Loaded the free Opera-mini on my storm and found it dissapointing compared to the native browser in my Storm.
    I've used Opera for several years on my Ipaq 210 with great joy....am I missing something on the Storm version? Entering letters has a major lag time resulting in errors and I'm one of the ones who thinks the Storm keyboard/text entry when texting is fine....thoughts anyone?
    07-28-09 08:05 PM
    its not made for the storm, so its not good as it could/will be. I still use OEM browser most of the time. the 5.0 browser with tabs is quite nice.
    07-28-09 08:10 PM
    Thanks Howarmat....now how would a complete noob (well almost complete) get the 5. browser....if it is OTA then I'm good...its the desktop thing that is dragging me down.
    07-28-09 08:14 PM
    how do i get the OEM browser?

Loaded the free Opera-mini on my storm and found it dissapointing compared to the native browser in my Storm.
    I've used Opera for several years on my Ipaq 210 with great joy....am I missing something on the Storm version? Entering letters has a major lag time resulting in errors and I'm one of the ones who thinks the Storm keyboard/text entry when texting is fine....thoughts anyone?
    07-28-09 08:20 PM
    I was asking what is the easy way for a newbie to upgrade the native browser to 5.0
    hmmm is it possible I've got 5.0 already?
    I could learn a lot just in this process!
    07-28-09 08:23 PM
    I tried it and it was nice, speed was great. But it just didn't feel right on my storm. It has a nicer feel on a trackball berry, helps alot on att edge...
    07-28-09 08:25 PM
    The 5.0 browser is included with the 5.0 OS, although some 4.7 hybrids may also have packaged it in. Upgrade the OS to one of those to get the 5.0 browser. Unofficial, or non-carrier branded, upgrades can only be done via PC.
    Last edited by wentouch; 07-28-09 at 08:30 PM.
    07-28-09 08:26 PM
    I was asking what is the easy way for a newbie to upgrade the native browser to 5.0
    hmmm is it possible I've got 5.0 already?
    I could learn a lot just in this process!
    The easiest is to upgrade the whole OS to 5.0 to get it. This will also give you some other cool features. Currently it's still kind of 'buggy', but if you can live with the little quirks, its nice and fast... If you need stability, then run a .151 hybrid with 5.0 files, however you wont get the tabbed browsing unless running the 5.0
    07-28-09 08:32 PM
    opera takes time to get use to it, but i love it better than the standard one. its faster
    07-28-09 08:39 PM
    I'll play around with Opera on the Storm and give it a chance....and begin the study on the nuts and bolts of upgrading the OS.
    07-28-09 08:49 PM
    This is the type of post CB has been missing since all those N00BS have been joining and clouding up the forum. Honestly great post, keep it up!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-28-09 08:56 PM
    Oh! I forgot to mention that I prefer opera because I love the touch interface

07-28-09 08:57 PM
    I use the Opera Browwer most of the time. Its much faster than the OEM browser, and I like the way text works as well.

Terry
    07-28-09 09:02 PM
    are intimidating for us noobs but I sincerely appreciate the help you guys/gals offer. In my area there is no one to ask for help and sometimes it gets frustrating as I sure you remember from your noob days.
    I was perfectly satisfied with my voyager but my 80 year old mom wanted a cell phone--the deal was I'd put her on my plan, she gets the voyager and I upgrad to a BB....why? just because even at my age I like learning new platforms and devices and I simply didn't want to follow the crowd with an iphone. with the exception of the BB not being able to read my .psw files from my Ipaq I'm very satisfied with the phone. Now I know of the Amber software even that is a moot issue. So really, thanks again for putting us with the newbies
    07-28-09 09:27 PM
    The oem browser feels so sluggish to me.
    I stick to Opera Mini. I have no problem inputing numbers. I never heard of this issue. Again if u use Opera on the storm remember these tips:

Be sure to uncheck auto-complete input address
    Be sure to download a signed version
    And it uses the touch not click while browsing..so tap not click...only uses click when typing with keyboard

Happy browsing!

07-28-09 09:39 PM
    Opera mini takes dome time getting used to. If it were made for storm I'm sure it would be even better. The native browser is good for stabilization but is very slow. It is a matter of what's more important to you...speed or stabilization. For me its speed so I deal with opera mini. I can't wait for skyfire......
    07-28-09 09:39 PM
    Love it ! Much faster and does forums better. They both have there good and bads.

07-28-09 10:00 PM
    Scrolling on the oem browser is a pain!

I even stopped pages from loading images and its still sluggish.

07-28-09 10:22 PM
    For people having problems inputting text and numbers in Opera, have you disabled "Auto-complete address input"?

Also, if you want to prevent it from thinking things are phone numbers, enter "config:" as an address and there's an option to disable it.
    07-28-09 10:34 PM
    I use the Opera Browwer most of the time. Its much faster than the OEM browser, and I like the way text works as well.

Terry
    I found this browser to be really fast, even without a good signal.
    07-28-09 11:14 PM
    The opera browser is super fast but is there to make it your default browser so it will automatically open when clicking links in other apps
    07-29-09 09:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD