• Opera Mini

75 31.38%
  • Bolt

34 14.23%
  • Blackberry Browser

130 54.39%
    holy necro batman.
    03-29-10 03:54 PM
    Loved Opera Mini 5 beta 2 when I was on 4.7 with it's socket rendering. Lightening fast. But socket doesn't work on any of the 5.0's I've tried (apparently a RIM security concern). It's HTTP rendering only and that means no quicker than the much improved BB Browser in the 5.0 builds. I'd still be on Opera because that's where I accumulated a ton of bookmarks but the flick scrolling got very poor on 5.0. A flick will get me 1/2 to a full page and that's it. BBB now can get me 3.
    03-29-10 06:45 PM
    Tried all 3. Wasn't too thrilled with Opera. I was using Bolt 2.0 and loving it untill it just STOPPED working today. It loads up but doesn't connect. Back to BBB for now I guess.
    03-29-10 07:26 PM
    I have been using Opera beta. Which was hella fast loved it. And then the went and messed it all up know I am can't even log on the forums here at CB DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY. But istill use it only use bbb for downloading apos and to post on CB

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-30-10 08:43 AM
    Socket now works on Opera Mini 5. Its pretty awesome on the Storm. However, I wish it scrolled a little faster, and had real zoom functions. Even with the occasional circular hyperlink problem, I have to say its the best thanks to lightning speed and smooth rendering. It uses up much less battery and memory than the native BB browser. The BB browser needs to cache pages. Opera does it with a proxy.

03-30-10 06:20 PM
    I have been using Opera beta. Which was hella fast loved it. And then the went and messed it all up know I am can't even log on the forums here at CB DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY. But istill use it only use bbb for downloading apos and to post on CB

Strange. I am using it right now. The final version has been very reliable for me.

03-30-10 06:24 PM
    I've tried all three. Opera mini is faster than bolt or bob. I love the password manager and the opera link (backs up your bookmarks), which is great if you are always upgrading to hybrids.
    I do agree there is a small learning curve with OM. Doesn't cut and paste as easily as I would like. You can easily adjust the font size and the tabbed screen works easily.
    Tried bolt 2 for last week. Was slow to load, hated the font and often the wrong links were being loaded (esp on NYTimes).

03-30-10 08:51 PM
    When OM 5 was released (not beta) I tried using it and had to delete/install like 4 times because it didn't work with my trackpad. Got tired and stayed with Bolt. When we got the BIS 3.0 update it stopped freezing at the 20% mark and I was so happy! But then, just a few days after, it started freezing again. I tried Socket and http options and nada. Today I tried OM5 again and so far its been better. Still lags a tiny bit. Facebook, Youtube both worked nicely. So right now my favs are OM5 + default. Oper is mainly for Facebook's full site and other forums. Blackberry browser for everything else, including crackberry.com!

04-03-10 09:10 AM
    Question:

Is there a way to make opera mini your default browser. For example, I use the crackberry launcher and when I load the forums from it, they open in BBB. Anyway to change that to opera?

04-03-10 09:32 AM
    I use opera a lot, but sometimes I have to turn my storm off and on to get it working. I just find the BBB so bloody slow.....

DM
    04-03-10 10:13 AM
60 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD