the app is great, i'd immediately switch from Bebuzz to this one, but i really like the BBM pop up feature that Bebuzz has. It pops up the actual BBM message when someone messages, as opposed to just notifying you that there is a message but not knowing what the content is.
    But definitely AOL is an excellent app
    Does that actually work for you? Sorry for asking a BeBuzz question in this thread but do you actually get the preview of the contents of the BBM message in the toast? For me it just says "BlackBerry Messenger" in the toast, but it works fine for normal text messages.
    02-17-12 05:55 PM
    Yep it does work, that's why I use it
    But I think I remember reading AOL does it too now after the recent update
    02-17-12 05:58 PM
    Yep it does work, that's why I use it
    But I think I remember reading AOL does it too now after the recent update
    That's really weird, I'm not sure why it doesn't work for me... It never has. Not even for Google Talk. Are you on OS 7.1 or 7.0? I'm on 7.0.
    02-17-12 08:00 PM
    Advanced OS and LED is absolutely the best out there! I have tried them all and WAS a Bebuzz user for years. It works perfectly and without fail in my 9930 and I've had the pleasure of deleting Bepopup and screen grabber as well. Have you seen the small footprint?!? How is that possible?!! This app has it covered on almost every corner, including BBM contacts.....just awesome. The clincher is the developer. He created and released this for FREE. He responds to questions, comments and queeries and the updates have been fantastic. I would highly recommend this to anybody and that's my 2 cents.
    Last edited by jamesharmeling; 02-17-12 at 08:30 PM.
    Sultan Al Sooz likes this.
    02-17-12 08:28 PM
    Im also a new user and enjoying it much also. Thanks!
    02-17-12 08:57 PM
    Does that actually work for you? Sorry for asking a BeBuzz question in this thread but do you actually get the preview of the contents of the BBM message in the toast? For me it just says "BlackBerry Messenger" in the toast, but it works fine for normal text messages.
    In the Advance OS and LED app for the BBM contacts tht u want to see their chat text in the BBM popup they must have a LED assigned or they must be linked to a phone contact. If they don't have one of the two in the popup it will just show the persons name or pin. So for BBM contacts I want to see the message in the popup I just created a normal contact in my contacts and link the pin to the new contact profile.
    Last edited by jordan559; 02-17-12 at 10:07 PM.
    02-17-12 09:58 PM
    That's really weird, I'm not sure why it doesn't work for me... It never has. Not even for Google Talk. Are you on OS 7.1 or 7.0? I'm on 7.0.
    Its worked for me on both 7.1 and 7.0. It works for email, sms, and bbm. Gtalk, msn it doesn't. Maybe try enabling show chats in message application in bbm. However mine is off and still works
    02-18-12 05:25 AM
    Scratch that, come to think of it, its only been 7.1. Make sure u download the 7.1 bebuzz version. That should do the trick
    02-18-12 05:27 AM
    Scratch that, come to think of it, its only been 7.1. Make sure u download the 7.1 bebuzz version. That should do the trick
    Change is very hard to accept for some people, but eventually it will happen

I'm a true believer that people should try both apps, mine is free, so u can try it then delete it whenever u want

Once u see the difference and power of my app, u will understand what I mean by change

FYI: my app shows bbm popup with chat text, contact bbm picture, preset reply text (driving, busy, etc..), a custom background and text color just for bbm popups, and can filter bbm popups to show only some contacts or all, it doesn't matter where u save ur bbm chat history (sd card or device memory) and can auto delete bbm saved chat history, I think u get the difference now

Please try both apps then decide when its the right time to accept change
    02-18-12 07:15 AM
    Thanks, I guess that might explain it. I'll be upgrading to 7.1 soon so I'll see how it goes then.

Change is very hard to accept for some people, but eventually it will happen

I'm a true believer that people should try both apps, mine is free, so u can try it then delete it whenever u want

Once u see the difference and power of my app, u will understand what I mean by change

FYI: my app shows bbm popup with chat text, contact bbm picture, preset reply text (driving, busy, etc..), a custom background and text color just for bbm popups, and can filter bbm popups to show only some contacts or all, it doesn't matter where u save ur bbm chat history (sd card or device memory) and can auto delete bbm saved chat history, I think u get the difference now

Please try both apps then decide when its the right time to accept change
    I'm interested in trying your app, though I feel like I would have wasted my money on BeBuzz if I stopped using it so soon after I bought it. I'll probably install your app on my dad's phone since he hasn't bought BeBuzz and see how it is.
    02-18-12 08:03 AM
    I'm interested in trying your app, though I feel like I would have wasted my money on BeBuzz if I stopped using it so soon after I bought it. I'll probably install your app on my dad's phone since he hasn't bought BeBuzz and see how it is.
    Thanks

I still think people r little confused about my app, since blackberry developers create limited apps, therefore bb users r used to such limitations.

Whatever was discussed here is less than half the options in my app, some people download my app for its phone call features, screenshots utility, vibrating virtual keypad on touch screens when used, keeping ur phone screen ON for as long as u want, battery percentage in every menu, the list goes on and on

Keep bebuzz, its a cool app especially if u paid for it, however, why not get all the other OS enhancements and features available in my app as well
    02-18-12 08:20 AM
    i got this app for a long time now, its freaking awesome. i even left a 5-star rating at that.

good to know there are still free apps that are so good and so functional.

this guy over here who made this, i salute you.

PS: ive been a member of this forum for 2 years, but after i reformatted my PC i forgot what email i used and password i made for that.
    02-18-12 08:48 AM
    Thanks

I still think people r little confused about my app, since blackberry developers create limited apps, therefore bb users r used to such limitations.

Whatever was discussed here is less than half the options in my app, some people download my app for its phone call features, screenshots utility, vibrating virtual keypad on touch screens when used, keeping ur phone screen ON for as long as u want, battery percentage in every menu, the list goes on and on

Keep bebuzz, its a cool app especially if u paid for it, however, why not get all the other OS enhancements and features available in my app as well
    I guess I can try and run them side by side and hopefully they won't conflict.
    02-18-12 10:06 PM
    Best all in one out there
    02-18-12 11:29 PM
    always used bebuzz, but this is indeed a good free alternative for my other bb phones.
    02-18-12 11:50 PM
    I'll admit...I had this app before, an earlier version, and I didn't like it a whole lot. Whether it was glitches, or user error, but I found it overwhelming, and I wasn't really in the mood to figure it out at the time, never ended up using it and deleted it.

BUT NOW!!!

After searching for a good pop up app...one that actually worked with BBM...I came across this thread and read everything...With the number of happy users out there I decided to give it a shot again. The new version is great, so much better then I remember the old one being. And like some have said...I cant believe how "small" of a program it is!!! (Especially after downloading that new Brain Cube game at about 8.5Mb)

So far I'm loving AOL, it's going to take a few hrs to go through everything and customize it to the way I like it. Sultan you are right...there are no limitations to your app...and its hard to decide where to start! There's just soooo many things you can change and do with this app!!!

I'm still learning how to customize the pop-ups to the way I like them, but so far....even the default is 100 times better then the pop-ups from the Leave It On app...which I have already deemed useless and deleted from my phone!

Thanks Sultan! And thank you providing great support to other users...their questions have answered mine, and I also download this app with confidence knowing that I can get decent support if I need it as well.
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    02-20-12 10:42 AM
    I've been using bebuzz for years and it was manageable until the dreaded ver 5 upgrade. It's still SO buggy....but I didn't want to downgrade because ver 4 just wipes your sound events occasionally (no idea what's up with that). I was searching for an alternative...paid and otherwise and came across this app. Let me say that I tend to like apps that focus on function rather than a pretty interface. Sultan's app certainly falls within this category. Love the small footprint too. However, maybe I'm just too accustomed to BeBuzz but I can't seem to figure out how to use many of the Advance OS and LED functions. It clearly has a lot of cool features but I feel it's not intuitive enough to quickly get up and running. As another poster mentioned, perhaps I lack the patience at this point to study all the settings and play around with it. I also like the toast feature in bebuzz much more than a full popup. Didn't see that option in this app. The simplicity of a small banner that says BBM message that turns the backlight on for a few seconds is all I need. I don't want the interactivity or something that takes up the whole screen or something you have to click a few buttons to clear. Simple is good in terms of notifications. I also like the way you can program the backlight to turn on for individual contacts when they email you. Again, don't need the custom colors or interactivity. I don't need a popup for all the emails in a single email account. Again, very subtle differences that I could not seem to find the correct setting to get what I need.

My short list of needs:
    * LED customization by contact and email account
    * Backlight turns on for certain contacts
    * Vibration for BBM, Yahoo Messenger and CrunchSMS
    * Audible only reminder for BBM, Yahoo Messenger and CrunchSMS. Audible reminder customizable by sound, volume and duration.
    * Toast notification by app - small & unobtrusive. Just turn the backlight on for a customizable number of seconds, show the name of the app in the toast, then automatically dismiss.
    * Calendar reminder sound notification (this is key when there are back to back meetings. 10 min audio notification says it's time to wrap up meeting and head to the next one.)

I'm sure this app does most if not all of the above...just can't quite figure it out. Nothing but best wishes to Sultan and the loyal fans of this app. I'm sure I'll come back to this app when I get fed up with Bebuzz. The support for their app is not so good.
    02-25-12 12:32 PM
    Sure, you can do all of the above, however u can filter email popups based on email accounts (BIS) but not by individual people.

My app is an OS enhancement, I remember when I first used a blackberry, it wasn't easy to set it up at first, due to it being a new OS to me, my app is like a new bb OS, it takes time to setup if u want to use all of its features
    02-25-12 08:01 PM
    One of the best apps I ever downloaded to my Blackberry!
    02-25-12 08:07 PM
    I have been reading so many good reviews here that I'm definitely going to try this app asap. I am a BeBuzz user, and although I don't really care about popups and stuff, the only feature I'm really missing is the ability to be able to incorporate the phone's profiles in the application.

More precisely, when I am on profile A, I want to be able to set the app to blink certain colors for CERTAIN applications. When I'm on profile B, other colors for other applications. For example, let's say I have a "Sleep" profile and I want the led to blink ONLY for say text messages, and NOTHING ELSE. When I switch to another profile, I want to be able to have another "group" of led assignments defined.

Is this thing possible? Can this application do it?
    02-25-12 11:59 PM
    Is this thing possible? Can this application do it?
    sorry to say that my app can not do it

i do have a night LED profile in my app, but that does not integrate with your phone's sound profiles.
    02-26-12 12:07 AM
    Sultan, thanks for the reply. Keep this in mind for a future upgrade! I will definitely give it a try whatsoever!
    02-26-12 12:22 AM
    Sultan, thanks for the reply. Keep this in mind for a future upgrade! I will definitely give it a try whatsoever!
    Many users dont know this, but developers do, that bb sound profiles API do not allow 3rd party developers to know what profile your using without creating problems to your phones memory as well as to your sound profiles themselves, its actually a ugly hack (workaround) to find out minimum info about the selected sound profile. but this doesnt seem to be the issue in OS 7.1.

im just being honest here, i dont think i will add support due to the problems mentioned above.

but thanks for asking these questions, i find it useful to share knowledge with users, so they are made aware of such problems, especially when using other apps
    Last edited by Sultan Al Sooz; 02-26-12 at 12:37 AM.
    02-26-12 12:35 AM
    Hello Sultan

I guess you are the best "app-developer" out here. And I guess you read mind ?

Well I just tried the latest release of Advance OS and LED V11.2.1 and let me say, its just become super better. Why I said you read mind ? well couple of weeks back I had this thought that why aint Blackberry phones have more customizable keys ? Like an app open if you press the space bar, or something happens if you press and keep the shift key...well, Advance OS and LED has something of that sort !!!! (Well I am trying to configure it and use it....would love to open a "folder" with quick keys.)

These are my favorite features on Advance OS and LED

1. Auto Save
    2. Vibrate on call connect
    3. Flashlight from menu
    4. Screen shot from menu
    5. iLaunch (still figuring it out on how to configure this my way)
    6. Different blink time option for LEDS

Thanks a lot for the new update.

Ebin
    03-27-12 01:06 AM
    The new ilaunch feature is extremely powerful, you need to spend at least 5 hours to understand how powerful it can get. i still have people exploring the possibilities even after 1 week of testing my beta
    03-27-12 01:12 AM
311 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD