hope you realize that i had to add more code to prevent users from merging using the last rule , for their own good (at least for the majority of users)
    yes I realize the impact now !!!! Its is safer to remove them manually !!!! Thanks for the enlightenment !!

I cannot think of any other innovative feature that can be included in your application !!! may be a brightness controller for the camera flash when it is used as a torch ? like low /medium / high...hahah or like the LEDS in the keypad light up in a row or they blink for a notification ?

This is the best application ever !
    04-18-12 02:20 AM
    Best app around. Curious: how many downloads have you had?
    04-18-12 04:14 AM
    Advanced OS and LED blows BeBuzz out of the water. I hate BeBuzz with their bugs and what not!
    04-18-12 04:38 AM
    Best app around. Curious: how many downloads have you had?
    on average days with no updates for 2+ weeks, 30,000 to 35,000 downloads.

yesterday 145,000 downloads, i expect it to go even more up for the next few days, then things will settle back to around 30,000+ a day.

for the total amount, i stopped counting when i reached 2,000,000 last December, im not in the money making or ads business, so i only care about daily downloads so i know if something is wrong or not (plus that keeps me in the top 25 free apps worldwide)
    04-18-12 04:52 AM
    on average days with no updates for 2+ weeks, 30,000 to 35,000 downloads.

yesterday 145,000 downloads, i expect it to go even more up for the next few days, then things will settle back to around 30,000+ a day.

for the total amount, i stopped counting when i reached 2,000,000 last December, im not in the money making or ads business, so i only care about daily downloads so i know if something is wrong or not (plus that keeps me in the top 25 free apps worldwide)
    Whoa! So if you had this at even $2.99 (low, low cost!), you would have made....alot (flunked math). This truly speaks to your character.

Thanks again. Any other endeavors coming up?
    04-18-12 07:49 AM
    Advanced OS and LED blows BeBuzz out of the water. I hate BeBuzz with their bugs and what not!
    I was skeptical at first, but I've got to agree. Advanced OS and LED is not as user-friendly (at first) to set up, but once you play with it for a while it works like a charm!

And as mentioned above there are no bugs like the other app and Sultan's support is amazing (especially as compared to the other app).
    04-18-12 08:26 AM
    Thanks again. Any other endeavors coming up?
    as long as i have some free time to spare between my day job and family, i will try to continue what i started, no particular area, just when people request for good features, i will include it
    04-18-12 08:43 AM
    Dear Sultan,

first of all, thank you very much for this app. It is probably the best free app i have seen since "Jbak's taskman" on Symbian... and that says a lot!
    I don't care about eye-candy, just functionnality and AOL really takes the cake.
    RIM should really hire people like you, I think you (and they) don't realize how valuable you are to Blackberry!

As far as I'm concerned, even if your app is fantastic, I'm still using BeBuzz (as a long time owner of the paid version) just because its popups (or "toasts" as they call them) are less obtrusive (you can set them to stay on top or bottom of the screen, and disappear after one second or two). This is the only reason!
    So when your app will be able to have the same discreet popups, i will delete BeBuzz and use yours

If i may add one suggestion: have you ever used a recent Android by Samsung (with the "Touchwizz" UI)? One thing that i really liked was the ability to send an SMS right after hanging up. So right after ending a conversation you could click on "send sms" to send a message to this person you were talking to. Simple but highly useful! I guess that shouldn't be very different from the "add to contacts" to implement?
    This would really rock and i swear that every user will love it!
    Please take this in consideration!

Whatever you do, i wish you all the best!

OFF TOPIC: RIM, let that be an example for you! Hire people like this guy or Vijik (shortcutme creator). If it wasn't for these guys, your phones would become dumber and similar to iPhones and Androids... Stop trying to compete with Apple and Google on their court and keep doing what you do best... Dimmer/smaller LED, less useful keys, small capacity battery.... what's next? Ditch the keyboard/trackpad/call key? I really don't like what Blackberry is becoming.
    04-18-12 11:10 AM
    As far as I'm concerned, even if your app is fantastic, I'm still using BeBuzz (as a long time owner of the paid version)
    i have full respect and actually support bebuzz when people try to say something bad about the app, i really dont care about the company, but have full respect to the dev who made it, although i dont know him or her, however only him/her and myself know how hard it was to create a fully integrated notification system with the OS that actually works on all apps, calls, sms and emails, so please dont delete BeBuzz

One thing that i really liked was the ability to send an SMS right after hanging up. So right after ending a conversation you could click on "send sms" to send a message to this person you were talking to.
    how about i add "send SMS" and "send email" (if the contact has an email) and "send bbm" (if the contact has a pin, this is already available in my apps bbm popups using 'r'+'r' key shortcut when bbm popup is visible and bbm contact is linked to address book)

this is very easy. will add it to my app in my next release
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    04-18-12 11:34 AM
    Hehe, thats really kind of you Sultan, but if your app outperforms BeBuzz for my needs, I will have no choice but to install AOL, so i might as well delete BeBuzz when this happens, no matter how much i like it and Bellshare (the developpers), because it would become useless to have both, unfortunately.
    By the way, it's great to see a developper that praises and respects the competition as you do, and as others have said (referring to the huge amount of work you put into this, without charging for it), that tells much about the person you are.

Wow! If you implement that, you can't imagine how much time I would save everyday! it would be great!

Anyway I would like to sincerely thank you, and if you need beta testers, do not hesitate!
    04-18-12 02:44 PM
    how about i add "send SMS" and "send email" (if the contact has an email) and "send bbm" (if the contact has a pin, this is already available in my apps bbm popups using 'r'+'r' key shortcut when bbm popup is visible and bbm contact is linked to address book)

this is very easy. will add it to my app in my next release
    Heck yes! Easier to tell my wife " no!) with a text after I hang up!
    MrVeda likes this.
    04-18-12 05:00 PM
    Hmm I am having a issue it seems. I have the new update and now I have 1 contact with their own light colour but It is showing up. For example is they bbm me it shows blue as I have it set but when that 1 contact msg me is does not show up violet as I have it set to. But it does work with txt msgs. And I have turned off the led for bbm msgs so it doesn't interfear. Any ideas?
    04-22-12 11:31 AM
    Hmm I am having a issue it seems. I have the new update and now I have 1 contact with their own light colour but It is showing up. For example is they bbm me it shows blue as I have it set but when that 1 contact msg me is does not show up violet as I have it set to. But it does work with txt msgs. And I have turned off the led for bbm msgs so it doesn't interfear. Any ideas?
    yes, it seems some phones are having problems with the new update for individual bbm contacts. i am working on it, hopefully an update should be available within 2 weeks
    04-22-12 11:40 AM
    I don't like anymore since it uses the space as the caller, because it clashed with the QuickLaunch, very disappointing.
    04-22-12 12:45 PM
    I don't like anymore since it uses the space as the caller, because it clashed with the QuickLaunch, very disappointing.
    lol, that was in version 11.2 (old version)

in version 12.0 (available in app world since last week) you can change the shortcut key (caller) to 4 others keys, or no key at all
    04-22-12 01:00 PM
    lol, that was in version 11.2 (old version)

in version 12.0 (available in app world since last week) you can change the shortcut key (caller) to 4 others keys, or no key at all
    oh yeah? wow thank you so much for telling me,
    really love this app, free forever.
    if I may request, I want it to lock automatically when entered into the holster.
    Thank you very much.
    Last edited by armatek; 04-22-12 at 01:13 PM.
    04-22-12 01:07 PM
    oh yeah? wow thank you so much for telling me,
    really love this app, free forever.
    if I may request, I want it to lock automatically when entered into the holster.
    Thank you very much.

locking device when entered into the holster is already available in your phone

goto homescreen> Options> Security> Password> Lock Handheld Upon Holstering.
    04-22-12 01:14 PM

locking device when entered into the holster is already available in your phone

goto homescreen> Options> Security> Password> Lock Handheld Upon Holstering.
    Yeah I know it, but I don't want to enter password each time unlock.
    Will you create option "lock upon holstering (without password)"?

to open it I use x-slide,
    on the x-slide unfortunately there is also no option "lock upon holstering"

or .... would (also) make a slide to open?

This will be very useful (for people)
    Last edited by armatek; 04-22-12 at 01:37 PM.
    04-22-12 01:31 PM
    Yeah I know it, but I don't want to enter password each time unlock.
    Will you create option "lock upon holstering (without password)"?
    This will be very useful (for people)
    lol, will look into it, i still have so many requests, but i will try to include yours as well
    armatek likes this.
    04-22-12 01:35 PM
    lol, will look into it, i still have so many requests, but i will try to include yours as well
    OOOooo... Cheeky me would like to chime in

Request here for a less obtrusive popup for messages/email/etc. The current huge box popup thing when you receive a new message is quite big! Would like to see something just at the bottom of the screen.. a single line or something, that I could hit and it'll bring me to the main app.. Or at the top, the way iPhones do it currently on iOS 5?

Thank you Sultan! You honestly are doing amazing work.
    04-22-12 03:25 PM
    I like the pop-up the way it is, but: it takes too many clicks to clear it. I would like the ability to hit the backspace button one time to clear the pop-up.

Also, can the homescreen when using the camera light be darkened?
    04-22-12 04:02 PM
    I know when I want to clear the popup real fast I just hit the del key and it will make it go away without any other action needed. Also if when a popup is showing if u hit the H key it will show u a complete list of shortcuts to deal with the popups.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    04-22-12 05:07 PM
    OOOooo... Cheeky me would like to chime in

Request here for a less obtrusive popup for messages/email/etc. The current huge box popup thing when you receive a new message is quite big! Would like to see something just at the bottom of the screen.. a single line or something, that I could hit and it'll bring me to the main app.. Or at the top, the way iPhones do it currently on iOS 5?

Thank you Sultan! You honestly are doing amazing work.

U can minimize popupssize by hiding the buttons in the popup feature
    04-22-12 09:45 PM
    Is there a simple location where I can go and read about the different features of your app? I know there is no manual, but a page of features would be of great assistance to someone like me who is short of time, but wants to investigate your App before installation. And no - I don't have a Facebook account.

I am fed up with the Spam that BeBuzz is sending to my phone's email accounts without asking first. So I wanted a new LED Notification app. But all the other features of your app have me intrigued. It sounds like you have created a stunner of an application here.
    05-07-12 09:28 AM
    Is there a simple location where I can go and read about the different features of your app? I know there is no manual, but a page of features would be of great assistance to someone like me who is short of time, but wants to investigate your App before installation. And no - I don't have a Facebook account.

I am fed up with the Spam that BeBuzz is sending to my phone's email accounts without asking first. So I wanted a new LED Notification app. But all the other features of your app have me intrigued. It sounds like you have created a stunner of an application here.

My app itself is structured like a tree menu, each feature has its own description, and there is main screen help menu for many usuful info.

dont worry about the numbers of features in my app, its all like separate apps, just enable what you understand and disable the rest until you have more time to read each feature alone
    05-07-12 09:34 AM
311 ... 34567 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD