Change it!

Seriously, the Launch feature of the app is different from its other features. It's meant to be used constantly, over and over again all through the day, every day. In contrast, setting LEDs etc. is something we do once in a while. For this reason, the added 'a' keystroke needed to actually launch an app is a significant loss of economy/efficiency.

Some people don't use the Launch feature much, if at all. For them, it's better to have the hotkey bring up the dashboard. But for anybody who does use the Launch feature, it's far better for the hotkey to go right into Launch mode, much the way QuickLaunch does it.

i will ask you something, i hope you dont mind.

why are you not using the "Instant Key Action" = "Favorite Apps" ? why do you think i made this option ?

i made it so people like yourself who wants to directly access one of iLaunch sub screens, can simply double click the camera side key. i do not understand why is it so difficult to double click the side key, you already have your finger on it to start iLaunch popup with one click, so just click it twice instead of once. (also there are other ways to access the "instant key" since it is the default key when iLaunch popup is visible.)

its not that i haven't provided a way for people to directly access the sub screens, its that people dont want to try the options before they request for more (which i believe is already available in your case), i still think that many people are not aware of the Instant Key option, or they do not know what it is made for. kindly try to utilize the instant key for your own needs.

Hope this helps you and many others who wants to directly access the "Favorite Apps" sub screen or any other sub screen without having to remember any additional keys
    BlazorBoy, tsells and AbuYazeedUK like this.
    06-30-12 01:37 AM
    How do u set it up so spacebar opens the iLauncher?? I have set it to 'yes', but nothing happens
    im not sure what you meant when you wrote " set it to 'yes' ", but in iLaunch settings you must set "homescreen shortcut key" = "space key".

and in your phone's homescreen, open menu, select options and make sure "Launch by typing" = "Application Shortcuts"
    06-30-12 01:43 AM
    im not sure what you meant when you wrote " set it to 'yes' ", but in iLaunch settings you must set "homescreen shortcut key" = "space key".

and in your phone's homescreen, open menu, select options and make sure "Launch by typing" = "Application Shortcuts"
    Ahhhh.... It was the 'Launch by Typing' thing I hadn't done. I like universal search too much to change that
    06-30-12 04:26 AM
    Ahhhh.... It was the 'Launch by Typing' thing I hadn't done. I like universal search too much to change that
    Change it and just tyoe s to start a search, best of both worlds that way.
    I'm sure I am missing something. Why not use the side key in the home screen as in any other screen?
    06-30-12 04:32 AM
    you wont lose universal search "universal search" = "s"
    06-30-12 04:32 AM
    you wont lose universal search "universal search" = "s"
    Ahhhh, hadn't thought of that.... have now changed it

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using the CB forums app
    06-30-12 01:01 PM
    Sultan, I was wondering if you could help me out a little. Sorry if it's been asked before, but I can't find the solution (so many pages haha).

I've set the "Stop LED When" to "Open App", yet when I turn on my screen the LED automatically turns off. Isn't that what "User Activity" is supposed to do? Is there any way to keep the LED on until after I open the application? Thanks so much for this great app!
    07-01-12 11:40 PM
    Sultan, I was wondering if you could help me out a little. Sorry if it's been asked before, but I can't find the solution (so many pages haha).

I've set the "Stop LED When" to "Open App", yet when I turn on my screen the LED automatically turns off. Isn't that what "User Activity" is supposed to do? Is there any way to keep the LED on until after I open the application? Thanks so much for this great app!
    Thats correct, however i just double checked my code, and if you have "open app" set to stop LED, then only the Related App can issue a stop LED command (OR if you open messages app due to a problem in the SMS app, i had to create this workaround)

but other apps can interfere and requests stop LED command, unfortunately it is difficult to tell which app does this, but a good starting point is the sound profiles (yes an app with a sound profile can stop the LED by just issuing a stop sound command)

hope this helps you identify the app which is causing the LED to stop.

Note: if you only turn On phone screen, it will not be a user activity, only if you touch the screen while it is ON, this will be a user activity
    Last edited by Sultan Al Sooz; 07-02-12 at 12:06 AM.
    jimmyjyc likes this.
    07-02-12 12:03 AM
    Hi Sultan, thanks for the speedy reply!
    I had previously uninstalled ColorID (though I had never customized it in the first place).

So I went through all the options in my profile, turning all LED alerts off including all the "Other Applications - Notifiers". This didn't work, but then I remembered that I hadn't done a battery pull, so I did that and now it's working perfectly. Thanks for your help!
    07-02-12 12:31 AM

i will ask you something, i hope you dont mind.

why are you not using the "Instant Key Action" = "Favorite Apps" ? why do you think i made this option ?

i made it so people like yourself who wants to directly access one of iLaunch sub screens, can simply double click the camera side key. i do not understand why is it so difficult to double click the side key, you already have your finger on it to start iLaunch popup with one click, so just click it twice instead of once. (also there are other ways to access the "instant key" since it is the default key when iLaunch popup is visible.)
    I don't mind at all.

I never use the camera key, for anything, because I find it the least accessible button on the phone. Moreover, I use the BB Soft Shell case which, like many other cases, covers it, making it even less appealing to use (you have to press harder to use it). I don't even use it to start the camera. The <space> key, on the other hand, is right there under my thumb, perfectly positioned to do things.

But I understand that it's hard to rearrange things when the whole app is set up a certain way, and little reason to do so when most other users of your app are happy with things the way they are. I just thought I'd add my opinion to the mix.
    wolfee48 likes this.
    07-02-12 10:00 AM
    I don't mind at all.
    But I understand that it's hard to rearrange things when the whole app is set up a certain way, and little reason to do so when most other users of your app are happy with things the way they are. I just thought I'd add my opinion to the mix.
    yes, sorry about this, but it is really hard to change a complex algorithm, its good for size, memory and battery, but its hard to change

so you have a case that is difficult to use the convenience key, may i ask how do you open the iLaunch popup ? only in homescreen using space key or in all apps using iLaunch menu in all menus ? (the reason im asking is cause i still believe you skipped an important point about the instant key)

waiting for your reply
    07-02-12 12:19 PM
    The popup tries to help users by displaying info (like "Unlinked BBM Contact"), so please link your bbm contact with a Phone contact

Read the FAQs in the "BBM" feature in my app for a step by step help on BBM popups and LEDs
    That makes sense! i'll have to get his telephone number to go with his PIN lol :P

Thanks a lot for the reply and the app, it'll be one of the first apps i download when i get my Torch
    07-04-12 08:09 AM
    I use the convenience key to open iLaunch then tap it again and it gives me a list of my favourite apps. That's how I was using quicklaunch. Very easy, thanks Sultan
    07-04-12 10:42 AM
    I use the convenience key to open iLaunch then tap it again and it gives me a list of my favourite apps. That's how I was using quicklaunch. Very easy, thanks Sultan
    That's the quickest way possible cause you configured Instant Key

but did you know that you can tab it one more time to launch the first app in the list
    wolfee48 likes this.
    07-04-12 10:52 AM
    Since upgrading my OS to include ARM, BeBuzz (which I have used for years) is always being shut down as a battery hog. I downloaded your app and configured it and deleted BeBuzz. I can honestly say that I notice no difference in my light notifications! It's all I wanted BeBuzz to do. I don't use pop ups.

Can you tell me, if I get a bbm and an email, I have two diff colored leds going. If I read the email, is there a way to leave the bbm light still blinking? I have read though the thread and I'm not sure I have seen my question answered.

Love this app. Oh and BTW, Automatic Resource Manager does not have ANY problem with this app running the battery down! YAY!!! I have found my BeBuzz replacement!!! Plus this app does so much more. I have yet to use all its features....
    07-08-12 08:17 AM
    Since upgrading my OS to include ARM, BeBuzz (which I have used for years) is always being shut down as a battery hog. I downloaded your app and configured it and deleted BeBuzz. I can honestly say that I notice no difference in my light notifications! It's all I wanted BeBuzz to do. I don't use pop ups.

Can you tell me, if I get a bbm and an email, I have two diff colored leds going. If I read the email, is there a way to leave the bbm light still blinking? I have read though the thread and I'm not sure I have seen my question answered.

Love this app. Oh and BTW, Automatic Resource Manager does not have ANY problem with this app running the battery down! YAY!!! I have found my BeBuzz replacement!!! Plus this app does so much more. I have yet to use all its features....

You just answered your own question

You said that my app doesn't drain your battery, hence thats why the led needs to go off when you clear only 1 app

Battery consumption is top priority for me, there are many other factors i consider, but all these things combined makes my app power consumption very low. however people never noticed it until RIM upgraded the 7.1 OS.

Like millions of other led app users, who switched to my app, you will most likely take sometime to adjust to the new changes, but you will enjoy it at the end

Did i mention you also have popups in my app for bbm
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    07-08-12 08:35 AM
    Thanks for your prompt reply to my question. You're right. I will get used to it. I don't know why my email has to blinking interminably long anyway...my email is not critical. I use BBM for most of the communication anyway.

Thanks again!!
    07-08-12 08:49 AM
    Thanks for your prompt reply to my question. You're right. I will get used to it. I don't know why my email has to blinking interminably long anyway...my email is not critical. I use BBM for most of the communication anyway.

Thanks again!!
    My recommendation for your email led issue, in my app's led settings, set "Stop LED When" = "User Activity", you will wonder how did you use your bb phone without this option
    07-08-12 08:54 AM
    My recommendation for your email led issue, in my app's led settings, set "Stop LED When" = "User Activity", you will wonder how did you use your bb phone without this option

Hi,
    if you set it to "User Activity" do you have to be using phone to stop LED?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    07-08-12 10:32 AM
    Hi,
    if you set it to "User Activity" do you have to be using phone to stop LED?

"User Activity" will Guarantee the fastest way to stop LED, hence it will disturb you the least.

your question is interesting, but confusing at the same time !!, how else do you stop the LED if your not holding your phone or have a limit on the LED light set in my app ?

there is also auto switch to Night LED which will stop LED at a specific time you set, but im sure you meant something else.

i can confirm no other app has so many different ways to stop the led as much as mine does
    07-08-12 10:41 AM
    thanks for reply

my question was geared around if an email arrives, so my led flashes and i dont have phone in hand i dont want it blinking indefinitely.

great app by the way

when is your user guide coming out please via website?

07-08-12 10:50 AM
    my question was geared around if an email arrives, so my led flashes and i dont have phone in hand i dont want it blinking indefinitely.
    you can set it to auto stop as fast as 10s or up to unlimited

when is your user guide coming out please via website?
    this is a tough question, im only 1 person coding, supporting and doing everything in between as well, all that in my free time. writing a manual for Adv OS & LED would require a tremendous amount of work. if you think im exaggerating then just check out iLaunch feature (all of it) and let me know how far you reach.

also im working on adding crazy new features (see my apps latest twitter's tweet )

lets just assume it will be done somehow, but not very soon
    07-08-12 11:01 AM
    I agree with jaydee totally! I just recently gave up BeBuzz as well in favor of 'trying' your app and I am very, very pleased! I'm still trying to educate myself on all of its tremendous features but overall, I feel a little stupid for hanging on to Be Buzz for so long! I too appreciate your efforts and hard work to provide this app-not to mention keeping it free! Thank you!
    jaydee5799 and Sultan Al Sooz like this.
    07-08-12 11:51 AM
    I don't like this app one bit. How anyone can say this app is better than BeBuzz boggles my mind, since Bebuzz is so easy to set up and has all of the same functionality
    07-09-12 04:06 AM
    I don't like this app one bit. How anyone can say this app is better than BeBuzz boggles my mind, since Bebuzz is so easy to set up and has all of the same functionality
    i also believe BeBuzz is so nice, crazy world

but im forced to use my app's LED feature cause i made it myself, however you dont have to use it

as for functionally, you are totally on the wrong side, both apps are not the same, mine is 30+ apps, while Bebuzz is an LED app

maybe you would want to try my apps call features or Instant Launch, maybe email features, or contacts cleaner and merger, mm Device Restart might ring a bell and much more

please do keep using BeBuzz side by side with my app
    Azensun, mssca and jaydee5799 like this.
    07-09-12 04:20 AM
311 ... 7891011 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD