I haven't tried this app as I've been a BeBuzz user for years, and it handles LED notifications just fine for me, however I have read numerous glowing reviews on this app, and I will recommend it to my friends as a full featured free option for custom LED notifications. Sounds like you've created a winner Sultan!
    Thank you

I understand why everyone compares my app to Bebuzz, and lately to BePopup and LeaveItOn, however that's still only half what my app can do, you might want to check the phone calls, battery and screen backlight features as well

Also try to compare app size, memory and cpu utilization, its always a good idea to do so

My app is free for many good reasons, maybe you have already noticed few of them, and i think its time to change people's understanding of the term Freeware for the blackberry platform

Let me know if you want any feature added i my app, and thanks again for your nice words
    01-30-12 08:39 AM
    Hey Sultan, this is a very useful app! However, I am still having problems figuring out how to start LED capture. For instance, I click the "start LED capture" which brings up a box with directions. I am not sure what the directions mean. Can you try and clarify the directions here? I am trying to get a custom LED for my crunchSMS.
    02-09-12 07:54 PM
    This app is marvelous!

It has a bundle of features all togheter with a little amout of drive usage! When line are busy I just set it to 5 attempts and bang! I get on the line
    02-09-12 08:06 PM
    So with this app I can get a preview of my Email, SMS and BBM messages before I open them? (I mean like Email ++ app, but this will work for all the other apps?)

I know about the custom LED settings, how about the preview?
    02-09-12 08:21 PM
    So with this app I can get a preview of my Email, SMS and BBM messages before I open them? (I mean like Email ++ app, but this will work for all the other apps?)

It allows popups for sms, email, twitter,whatsapp, BBM, gtalk, winLive, yahoo, FB, as well as the ability for up to 4 custom apps. Check it out its much more than just a LED or popup app.
    02-09-12 08:33 PM
    Looks like your tiny app is a hit Sultan. The word is slowly spreading about one of the smallest and most useful apps I have ever had. I cannot express my gratitude enough. It is also a joy to see someone develop an app that maximizes one of Blackberry's exclusive features, (the led light). You Rock my friend!
    02-09-12 09:56 PM

yes it does preview the text and contact's picture if all what you mentioned
    mssca likes this.
    02-09-12 10:51 PM
    yes it does preview the text and contact's picture if all what you mentioned
    Thanks.... I am downloading this app for sure.
    02-09-12 10:56 PM
    Hey Sultan, this is a very useful app! However, I am still having problems figuring out how to start LED capture. For instance, I click the "start LED capture" which brings up a box with directions. I am not sure what the directions mean. Can you try and clarify the directions here? I am trying to get a custom LED for my crunchSMS.
    crunchsms is a tricky one, since it doesnt have its own sound profile settings, it uses the built-in sms sometimes and other times it doesnt. just try setting the normal sms and it should work if you receive an sms which is not using the crunchsms free messaging service.

i personally used it on my phone, and always got a custom led when i customized the normal sms in my app. try it
    02-09-12 10:56 PM
    downloading the app but a little confused by all the options. is their a tutorial that will tell me what each of these settings do?
    02-10-12 01:42 AM
    downloading the app but a little confused by all the options. is their a tutorial that will tell me what each of these settings do?
    I'm working on it, It will be available in app's facebook fan page and my website. Hit the like button in facebook fan page to stay posted
    02-10-12 01:49 AM
    Definitely will look into this app.
    02-10-12 02:55 AM
    Why dont you use the "User Activity" option in the LED settings instead of "Open related App" or even "Close Popups" if you enabled them

The reason is some apps dont implemented the right code, since LED apps supports almost all apps, even ones with led problems, we provide different ways to control the LEDs

Enjoy and please use the support email provided in this app for clarifications
    I had the app before, and have it again. The only problem i seem to have is how do you get lights to keep blinking. For example if i have 1 txt and 1 bbm if i read the txt the light stops blinking even tho i still have a unread bbm. P.S. i have different colour for each
    02-10-12 11:43 AM
    I had the app before, and have it again. The only problem i seem to have is how do you get lights to keep blinking. For example if i have 1 txt and 1 bbm if i read the txt the light stops blinking even tho i still have a unread bbm. P.S. i have different colour for each
    Go into the LED Light & BBM category...
    click on LED light feature
    inside it there is an Enable Timed LED
    Change it to Unlimited (you have to scroll all the way to the bottom of the list)
    02-10-12 12:03 PM
    case 1 (No popups, only LED), you receive a bbm and an email, you look at your phone and its shows two LEDs (BBM then Email), you open your phone screen, it shows two icons in your notification area (BBM and Email), once you open any app, you would want to read the message and of course stop the led from disturbing your reading, correct me if im wrong?

case 2 (Popups and LED enabled), you receive a bbm and an email, you look at your phone and its shows two LEDs (BBM then Email), you open your phone screen, it shows two popups, you read the bbm popup, then email popup, led light still stays on (however you can also stop led light when you close a popup ), this should keep the led light on for you is that what you want ?

case 3 (Popups and LED enabled + stop led light with user activity), same as above, however once you scroll the bbm or email popup the led light will stop even before you close the popup, this helps you read the message without getting disturbed by the led light

the main point here is that the led light will annoy you while reading, and you can still know what you have pending when you go back to your home screen (since you are already holding your phone or using my popups, correct me if im wrong ?
    Last edited by Sultan Al Sooz; 02-10-12 at 12:07 PM.
    02-10-12 12:04 PM
    case 1 (No popups, only LED), you receive a bbm and an email, you look at your phone and its shows two LEDs (BBM then Email), you open your phone screen, it shows two icons in your notification area (BBM and Email), once you open any app, you would want to read the message and of course stop the led from disturbing your reading, correct me if im wrong?

case 2 (Popups and LED enabled), you receive a bbm and an email, you look at your phone and its shows two LEDs (BBM then Email), you open your phone screen, it shows two popups, you read the bbm popup, then email popup, led light still stays on (however you can also stop led light when you close a popup ), this should keep the led light on for you is that what you want ?

case 3 (Popups and LED enabled + stop led light with user activity), same as above, however once you scroll the bbm or email popup the led light will stop even before you close the popup, this helps you read the message without getting disturbed by the led light

the main point here is that the led light will annoy you while reading, and you can still know what you have pending when you go back to your home screen (since you are already holding your phone or using my popups, correct me if im wrong ?
    I have it set with only led no pop ups. I do see your side of it and it does make sense. However i want that second blink still for that unread msg till i read it. So case one i want the email to still blink when im reading the bbm. Not sure if its possible. It doesnt annoy me. Sometimes i can only read the one and want the other to still blink for latter.
    02-10-12 12:18 PM
    Go into the LED Light & BBM category...
    click on LED light feature
    inside it there is an Enable Timed LED
    Change it to Unlimited (you have to scroll all the way to the bottom of the list)
    Thank i tried it but i still didnt work.
    02-10-12 12:20 PM
    @Sultan Al Sooz
    Easily #1 utility app for Customization! I cant believe this app is free IMO i would gladly have paid more than the minimum app cost of $0.99. The fact that you are on this forum involved with your customers show you are open to suggestions and opinions which will benefit us and your reputation as a dev keep it up. The only thing id really suggest which might be a reason as to why you dont have more bb users with your app is because of the UI in the 'Advanced OS & LED' for most knowledgeable bb users this might not be such and inhibition but for those new to the bb or less knowledgeable a simplification in UI to make it more user friendly and less "complex". Throw in the "eye candy" factor in the UI it would go a long way for both bb geniuses and newbies. In the end...hats off to you sir you built quite an app!

I most certainly hope that you are going to build a playbook version of this because when OS2 officially launches we will finally have use of that LED and i can see your app for playbook being huge with its existing quality and a UI overhaul!
    Just to be clear I WANT THIS APP FOR PLAYBOOK!!!!!!!!!!!
    02-10-12 12:22 PM
    I have it set with only led no pop ups. I do see your side of it and it does make sense. However i want that second blink still for that unread msg till i read it. So case one i want the email to still blink when im reading the bbm. Not sure if its possible. It doesnt annoy me. Sometimes i can only read the one and want the other to still blink for latter.
    i see

unfortunately i was more concerned with the battery power consumption and users feedback (about LED and reading) that i made no room for keeping the led light ON once you open any of the apps with pending messages. usually i get more requests to stop the led light as soon as possible, but you are requesting the opposite

i do apologies, but my app cannot clear only 1 led out of two or more leds, it will always clear all the leds once you open the respective app for your pending messages (even if you do use my popup feature, it will clear all leds).
    02-10-12 12:29 PM
    i see

unfortunately i was more concerned with the battery power consumption and users feedback (about LED and reading) that i made no room for keeping the led light ON once you open any of the apps with pending messages. usually i get more requests to stop the led light as soon as possible, but you are requesting the opposite

i do apologies, but my app cannot clear only 1 led out of two or more leds, it will always clear all the leds once you open the respective app for your pending messages (even if you do use my popup feature, it will clear all leds).
    I completely understand. Battery life is important to me to so maybe its best this way. Its honestly not a huge deal. I love the app dont get me wrong. Great job on it. Is it ever possible to make it a option in the future?
    02-10-12 12:44 PM
    Just to be clear I WANT THIS APP FOR PLAYBOOK!!!!!!!!!!!
    loool, i saw another comment today requesting the same

UI is not the problem, try making 1 app with all the features i provide, yet still under 160kb, and compatible with all bb phone models, and then let me know how will it look like . Did i mention that you will never satisfy everyone's taste in this world

UI will get a small enhancement, but nothing major, i still have more features coming, and trust me no matter how good looking an app is, if it doesnt preform then no one will like it

PLAYBOOK is not java and i dont have one, so you will have to wait until BB10 comes out, by then i will make an app which will work on both devices
    02-10-12 12:45 PM
    I completely understand. Battery life is important to me to so maybe its best this way. Its honestly not a huge deal. I love the app dont get me wrong. Great job on it. Is it ever possible to make it a option in the future?
    the truth is, my app internal design does not allow me to do so, i will have to rebuild the LED feature hoping it will work the way you described it. i will have to apologies, i wont be able to add it, i hope you do understand why i cant
    02-10-12 12:55 PM
    Dear Sultan !

The tiny application you made is excellent ! i cannot possibly think of using my blackberry without using "Advanced Os and LED". The LED feature and the vibrate on call connect, with the mute option is excellent !!!!!!!!

I loved the "add to contact" feature, but unfortunately this is not working. It was not working on version 9 and I upgraded to version 10 - hoping it got fixed. But still NO.

I believe is the second best feature in Advanced Os and LED and I so badly want to know how use the feature.

The window pops up asking me if I want to save and when I save to "New", nothing happens. The contact is not there in the list.

I am not sure if anyone else is facing the same problem.

I am using Blackberry bold 9780 - 6.0.0.723

Hope I get an answer to this.

Thanks again for making such a great app !!!!!
    02-17-12 07:08 AM
    The window pops up asking me if I want to save and when I save to "New", nothing happens. The contact is not there in the list.
    It could be that your phone OS version is not allowing my app to show the contact list.

try this, after you click on the "New" button, goto homescreen and open my app, you should see the contact list or a message box providing you with more instructions. if you do see this, let me know and i will fix it for your phone OS.

if the above solution was not the case, then it could be a permission issue.

either way, let me know what happens
    02-17-12 07:30 AM
    Dear Sultan

Thanks for the quick reply.

I just read in the instructions that, the numbers will only be copied and we have to manually paste it ! I was under the impression that the number will be automatically pasted as default WORK number. Well your application is so good, there is no reason I should not expect such wonders !!! Anyway I am sorry I overlooked your instructions and raised an unwanted concern ! Now I know how this works !!!!

Well , this is the best application !!!!!!!!!!

Thanks a lot Sultan !!!!!!!
    02-17-12 10:38 AM
311 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD