I'm a big opera mini fan, but I'm pretty disappointed with the functionality of it with the 9650. Its really difficult to scroll around. I barely scroll down and next thing I know I'm at the bottom of the page. One little movement sends the cursor into a frenzy.

Is it like this on your 9650's?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-20-10 11:45 PM
    It's a known issue so far with trackpad devices and opera mini. Good work around for now is to download the bolt browser and use that instead, hear it works really well.
    05-20-10 11:50 PM
    I've tried Bolt before and really wasn't a fan, but I guess I'll give it a shot. I try to avoid the default browser at all cost lol. Although its not too bad with the wi-fi

05-20-10 11:54 PM
    I haven't heard too many bad things about bolt so far, but unfortunately it's a problem on Opera's side with how they made the app that doesn't really work with a trackpad.
    05-20-10 11:57 PM
    I don't think its a problem with the trackpad itself, but with the OS. Opera worked just fine on my 8530 until I upgraded to OS 5.0.0.601 and THAT is when it got so sensitive that navigation was impossible.

I was also a big Opera user (I still haven't made it through a session with Bolt that hasn't frozen my phone to the extent that I'd have to do a battery pull.) So I hope they get the problem fixed!
    05-21-10 12:33 AM
    If this problem isn't resolved I will hold off on getting the 9650. I use Opera Mini all the time. I have Bolt, but I'm not a fan. I dislike the zoom feature, and it's not as fast as Opera Mini in my opinion.
    Opera Mini and QuickLaunch are the main 2 apps that are keeping me with BlackBerry.

05-21-10 07:08 AM
    I'm a big opera mini fan, but I'm pretty disappointed with the functionality of it with the 9650. Its really difficult to scroll around. I barely scroll down and next thing I know I'm at the bottom of the page. One little movement sends the cursor into a frenzy.

Is it like this on your 9650's?

Is this an occasional problem, or does it happen all the time?
    On my 8330 I choose to download Opera Mini 4, rather than version 5. Does anyone know if Opera Mini 4 can work on the new Bold?

05-22-10 07:43 AM
    this has been reported many times and is not a 9650 issue...

opera does NOT work well with trackpads... see the 8530 and 9700 forums...
    05-22-10 07:47 AM
    If no fix is in the works, I'll pass on getting the 9650. If the webkit browser comes out, or if there's a fix for Opera Mini then I'll reconsider. I refuse ot use the default browser. It's the worst of any smartphone out.

05-22-10 08:17 AM
    Coming from an 8330 the native browser is sooo much faster. I used to use opera all the time but now the native works just fine. Used bolt the other day and wasn't a big fan. I adjusted as much as I could but still was uber small lettering.

05-22-10 10:06 AM
    Opera Mini was a horror on the 9650. I struggled a day with it and then installed Bolt. Bolt and the trackpad work just fine together and I'm able to do and go everywhere with Bolt that I did with Opera. Bolt just looks different and has things in different places, guess it's just a matter of getting used to it. So for now I'm content. Actually, I had Opera Mini on my Tour 9630 and noticed that after the last upgrade, Opera was not working as well as before. It would freeze up fairly often and I would have to do a battery pull reset to get Opera to work again.
    05-22-10 05:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD