I just installed opera mini on my stor
    m 2 and wow what a difference in speed! I can't believe the difference! I hope the new web browser rim is releasing is as good as opera.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.coma
    Last edited by ESN; 06-18-10 at 09:55 PM.
    06-18-10 09:49 PM
    your hope is shared by many
    06-18-10 10:42 PM
    Thats odd my opera mini has terrible bugs where the screen is half full and the bar sticks in the middle of the screen all crazy.
    06-19-10 12:00 AM
    Opera mini was that way for me too. So I uninstalled it today. Anyone have the link for ota install?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-19-10 01:52 AM
    Opera Mini is what made me like the Storm II so much when I had it. I like it enough that it is the reason that I now use Opera Mobile on my current phone and Opera's desktop browser on my computer. Opera link is VERY nice!
    06-19-10 02:20 AM
    It sure has gotten a lot better since I had it my Bolds.

Any reports of memory leaks while left in the background?

06-19-10 04:32 AM
    Thats odd my opera mini has terrible bugs where the screen is half full and the bar sticks in the middle of the screen all crazy.
    Happened with .607 I think. Just have to move back and forth between landscape and portrait viewing. It's a pain but it's worth it. I'm guessing this is a problem that Opera is going to have to work on since we didn't see it fixed with the new official OS.
    06-19-10 05:42 AM
    Happened with .607 I think. Just have to move back and forth between landscape and portrait viewing. It's a pain but it's worth it. I'm guessing this is a problem that Opera is going to have to work on since we didn't see it fixed with the new official OS.
    Yeah, .607 was culprit as I'm running a .517 based hybrid and I also tried the .713 and neither of them had that issue, so I'm pretty sure it's just with .607
    06-19-10 06:10 AM
    The Obpera-Mini Browser uses an external server to decode/render your viewed pages. It then uses the BOLT browser on your BlackBerry as a display device. This is why it is fast.

The default BlackBerry browser does all this on the phione with no external browser.

When Opera-mini server(s) are idle, you will get very good response times on loaded pages.

Can you guess what happens at peak and server overload times? What do you think security is like on sever based browsers? Good fun for banking I should imagine.

What happens when the server fails?

My personal vote for the worst possible user interface for a BlackBerry application goes to Opera-Mini.

Stick with the BlackBerry browser, imo.
    06-19-10 06:32 AM
    The Obpera-Mini Browser uses an external server to decode/render your viewed pages. It then uses the BOLT browser on your BlackBerry as a display device. This is why it is fast.

The default BlackBerry browser does all this on the phione with no external browser.

When Opera-mini server(s) are idle, you will get very good response times on loaded pages.

Can you guess what happens at peak and server overload times? What do you think security is like on sever based browsers? Good fun for banking I should imagine.

What happens when the server fails?

My personal vote for the worst possible user interface for a BlackBerry application goes to Opera-Mini.

Stick with the BlackBerry browser, imo.
    haha

The default browser couldn't be more terrible. Its laughable how bad it is.
    06-19-10 06:49 AM
    haha

I don't have a problem with it. It has always done whatever I have asked it to.

Maybe I just use different sites to you.
    06-19-10 06:51 AM
    I don't have a problem with it. It has always done whatever I have asked it to.

Maybe I just use different sites to you.
    I agree. I feel like the native browser has improved over the last few months.

06-19-10 07:20 AM
    haha

I think what Pete6 was referring to was the fact that for security purposes a server based browser is NOT secure...the BB Browser may be slower, but it is a much more secure environment.
    06-19-10 07:32 AM
    Go visit pocketnow or engadget non mobile on the bb browser. Try to pan around. End of story.
    The native brower is fine on mobile sites but thats about its limit.
    06-19-10 08:45 AM
    Go to m.opera com/next

That should get ya all set up

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    06-19-10 09:01 AM
    I use Bolt for everything now. I had opera mini and didn't like it. Bolt takes some time to get used to, but once you get the feel for it, it is the better browser, it loads full web pages instead of the mobile ones which is its best feature imo.
    06-19-10 09:06 AM
    I just installed opera mini on my stor
    m 2 and wow what a difference in speed! I can't believe the difference! I hope the new web browser rim is releasing is as good as opera.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.coma
    i tried it out a couple of weeks ago but deleted it trying to track down the battery drain... not sure if it was mini or not
    06-19-10 09:07 AM
    While I liked Opera, I found it just too difficult to navigate, it is fast though.
    06-19-10 09:36 AM
    Opera mini is just as fast as the htc incredible I had. It is much faster than the bolt browser also.

06-19-10 09:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD