How about adding a feature that allows to set the LED speed "for all".

I have several LED actions programmed and i would like to switch speeds sometimes, now i have to do it for every single action individually, adding a "apply to all" option would significantly reduce the amount of time and if i want one LED to be different i can still alter that.
    i tried to significantly reduce the amount of time it takes users to customize their LEDs by introducing "LED Multi-Colors" feature (one LED to many Contacts relationship). cant you use this feature instead ?

example: customize 2 multi-colors (MC1 and MC2), set MC1=fast and MC2=slow. then when you want to switch speed for a contact switch "color count" between MC1 and MC2.

hope this helps
    07-20-12 07:11 AM
    Is there a way to hook in to the SMS application to copy the senders number? Right now you have to hit the menu button, add to contacts and copy the number from the appropriate field then exit out of the 'create contact' screen.

Ideally there would be a 'copy contact number' option in the menu button which does all of this automatically
    07-20-12 12:32 PM
    Is there a way to hook in to the SMS application to copy the senders number? Right now you have to hit the menu button, add to contacts and copy the number from the appropriate field then exit out of the 'create contact' screen.

Ideally there would be a 'copy contact number' option in the menu button which does all of this automatically
    lol, never thought about it, but your absolutely right, just tried it and its very limited, you can only call or add to contacts for received SMS

i guess there might be a way to insert a menu item in SMS app with an action to copy the number to phone's clipboard.

i dont think i will add it to my app, since its limited to SMS only and will not be used by many people. but its a good idea for BB SMS app enhancement, hopefully RIM BB10 devs dont leave this one out
    07-20-12 11:17 PM
    hi

not sure if this was asked before, but anyone know how to set the LED to keep flashing when theres a sms/bbm unread.
    07-22-12 07:02 AM
    hi

not sure if this was asked before, but anyone know how to set the LED to keep flashing when theres a sms/bbm unread.
    You need to set the Timed LED to 'Unlimted' (or your choice), you can find it under 'LED Light' feature's first row.

The default is 15 minutes. (unlimited is the recommended cause it uses less Phone resources )
    07-22-12 07:18 AM
    Hi,

I am not able to unlock the screen when on call when using the 'Call Screen lock' feature. The other day I had to read out a contact number to the caller and I had to disconnect disable this feature and call back. Is there any way to unlock?
    07-30-12 05:40 AM
    Hi,

I am not able to unlock the screen when on call when using the 'Call Screen lock' feature. The other day I had to read out a contact number to the caller and I had to disconnect disable this feature and call back. Is there any way to unlock?
    escape (Back) key or menu key should unlock the screen, however i noticed that the phone enables screen rotation sensor, when in a phone call, on new devices which turns off the screen, its then hard to show the screen again for some unknown reason to me, but if you try rotating the phone multiple times, it usually turns the screen back on again.
    linom likes this.
    07-30-12 05:45 AM
    You need to set the Timed LED to 'Unlimted' (or your choice), you can find it under 'LED Light' feature's first row.

The default is 15 minutes. (unlimited is the recommended cause it uses less Phone resources )
    Hi my wondering developer,

Would unlimited eat the battery if I did not get back to my phone say for 12 hours? Many thanks.
    07-30-12 08:36 AM
    Hi my wondering developer,

Would unlimited eat the battery if I did not get back to my phone say for 12 hours? Many thanks.
    "unlimited" is always recommended, my my app or others, LED or any kind of app, it uses less memory and resources so it saves battery

HOWEVER, LED is a bulb, and no matter what type of bulb it is, it needs battery energy to function and produce light.

so 'yes', please choose 'unlimited', and 'no' do not leave LED ON (use night LED feature) knowing your going to sleep at night or putting your phone away for 12 hours. (of course when not charging only)
    07-30-12 08:48 AM
    Somehow my Individual Contacts are not showing and even doing a restart of the app, or a battery pull of the phone did not fix this.

It says, Individual Contacts(7) , but they are not listed below.

Need this fixed.
    08-16-12 02:52 PM
    Somehow my Individual Contacts are not showing and even doing a restart of the app, or a battery pull of the phone did not fix this.

Need this fixed.
    Do you not have a SHOW button? That is how mine works. CLick on show, then I get the contacts
    08-16-12 03:11 PM

Need this fixed.
    if something goes wrong in my app, i have included a Restore settings feature, you can either restore a backup you have taken previously, or restore to defaults.

"Restore Default Settings" will fix any issue your facing with the app, you can find it by opening the menu in my apps main screen, then selecting "Backup / Restore" menu.

hope this helps
    08-16-12 11:28 PM
    Do you not have a SHOW button? That is how mine works. CLick on show, then I get the contacts
    Yeah I know, but according to the app the option to show Is on (show), just the contacts are not showing at all. Pressing hide well that's to Hide the contacts. I'm not hiding them. I mean why would I? I know how to hide contacts by pressing Hide, but right now the app is displaying (SHOW) but it's like they disappeared.

See picture.

Last edited by calicocat2010; 08-17-12 at 02:56 AM.
    08-17-12 02:45 AM
    if something goes wrong in my app, i have included a Restore settings feature, you can either restore a backup you have taken previously, or restore to defaults.

"Restore Default Settings" will fix any issue your facing with the app, you can find it by opening the menu in my apps main screen, then selecting "Backup / Restore" menu.

hope this helps
    Oh even doing a restore back up does not fix the problem either. Believe me that was the first thing I tried.
    08-17-12 02:58 AM
    Oh even doing a restore back up does not fix the problem either. Believe me that was the first thing I tried.
    i can see where the error is from the picture you posted, it seems something went wrong in your phone after updating to the latest version.

try "restoring default settings", and do not restore any backup after that, you will need to setup everything again.

this is very rare, but it happens if you have special characters in your contacts names, not just A~Z and 0~9 when you upgraded to 14.8. OR restoring settings was interrupted or ended unexpectedly.

"restoring default settings" will fix any issue
    08-17-12 03:29 AM
    Sultan,

Hopefully a quick question for you.

I know that there is a vibration setting for mute, I find that very distracting in the middle of calls, since I am quite often driving in my car and the bberry vibrating on my dashboard is distracting.

Is there a way to have a distinct led blinking pattern when I am on mute? That way I have a visible notification that the bb is muted.
    08-17-12 10:28 AM
    Sultan,

Hopefully a quick question for you.

I know that there is a vibration setting for mute, I find that very distracting in the middle of calls, since I am quite often driving in my car and the bberry vibrating on my dashboard is distracting.

Is there a way to have a distinct led blinking pattern when I am on mute? That way I have a visible notification that the bb is muted.
    This has been requested many times, i will look into adding it, its a bit complicated, but it should be doable in my next release, due to the fact im targeting the LED feature in my next update to include more options never seen before, so mute could be a nice addition
    botham likes this.
    08-17-12 10:35 AM
    i can see where the error is from the picture you posted, it seems something went wrong in your phone after updating to the latest version.

try "restoring default settings", and do not restore any backup after that, you will need to setup everything again.

this is very rare, but it happens if you have special characters in your contacts names, not just A~Z and 0~9 when you upgraded to 14.8. OR restoring settings was interrupted or ended unexpectedly.

"restoring default settings" will fix any issue
    Okay, lets see how that holds up.
    I'll keep you updated.
    08-17-12 10:47 PM
    Hey Sultan,

Is there anyway you can customize the custom actions category to where after you select an action you can go back and delete Any action and not just the last one? Because say there's a ton of commands to enter in the Action ...that would be such a tedious thing to delete Every action to get to the one you might have accidentally entered, or the setting was not correct.

I hope you can understand what I mean.

Umm example,

1. Open Menu
    2. Wait 1s
    3.g
    4.Open Menu
    5.Wait 1s
    6. " "
    7." "
    8. ""
    9. " "
    (Delete Last Action) button

OK, I accidentally pressed the wrong command for number 4, the Open Menu is not supposed to be there. Is there anyway you can allow the user to Choose which Number they have accidentally pressed to fix it instead of deleting Every last action?

Say have something like this instead?

1. Open Menu (delete action)
    2. Wait 1s (delete action)
    3.g (delete action)
    4.Open Menu (delete action)
    5.Wait 1s (delete action)
    6. Enter (delete action)
    7. Open Menu (delete action)
    8. Click (delete action)
    9. Go Down (delete action)
    Last edited by calicocat2010; 08-18-12 at 12:05 AM.
    08-18-12 12:03 AM
    Hey Sultan,

Is there anyway you can customize the custom actions category to where after you select an action you can go back and delete Any action and not just the last one? Because say there's a ton of commands to enter in the Action ...that would be such a tedious thing to delete Every action to get to the one you might have accidentally entered, or the setting was not correct.

Umm example,

1. Open Menu
    2. Wait 1s
    3.g
    4.Open Menu
    5.Wait 1s
    6. " "
    7." "
    8. ""
    9. " "

OK, I accidentally pressed the wrong command for number 4, the Open Menu is not supposed to be there. Is there anyway you can allow the user to Choose which Number they have accidentally pressed to fix it instead of deleting Every last action?

3.g (delete action)
    6. Enter (delete action)
    8. Click (delete action)
    The problem is, if i add delete i should also add insert, then comes adding change, its also going to add complexity when using custom actions. People already think its too complicated with many buttons.

Thats why i have added the try button so people can check every step before proceeding

If i get more time after completing v15, then i will add them
    08-18-12 01:15 AM
    The problem is, if i add delete i should also add insert, then comes adding change, its also going to add complexity when using custom actions. People already think its too complicated with many buttons.

Thats why i have added the try button so people can check every step before proceeding

If i get more time after completing v15, then i will add them
    Sultan is the SULTAN!
    Sultan Al Sooz likes this.
    08-18-12 01:20 AM
    Hey Sultan,

Umm example,

1. Open Menu
    2. Wait 1s
    3.g
    4.Open Menu
    5.Wait 1s
    6. " "
    7." "
    8. ""
    9. " "

3.g (delete action)
    6. Enter (delete action)
    8. Click (delete action)
    ok, i changed my mind, since you have spent enough time writing the above request, i didnt want your efforts to go wasted so i have added the delete and insert to any step in iLaunch custom actions, it is available to download now from my beta link, if you dont have the beta link, then just email me and i will send you the link

my beta links are actually a full copy of my app, it is a free app after all
    08-18-12 06:18 AM
    Would it be possible to allow a user to configure the speed of the LED flash?
    08-18-12 09:57 AM
    Would it be possible to allow a user to configure the speed of the LED flash?
    it is already possible, you have 7 speeds for each LED color
    08-18-12 10:00 AM
    ok, i changed my mind, since you have spent enough time writing the above request, i didnt want your efforts to go wasted so i have added the delete and insert to any step in iLaunch custom actions, it is available to download now from my beta link, if you dont have the beta link, then just email me and i will send you the link

my beta links are actually a full copy of my app, it is a free app after all
    Oh ok cool. Thank you very much.

I will email you right now.
    08-18-12 01:00 PM
311 ... 10111213
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD