75 31.38%
  • Bolt

34 14.23%
  • Blackberry Browser

130 54.39%
04-03-10 10:13 AM
60 123
tools
    You're not missing anything - I found it terribly difficult to use on the Storm! The method of text entry and lack of zoom are just not Storm Friendly.

I must be missing something. I've found Opera to be almost completely unusable on this phone.
    02-14-09 07:28 PM
    I can't use the bolt browser... Its too annoying to try and select anything

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-14-09 07:37 PM
    I found Opera almost entirely unusable too and didn't like Bolt so I've been using BBB.
    02-14-09 09:00 PM
    Blackberry browser for me until opera comes out with a fully functional version for the storm
    02-14-09 09:02 PM
    BBB most of the time, Opera Mini but not as often. I have bolt, and i dont think is as fast as Opera Mini, Opera is def the fastest one in my phone.
    02-14-09 09:04 PM
    I usually use the BB browser but I like Bolt alot.
    02-14-09 11:42 PM
    I don't think opera integrates well with the storm
    02-14-09 11:50 PM
    The BB Browser is actually quite quick in the new leaked OSs. It's really not that bad. BOLT is quick only because their proxy server pre-renders the pages you request. I have not tried Opera mini yet, and I'm kind of reluctant because it doesn't utilize the screen click like BOLT, which makes clicking links difficult. If/when a Storm version of Opera comes out, I will be sure to try it.
    02-15-09 12:00 AM
    Yeah, I'm going to say the BB Browser. For basically everything mightybrick said, haha. I haven't used any OS aside from .75, but the BB Browser is not too bad on speed.
    02-15-09 12:06 AM
    I don't understand people saying opera doesn't integrate well, maybe not with trying to play youtube or download something where it just launches the bb broswer. I love opera it's sooo fast and easy to use. I use .76 and the BB browser is horrible it's so slow, opera is just about as fast as bolt I find, it's def my favourite. Like I've said in other posts, I actually surf the web on my phone while watching tv or whatnot with opera, which I never did before on bolt or bb browser, so to me that's a winner right there..
    02-17-09 09:37 AM
    I tend to use Bolt the most, seams fastest by far ...
    02-17-09 09:50 AM
    Have all three.

Only just started trying Bolt - like how it loads up the web page decently, as opposed to the 'aw to **** with finishing with it' of the other two, but the font, compared to the others, is a bit 'courier'. Not finding it particularly fast next to Opera, and scrolling, at the moment, is a bit laggy at times. Downloading images is simpler than with Opera, it's just like using BB in some ways. Only quicker and more pleasing to the eye.

Opera works, but can be a pain when it comes to processing. The awkwardness of the touch interface can be circumvented by increasing the text size, but there is no happy middle ground.

BB is okay - the only thing I really hate about it is that damn requesting bar. Certainly better than the Symbian browser I used to use, at least once the pages are loaded. The Opera inspired front page is a bit tacky by comparison.
    02-17-09 10:01 AM
    Opra Mini and Bolt are nice browsers. I think the Bolt was better in my opinion. But its wierd having the small screen on the phone, try to navigate through a full page on a large website. I deleted both and am sticking with the BB browser. Seems less complicated
    02-17-09 10:12 AM
    My issue with Opera is the font is too big, if it could be made smaller to be closer to Bolt I think it would be better since you can see more. I like how Bolt shows the whole website but actually in a legible form versus Opera showing lines for text until you zoom in.
    02-17-09 10:40 AM
    bolt is by far the best browser.
    I have tested both opera and bolt, and bolt wins by a long shot.

02-17-09 11:51 AM
    Opera Mini crushes the BBB on my Curve. Only use the BBB for app downloads. Opera for surfing the web. Never tried Bolt.

How does Bolt work on Curve 8330?
    02-17-09 12:23 PM
    Dunno, its speedy on the Storm. Selection leaves lots to be desired though as they havent integrated the click function yet. Never realized how cool the click is for accurate web surfing until I tried Bolt.
    02-17-09 12:27 PM
    I downloaded the latest version of BOLT over the weekend and I really like it. It's very fast!

I still don't like the goofy method by which one has to enter text! Neither do I like the fact that a screen 'tap' is read as a screen 'press' or 'click'.

But I'll say again - it is bloody fast, so I recind the comments I made in this thread the other day
    02-17-09 12:29 PM
    I have used mini in the past, but always come back to the standard BB browser.
    02-17-09 12:31 PM
    Currently use BB, but was frustrated by Opera. Seems to have a high learning curve.
    02-24-09 11:53 AM
    How well do Bolt and Opera handle forum pages like vBulletin? Do all the scripts work?
    02-24-09 12:00 PM
    I've used all three, and prefer bb browser. I don't like that I don't have to click to follow a link. i like to clicky
    02-24-09 01:23 PM
    I used to use Opera browser a lot but I set up a lot of favorites in the BBBrowser and it actually works really well. It renders pages like engadget, digg, bloglines much better than Opera.

02-24-09 02:49 PM
    opera sucks full time.once i opened it n did little surfing n what do u know it got stucked so bad that the app wasn't even closing....wtf
    bolt browser rocks,open full pages like full facebook.....but still i use native browser most of the time
    03-29-10 03:28 PM
    I've tried them all...and kept trying..I really WANTED something better to use...and I'm such a huge Opera fan on both my desktop and laptop computers..but on my Storm? Blah...don't care for either Bolt or Opera....sigh. Interesting, as I'm sitting here waiting for my phone to reboot after removing Opera, I was surfing the threads a bit and found this one. Opera is toast on my S2!
    03-29-10 03:47 PM
60 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD