They restarted Skyfire, but changed it so that only their alpha testers had access and made sure no one would again leak the browser. But yeah, since, they've said little to nothing about when we can expect it to land on BB.
    04-07-10 02:56 PM
    They restarted Skyfire, but changed it so that only their alpha testers had access and made sure no one would again leak the browser. But yeah, since, they've said little to nothing about when we can expect it to land on BB.
    Apparently on OS 6, from their last tweet.
    04-07-10 04:38 PM
    OM5! Bolt doesn't work on my BB

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-07-10 04:40 PM
    AM sorry to hear about anyone having problems with Bolt, because for me its totally unbuggy and runs like a dream.

The reason that I prefer it over opera is that it really feels like a desktop browser compared to Opera, and Bolt never goes to mobile sites (m.whatever) unless you tell it to, which I really do like.

Also, I find the zoom in bolt is a lot more intelligent. In Opera, I find that if I go to a non-mobile site, I have to zoom in, then everything is too big, or stretches a long way off the side of the screen.

With Bolt, I genuinely never need to zoom, and for almost all sites, it sets everything out so that a line fits to the width of the screen, and its easily readable.

That and the Bolt plug-in that makes it open links from msn or whatever. That is a real winner for me.

But try out both. There's no reason why not to. Doesn't take long, just take each one to your most visited pages and see how you get on. Personally I keep both installed anyway, because why not
    04-07-10 07:33 PM
    I loaded Opera Mini 5 on my Storm 2 with the most recent official OS .607. It won't work at all -- after it loads (which looks fine), once you try to do anything, it goes to a half-screen, then a quarter screen, then freezes entirely. Finally deleted it.

I downloaded OM5 from the mobile website and it said it was for BlackBerry 9550 - so I'm assuming it's the right version. On its load, OM5 uses the whole screen (portrait), but as I said, once I try to do anything, it shifts to a smaller screen as though it's set for a BB with a keyboard. The bottom of the screen is white.

Does anyone have an idea of why this is happening?
    04-08-10 03:30 PM
    We should wait skyfire dear friends..
    04-08-10 03:34 PM
    AM sorry to hear about anyone having problems with Bolt, because for me its totally unbuggy and runs like a dream.

The reason that I prefer it over opera is that it really feels like a desktop browser compared to Opera, and Bolt never goes to mobile sites (m.whatever) unless you tell it to, which I really do like.

Also, I find the zoom in bolt is a lot more intelligent. In Opera, I find that if I go to a non-mobile site, I have to zoom in, then everything is too big, or stretches a long way off the side of the screen.

With Bolt, I genuinely never need to zoom, and for almost all sites, it sets everything out so that a line fits to the width of the screen, and its easily readable.

That and the Bolt plug-in that makes it open links from msn or whatever. That is a real winner for me.

But try out both. There's no reason why not to. Doesn't take long, just take each one to your most visited pages and see how you get on. Personally I keep both installed anyway, because why not
    I do have both of them installed. Unfortunately, BOLT 2.0 is so unreliable, I'm rarely inclined to try it over Opera Mini 5.0.

My problem with BOLT is not that the font is small--I have pretty good eyes, and could deal with that on my 9700. My issue is that it isn't able to perform the very functions that would compel you to use it in the first place. Need to visit a non-mobile site with drop-down menus (like a fantasy sports site)? You can render that page in BOLT, but you won't be able to use the drop downs effectively or load other items hyperlinked on that page. Plus, probably 1 out of every 4 times it doesn't even acknowledge that you tried to load the page. Gets to about 20% loaded and then just stops.

It sounds like a lot of people just hate the native browser and are substituting BOLT for the BB browser with the plug-in. I have no doubt that BOLT works just fine for a lot of the basic sites or mobile sites that the BB browser can handle. The real question is which browser is better with the more complicated sites, and I think the majority agree with me that Opera Mini 5.0 handles them better.

Really, what I would prefer for WebKit would be something that renders pages as attractively as Opera, but with the scrolling ability and controls of BOLT...and at a speed faster than either of them. Who know if that's what we're getting, but we can hope.
    04-08-10 03:41 PM
    So what is a "complicated" site? I have yet to see Opera render a page better than Bolt.
    04-08-10 05:04 PM
    I find OM too buggy and slow. It's even a pain to exit from it. I love how Bolt allows me to stream youtube videos without utilizing WAP
    04-08-10 05:14 PM
    I prefer Bolt.
    04-08-10 05:24 PM
    Prefer Bolt too. OM5 was always freezing up my BB 8520 running os 5.0. Another thing is Bolt font size can be changed via "Magnification" in Preferences from anything from Small to 3Xlarge.. so no idea why some of u complain its too small.
    05-05-10 10:44 AM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD