Just dowloaded off App World. Liking it sofar, have set several options. Seems like a very straight forward app with many functions. Just wanted to see what the masses at CB thought? Be sure to reboot or press menu/update before trying it out. Oh and it was rated 4 1/2 out of 5 stars.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by albee 1; 01-30-12 at 08:06 AM.
    01-19-12 10:13 PM
    It is a marvelous app and blows BeBuzz away as far as functionality is concerned.

It is free too.

01-20-12 01:46 AM
    I downloaded it for my bro and he seems to like it because he can just look at his phone and know what he has (which email account, text,bbm etc..) the only thing he says was that the flashing doesn't go away when he checks something.

I don't use it because I bought bebuzz awhile ago and since I got it less then a year ago I was eligible for 5.0 for free from the crackberry app store... I also have the problem with flashing not disappearing when I check it, so it could be a problem with these types of apps
    01-20-12 01:53 AM
    With Advanced OS LED there is a setting under LED light to Stop LED. Mine is set to "Open related app".

If it persists I would suggest he turn off all LED notifications under the native profiles screen. I have done this and I don't have any problems.

01-20-12 02:24 AM
    Why dont you use the "User Activity" option in the LED settings instead of "Open related App" or even "Close Popups" if you enabled them

The reason is some apps dont implemented the right code, since LED apps supports almost all apps, even ones with led problems, we provide different ways to control the LEDs

Enjoy and please use the support email provided in this app for clarifications
    01-20-12 02:58 AM
    the app is great, i'd immediately switch from Bebuzz to this one, but i really like the BBM pop up feature that Bebuzz has. It pops up the actual BBM message when someone messages, as opposed to just notifying you that there is a message but not knowing what the content is.
    But definitely AOL is an excellent app
    01-20-12 04:19 AM
    Why dont you use the "User Activity" option in the LED settings instead of "Open related App" or even "Close Popups" if you enabled them

The reason is some apps dont implemented the right code, since LED apps supports almost all apps, even ones with led problems, we provide different ways to control the LEDs

Enjoy and please use the support email provided in this app for clarifications
    Sultan, Thank you for a wonderful app. Its good to see a developer interested in what we think, that is also a member of CB! Once again, great job.

01-20-12 07:44 AM
    Well, I had to download it because Blink has charging related problems in OS7.
    I'm liking it so far but there are some downsides.

The backup/restore options just works with a memory card and when I bought my 9900 I didn't get one so I'm not able to backup now. Blink also backed up the settings automatically somehow.
    Also there is no disco color like on Blink. You can only assign up to 4 colors.

However since it's free, I'm really happy!
    01-20-12 07:55 AM
    I downloaded it for my bro and he seems to like it because he can just look at his phone and know what he has (which email account, text,bbm etc..) the only thing he says was that the flashing doesn't go away when he checks something.

I don't use it because I bought bebuzz awhile ago and since I got it less then a year ago I was eligible for 5.0 for free from the crackberry app store... I also have the problem with flashing not disappearing when I check it, so it could be a problem with these types of apps
    Its (usually) a conflict between the leds. If its the red light blinking, its because the system is trying to notify you at the same time. Turn off the conflicting apps led in 'sounds'(profiles). A few have to be off, so its possible you enabled options without reading the little help at the bottom of each screen. For example when setting battery notifications you have to go and manually turn off the led in the native profiles/sounds.

From the app help/troubleshooting:
    "RED blinking light, means your phone sound profiles are interfering with this app, goto your sound profiles and turn the LED to off for emails, SMS and Advance OS - xxx."
    01-20-12 07:57 AM
    Just got this. Like it so far, and has great functionality. I am trying to figure out the capture command for custom apps. Can someone shed some light? I think I am just missing something easy...
    Last edited by RWWackoStu; 01-20-12 at 09:30 AM. Reason: cause I spell like [b][/b][b][/b][b][/b][b][/b]
    01-20-12 09:30 AM
    Just got this. Like it so far, and has great functionality. I am trying to figure out the capture command for custom apps. Can someone shed some light? I think I am just missing something easy...
    My bad, im including the following instructions in my next update:

Step 1, when will you receive the next message ? Send a message requesting a reply.

Step 2, before you receive your message, open my app and click on capture. It will display "waiting..."

Step 3, when you receive the message, my app will display "successfully..."

That's all, now you can customize the colors, and the next time you receive a message it will work.

My app will display a small letter "c" next to the custom app # you used to capture led with.

i will also include the option to rename the custom apps in my next update.

please use the email provided in the app for help requests
    mssca likes this.
    01-20-12 10:09 AM
    This is a great thread for the apps forum!

edit: ugh! what's with all the spinning clocks?
    Last edited by pcgizmo; 01-20-12 at 10:22 AM.
    01-20-12 10:12 AM
    This is a great thread for the apps forum!
    you are right, and here is the thread http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...bebuzz-679178/
    01-20-12 10:24 AM
    you are right, and here is the thread http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...bebuzz-679178/
    Nice app, but I think I'm booting it. Everytime I open an app, or move around with an app, I'm getting the spinning clock. Maybe a future build will correct that.
    01-20-12 10:26 AM
    Nice app, but I think I'm booting it. Everytime I open an app, or move around with an app, I'm getting the spinning clock. Maybe a future build will correct that.
    I dont think any of my builds will ever correct your issue, simply cause you didnt look at the apps utilization, which is the minimum possible, therefore your problem is not my app, its the other load of apps you have, i say that cause i tested it on all phone models, and its a monster with baby footprints, if you know what i mean

P.S. apps with memory or cpu issues will never rank high, you should know this due to blackberry users behavior towards such apps

thanks again for your valuable input, im looking forward to hear good news when you decide to try my app again in the future

Sultan
    Filth.Injector likes this.
    01-20-12 10:38 AM
    I dont think any of my builds will ever correct your issue, simply cause you didnt look at the apps utilization, which is the minimum possible, therefore your problem is not my app, its the other load of apps you have, i say that cause i tested it on all phone models, and its a monster with baby footprints, if you know what i mean

P.S. apps with memory or cpu issues will never rank high, you should know this due to blackberry users behavior towards such apps

thanks again for your valuable input, im looking forward to hear good news when you decide to try my app again in the future

Sultan
    Well, I don't have a "load of apps", and the issue wasn't present prior to installing your app. So I guess if I have to choose between customized LEDs and spinning clocks, it's a no-brainer.
    01-20-12 11:01 AM
    Well, I don't have a "load of apps", and the issue wasn't present prior to installing your app. So I guess if I have to choose between customized LEDs and spinning clocks, it's a no-brainer.
    I agree
    01-20-12 11:04 AM
    anyone have any screenshots of what the pop-ups look like?

I'm using BeBuzz for LED and 'Leave it on' for pop ups. (I don't use the pop-ups on BeBuzz). I like Leave it On because the pop-ups are minimal and if you tap them there are options to open app/delete/reply/etc or if you just hit the back button they go away. Cool animations too. But, I am open to switching over to this app. Looks highly customizable with great feautures all in one!

01-20-12 11:11 AM
    anyone have any screenshots of what the pop-ups look like?

I'm using BeBuzz for LED and 'Leave it on' for pop ups. (I don't use the pop-ups on BeBuzz). I like Leave it On because the pop-ups are minimal and if you tap them there are options to open app/delete/reply/etc or if you just hit the back button they go away. Cool animations too. But, I am open to switching over to this app. Looks highly customizable with great feautures all in one!

Leave it On is a very good app, and bebuzz is also a perfect app, however what app do you use for call features ?

why not use all three apps since each one can preform different tasks

P.S. the popups in my app does what leave it on does, but in a different way, like you can customize each app popup with its own background and text colors, displaying contacts images, popups manager inside the popups themselves, providing buttons & shortcut keys for reply/mark/delete/call/etc, also predefined text for sms to reply when driving and so on.

01-20-12 11:23 AM
    Leave it On is a very good app, and bebuzz is also a perfect app, however what app do you use for call features ?

why not use all three apps since each one can preform different tasks

P.S. the popups in my app does what leave it on does, but in a different way, like you can customize each app popup with its own background and text colors, displaying contacts images, popups manager inside the popups themselves, providing buttons & shortcut keys for reply/mark/delete/call/etc, also predefined text for sms to reply when driving and so on.

I don't use anything for calling, I don't really have a need for it.

I'm definitely going to check the app out though. Sounds cool.
    01-20-12 11:29 AM
    Sultan, I really like the option of "User Activity" to stop the LED. This is very helpful as I don't always want to deal with the notification right away, but don't want the LED flashing while I'm doing something else on the phone. Plus I love the ability to set the LED time much longer (or indefinitely) than the phone itself allows (15 minutes, which IMO is too short). Thank you for a great product and support!!
    01-20-12 11:37 AM
    This app is the one app I truly have to have on my Blackberry!!! It does so many things and I hve never had any problem from the app. With this app I have been able to free space up on my phone by deleteing other apps that Advance OS now does since the app has so many different features in it. I have and will continue to recommend this app to all my family and friends. Great work on the app!!!!!
    01-20-12 12:28 PM
    The only thing that's weird is that when I click the button that says Rply on the popup it goes straight to the Settings and then a few seconds later it opens to the App where the message is but shrinks the text.

Is there anyway that can be fixed to where the app opens without those issues?
    01-30-12 01:42 AM
    The only thing that's weird is that when I click the button that says Rply on the popup it goes straight to the Settings and then a few seconds later it opens to the App where the message is but shrinks the text.

Is there anyway that can be fixed to where the app opens without those issues?
    Unfortunately, this is required by the bb OS, an application running in the background cannot show the mail, sms, other apps screens unless its own application screen is visible.

Fonts changing, im still not sure why it happens on some OSs, however i have seen it before.
    01-30-12 03:07 AM
    I haven't tried this app as I've been a BeBuzz user for years, and it handles LED notifications just fine for me, however I have read numerous glowing reviews on this app, and I will recommend it to my friends as a full featured free option for custom LED notifications. Sounds like you've created a winner Sultan!
    01-30-12 08:01 AM
311 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD