I don't like this app one bit. How anyone can say this app is better than BeBuzz boggles my mind, since Bebuzz is so easy to set up and has all of the same functionality
    Of course that is your right, but how does it feel to be a minority of one?
    jaydee5799 and Legal Eagle like this.
    07-09-12 04:39 AM
    I don't like this app one bit. How anyone can say this app is better than BeBuzz boggles my mind, since Bebuzz is so easy to set up and has all of the same functionality
    I used to keep Meterberry solely for the reset device option. Recently dumped that too! This app does that as well. And for no drain on the battery like BeBuzz. now what is this iLaunch we're talking about? Similar to QL? Maybe there's another app I can dump to gain some MB back!!
    07-09-12 06:20 AM
    I used to keep Meterberry solely for the reset device option. Recently dumped that too! This app does that as well. And for no drain on the battery like BeBuzz. now what is this iLaunch we're talking about? Similar to QL? Maybe there's another app I can dump to gain some MB back!!
    nothing compares to the glory of iLaunch (Instant Launch) feature, this is my one feature that i can never believe i made myself, and if you are using my app without using iLaunch, then please start using it right now , it completes all other features and extends your OS to unlimited boundaries

WARRING!! iLaunch is highly addictive, if you have plans to stop using BlackBerry, then dont use iLaunch, it will ruin your plans for sure .
    07-09-12 06:31 AM
    BeBuzz is a great app but at the same time, once you get one LED setting set up on this app, you'll find it a breeze.

So many times I installed it, looked at it and deleted it 'cos it looked too complicated. But I ended up downloading it and giving it a go and it's actually very simple.
    07-10-12 04:48 AM
    BeBuzz is a great app but at the same time, once you get one LED setting set up on this app, you'll find it a breeze.

So many times I installed it, looked at it and deleted it 'cos it looked too complicated. But I ended up downloading it and giving it a go and it's actually very simple.
    Based on this comment, I will give Advanced OS and LED another shot. They say the 3rd time is a charm...
    07-10-12 05:01 AM
    Despite their shortcomings with customer service, I too held on to the notion that BeBuzz was the superior LED app based in large part to its cleaner preferences UI. But once ARM starting shutting down BeBuzz 5 (and BeBuzz 4, for that matter), I knew I had to make the switch to AOS&L. Once an app is flagged as dirty, no way is it staying on my device.
    07-10-12 05:16 AM
    Tried this app for the first time yesterday but none of the "Incoming call LED" notifications work for me.

Anyone else have this problem? All other notifications seem to work fine except for this one.
    07-10-12 09:50 AM
    Tried this app for the first time yesterday but none of the "Incoming call LED" notifications work for me.

Anyone else have this problem? All other notifications seem to work fine except for this one.
    Did you disable the LED call alert in the relevant profiles ?

I think that you need to do this for the app to work properly.

I'm sure that Sultan will correct me if I'm wrong.
    07-10-12 10:04 AM
    nothing compares to the glory of iLaunch (Instant Launch) feature, this is my one feature that i can never believe i made myself, and if you are using my app without using iLaunch, then please start using it right now , it completes all other features and extends your OS to unlimited boundaries

WARRING!! iLaunch is highly addictive, if you have plans to stop using BlackBerry, then dont use iLaunch, it will ruin your plans for sure .
    iLaunch is pretty amazing. With a couple clicks I can toggle my backlight timeout easily when I am reading on Kindle app. I have my default timeout set to 10 seconds, but my action parameters easily set it to 1 minute.

Anyone want to share what some of their custom actions are?
    07-10-12 10:12 AM
    iLaunch is pretty amazing. With a couple clicks I can toggle my backlight timeout easily when I am reading on Kindle app. I have my default timeout set to 10 seconds, but my action parameters easily set it to 1 minute.

Change sound profile from normal to silent and back again, turn Bluetooth on and off, and switch from 3G to 2G and back again.

Took some working out but now I've got the hang of it what a feature !!!

Just added New SMS and New e.mail.
    Last edited by Legal Eagle; 07-10-12 at 12:14 PM.
    wolfee48 likes this.
    07-10-12 10:18 AM
    Did you disable the LED call alert in the relevant profiles ?

I think that you need to do this for the app to work properly.

I'm sure that Sultan will correct me if I'm wrong.
    Thanks for the fast reply, Legal Eagle.

I went to each profile I use and under "Visual alerts", the LED is set to "OFF".

I assume this is the only place I need to turn off LED notifications?
    07-10-12 10:19 AM
    Thanks for the fast reply, Legal Eagle.

I went to each profile I use and under "Visual alerts", the LED is set to "OFF".

I assume this is the only place I need to turn off LED notifications?
    I think that you have made the right moves so not sure what the problem might be.

Panic not, the developer Sultan follows these threads closely and I am sure that you will get a personal reply from him very soon.

That is one of the beauties of this app, the developer really cares about the users.
    07-10-12 10:24 AM

How do you set that up, 'fraid I need step by step. Many thanks.
    07-10-12 11:40 AM
    How do you set that up, 'fraid I need step by step. Many thanks.

Here are screenshots of my set up. If your time out is 10 seconds, perform custom action and it will change it to 1 minute. Perform same custom action again and it will change it back to 10 seconds. I have one set up for 2 minutes if you're interested in that one too.

BlazorBoy likes this.
    07-10-12 11:56 AM
    Thanks. Not really sure I see all the steps. What action did you select. Actually, if it's too complicated, np.
    07-10-12 12:03 PM
    Thanks. Not really sure I see all the steps. What action did you select. Actually, if it's too complicated, np.

Start a new custom action. Select "options" as a start. Then copy all my actions starting at 1-move down.
    BlazorBoy likes this.
    07-10-12 12:08 PM
    Start a new custom action. Select "options" as a start. Then copy all my actions starting at 1-move down.

Thanks for all this help. I now understand the process. You are very kind.
    wolfee48 likes this.
    07-10-12 12:46 PM
    Ok cool. It was much easier to post screenshots rather than type it out one step at a time. Play with it and you can set it to 2 minutes as well. But create a new custom action to play around with. Click on try and it will show you progress.
    BlazorBoy likes this.
    07-10-12 01:02 PM
    Ok cool. It was much easier to post screenshots rather than type it out one step at a time. Play with it and you can set it to 2 minutes as well. But create a new custom action to play around with. Click on try and it will show you progress.
    Thanks again, I had never really understood the basic process. Now that I do, thanks to you, I will go at it quite a bit.
    wolfee48 likes this.
    07-10-12 01:09 PM
    Yeah, the first one is the hardest, but once you've got the hang of it it's an amazing tool.
    BlazorBoy and wolfee48 like this.
    07-10-12 01:09 PM
    Unlike BeBuzz, the BB user has to be smart in order to use the advanced features. Just because something is easy to setup and use doesn't mean it is the best.

Look at iPhone for example; easy to use so most of our human population who is not smart enough to understand technology can use it, but not good enough for any customization.
    07-11-12 12:44 AM
    I think that you have made the right moves so not sure what the problem might be.

Panic not, the developer Sultan follows these threads closely and I am sure that you will get a personal reply from him very soon.

That is one of the beauties of this app, the developer really cares about the users.
    Thanks

the LED in the profiles is the right move for some phone models

and the most important thing is app permissions, please "Allow" everything under homescreen> options> device> application management> Adv OS and LED

then restart and try again
    07-11-12 01:12 AM
    i made a feature that is too powerful, i dont even know what people can do with it, some even control the escreen with it, lol.

just imagine that you can automate with iLaunch anything you can do on your phone, so use it to automate your most frequent tasks by adding them as custom actions
    07-11-12 01:22 AM
    Yeah, the first one is the hardest, but once you've got the hang of it it's an amazing tool.
    Right on, and you always remember your First One!
    Legal Eagle likes this.
    07-11-12 02:51 AM
    The app permission for "phone" was set to deny. Changed this to "allow" and it worked!

Thanks for your help!!

Thanks

the LED in the profiles is the right move for some phone models

and the most important thing is app permissions, please "Allow" everything under homescreen> options> device> application management> Adv OS and LED

then restart and try again
    07-12-12 08:27 AM
311 ... 89101112 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD