it will need re-coding from scratch to be able to run on there.
    05-13-12 10:04 AM
    Vijik, i wish that every other great developer was as kind and as nice as you are. when our apps are forgotten in the future, only our respect to each other and to our users will be remembered.

Such statement coming from a fellow respected developer sure puts a smile on my face, many thanks for your kind words
    wu-wei and ubizmo like this.
    05-13-12 10:37 AM
    Definitely one of the best apps I have installed on my BB.

I wonder what his status is on BB 10... I suspect it will need re-coding from scratch to be able to run on there.
    BB10 is going to be fun for many devs, however you are correct about re-coding from scratch, its a completely different platform and programming language.

i wont be able to know what the future holds for ADV OS & LED until i actually start developing on bb10 and exploring its capabilities
    05-13-12 10:41 AM
    If i recieve an email (flashing white), and recieve a sms (flashing red), and i use a pc to delete the email, then a couple of minutes later when my fone is sync and the deleted email is removed from the fone, both the white and red LED is stopped, stopping the white one is correct, but the red should keep flashing as this message hasnt been opened.
    its by design, i reset all LED lights if one of the apps signals a stop LED event. for many reasons (battery, user friendly, proof, etc..), it has its pros and cons

Now when i recieve either an email or sms, the led flashes as it should for those settings, but if i recieve a message of the other, the led will flash white and red, but wont be flashing like its set too, its more like a single white > red > white > red.
    this is by blackberry design, i cant control it, if you set the same color twice in a raw, it will skip the second color. hope this helps
    05-13-12 10:50 AM
    This is one GREAT app. That it is freevand supported by a fine guy just adds to the next pleasure.

I'm simple and not sure how to assign a hot key to a Fav App. What are the steps to assign and to use?
    05-14-12 09:59 AM
    This is one GREAT app. That it is freevand supported by a fine guy just adds to the next pleasure.

I'm simple and not sure how to assign a hot key to a Fav App. What are the steps to assign and to use?
    your simple and my app tries to be simple

after you assign a hot key in iLaunch fav app,
    example:

App="BBM"
    hot key= "b"

start ilaunch screen, then press "a" then "b", that's all

Tip: you can change the order of apps in fav app list using priority.
    05-14-12 10:42 AM
    This is great! I just paid for a full version of "Who is it - LED Color Light Alerts for Contacts"! No matter I'm gonna download this puppy anyway!
    05-14-12 11:11 AM
    This is great! I just paid for a full version of "Who is it - LED Color Light Alerts for Contacts"! No matter I'm gonna download this puppy anyway!
    WARNING !! i do not advise you to download my app, if you do you will feel sorry for the $ you spent on "who is it"
    Willard814 likes this.
    05-14-12 11:28 AM
    WARNING !! i do not advise you to download my app, if you do you will feel sorry for the $ you spent on "who is it"
    Too late I already do! Dude this app is soooooo sweet! Now I have another problem I paid for a flashlight app too! Dam you Sultan... dam your oily hide!

P.S. Sultan you could easily get $5 for this app!
    05-14-12 11:34 AM
    Too late I already do! Dude this app is soooooo sweet! Now I have another problem I paid for a flashlight app too! Dam you Sultan... dam your oily hide!

P.S. Sultan you could easily get $5 for this app!
    if i was to choose between $5 and people smiling, i wouldn't think twice about it

just to make you feel worse about the $ you paid for other apps

http://crackberry.com/advance-os-and...g-kitchen-sink

Top Free - BlackBerry App World

i hope i did put a smile on your face too
    Willard814, emtunc and stresstabs like this.
    05-14-12 11:43 AM
    Owned BeBuzz for several years and just paid for upgrade on my phone. Also just bought it for my wife's phone. I don't use toast and the individual contact LED was not working properly with the reminder alerts.

I uninstalled BeBuzz and am now using AOL exclusively. What can I say? Sunk cost.

I can't believe I also paid for QuickLaunch (though that I am keeping because it is a little different than the iLaunch feature). I will use both.

One issue: When I move a message to a folder, the LED flashes again for a second. Anyone know why or how I can prevent that? Thx.
    05-17-12 10:07 AM
    I finally got a chance to utilize the apps full potential! Turns out I ended up deleted 6 apps since this app covers all the bases!

Sultan for President of the World!
    OniBerry likes this.
    05-17-12 02:38 PM
    This app should be included in all OS builds!!!!
    Willard814 likes this.
    05-17-12 02:45 PM
    One issue: When I move a message to a folder, the LED flashes again for a second. Anyone know why or how I can prevent that? Thx.
    Bebuzz is a very good notification app, and much simpler to use, however i provide more LED, popup and phone call options which makes my app harder to use, but loved by all BB experts

regarding moving emails, unfortunately i didnt try it out, however i do have an idea why this is happening (after all i did code the app myself ). Moving emails to folders and receiving new emails are two different things for users, however for LED apps its not different, since LED apps listens for messages arriving to email folders (not to phone email system).

hope this helps clarify things
    05-17-12 03:11 PM
    Well perhaps it is something you can look into in the future. It is not a big deal and I am not switching back to BeBuzz but you should know that I never had this issue with BeBuzz. As an FYI, I am on a hosted Exchange server with Intermedia on a BIS plan using the RIM Enterprise Activation App. The light (my programmed color) pops up for about one second (one flash) and stops even without me touching anything. Maybe that can help you figure this out?
    05-17-12 04:11 PM
    Well perhaps it is something you can look into in the future. It is not a big deal and I am not switching back to BeBuzz but you should know that I never had this issue with BeBuzz. As an FYI, I am on a hosted Exchange server with Intermedia on a BIS plan using the RIM Enterprise Activation App. The light (my programmed color) pops up for about one second (one flash) and stops even without me touching anything. Maybe that can help you figure this out?
    the reason bebuzz avoids this, its only an assumption, its cause they check if the message received by the email folder is unread, i dont check whether the email is read or unread, cause i aim for speed and memory optimizations, but that still makes me guilty of the problem your having

the 1 second blink is probably cause you have LED set to stop with User Activity, so when you move the email, it triggers my app, then my app checks for user activity, so it takes 1 second to stop the LED light after finding that user activity has occurred at the same time of moving the email (the 1 second delay to stop LED is for technical reasons).

i will be honest with you, its not something that people usually complain about, since the more feedback you get when using your mobile, the more it is useful, so i hope you try to make use of this issue to your liking, while i bang my head against the wall trying to add more features to this endless app
    05-18-12 06:27 AM
    Thanks for the reply. I really can't believe no one else has mentioned this before. It is frustrating. I tested it further. Sometimes, the light flashes once (after a delete or move) and goes off without me touching the phone again while other times it keeps on flashing until there is user activity.

I am not sure how difficult this is to change and how much affect it will have on the footprint and performance, but I can't imagine it is only affecting me. So if you can look into it and it is not too much trouble to change, I would be most appreciative. Thanks for all the work you do on this app.
    05-18-12 07:35 AM
    So if you can look into it and it is not too much trouble to change, I would be most appreciative.
    that is what i always do when people request things from me

will see if it is doable in the limited time i have
    05-18-12 11:28 PM
311 ... 45678 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD