Which one do you guys like better? Opera mini is looking like a winner to me...
    03-23-10 11:20 PM
    I use both. In my experience Bolt renders pages better. On the other hand OM5 is consistently faster and doesn't limit the number of tabs you can open (I don't think). Bolt limits you to 3 tabs. Bolt however can stream video, OM5 can't.

Itd be nice if there was a browser that combined the best of Bolt 2 and OM5. Hope the people at Skyfire are listening
    Last edited by r3g; 03-23-10 at 11:30 PM.
    03-23-10 11:27 PM
    I noticed that as well. Plus I feel that BOLT is more user friendly, I'm not too big on Opera Mini

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-23-10 11:33 PM
    you guys that are saying your not too big on opera minni, have you given the new om5 official a spin? It's actually way more user friendly than bolt. you need to try the new om5 before you can seriously compare the two. I have tried both so i have the right to a position in this argument. OM5 is way more user friendly and more advanced than bolt. bolt hasn't taken enough strides like om5 has towards creating a truly efficient browsing experience.
    03-23-10 11:41 PM
    I use both. In my experience Bolt renders pages better. On the other hand OM5 is consistently faster and doesn't limit the number of tabs you can open (I don't think). Bolt limits you to 3 tabs. Bolt however can stream video, OM5 can't.

Itd be nice if there was a browser that combined the best of Bolt 2 and OM5. Hope the people at Skyfire are listening
    How well does Bolt stream videos? I am an avid Opera user and I frequently use Opera to go to Youtube then to let the stock browser actually stream the video... if Bolt is faster then you have peaked my curiosity...

Also, your wish will be coming soon... the new WebKit Browser should be pretty sick...
    Last edited by Riders On The Storm; 03-23-10 at 11:51 PM.
    03-23-10 11:44 PM
    you guys that are saying your not too big on opera minni, have you given the new om5 official a spin? It's actually way more user friendly than bolt. you need to try the new om5 before you can seriously compare the two. I have tried both so i have the right to a position in this argument. OM5 is way more user friendly and more advanced than bolt. bolt hasn't taken enough strides like om5 has towards creating a truly efficient browsing experience.
    I'd actually agree. OM5 is really simple and on the touchscreen devices feels like it came stock.
    03-23-10 11:46 PM
    How well does Bolt stream videos? I am an avid Opera user and I frequently use Opera to go to Youtube then to let the stock browser actually stream the video... if Bolt is faster than you have peaked my curiosity...

Also, your wish will be coming soon... the new WebKit Browser should be pretty sick...

Video quality isn't the best but its good enough. Streams smoothly on a 3g connection
    03-23-10 11:49 PM
    Wouldn't recommend bolt2 on a storm. Super buggy. Links don't work. Pages load at a snails pace. And freezes. It froze my device all 5 times I tried to reinstall and use it. Sounds like it works much better on non touch phones.

OM5, on the other hand, works great. Some little problems, but overall the best browser for storms.

03-24-10 12:50 AM
    I added OM5 to my 9700 just now and I like it but I have issues with the scroll pad in OM5. It's really slow for me and makes browsing the page a pain! I know you can use the # keys but scrolling on this thing sucks.

Am I missing something? What's all the talk about OM5? Maybe I need to play with it more...
    03-24-10 01:12 AM
    When ever i use Bolt or OM5 after a few clicks the phone reboots itself, anyone else had this problem before?

im currently on v.545
    03-24-10 03:38 AM
    Bolt 1.7 used to crash my phone when I was on .545. Try upgrading your OS.
    03-24-10 06:18 AM
    Bolt 1.7 used to crash my phone when I was on .545. Try upgrading your OS.
    Had same problem using my 8330 and it continues with B.20....

03-24-10 06:29 AM
    How do I go about upgrading the OS?

03-24-10 06:31 AM
    Wouldn't recommend bolt2 on a storm. Super buggy. Links don't work. Pages load at a snails pace. And freezes. It froze my device all 5 times I tried to reinstall and use it. Sounds like it works much better on non touch phones.

OM5, on the other hand, works great. Some little problems, but overall the best browser for storms.

You describe the experiences I have just spent about 18hrs trying to figure out with my 8330

03-24-10 06:37 AM
    Bolt FTW

Untill Opera make a real browser, with little to few bugs i will not download them again.

03-24-10 07:31 AM
    I have a feeling that Bolt is better on traditional BlackBerrys while Opera Mini is better on the touchscreen devices. That's being said from my own experience as well as a general observation on this forum.
    03-24-10 08:09 AM
    they both have their advantages. opera is quicker in my experience, it has zoom functionality. bolt does render a page more accurately but that means nothing if you cant see it.

03-24-10 08:24 AM
    I'd actually agree. OM5 is really simple and on the touchscreen devices feels like it came stock.
    I have an 8530 and don't really like the UI of OM5
    03-24-10 12:29 PM
    I can't decide which one I like better. Bolt 2.0 has been giving me some massive problems, and the font sucks, but I really like having an actual menu. Opera Mini 5 LOOKS better overall, but I think their lack of an actual menu makes it more difficult to use.

I think that if Bolt would work correctly then it would be my favorite right now. But instead it works alright for about a day, then just won't load pages anymore, and it constantly gives me timeout errors and freezes my phone. I've had to do 2 battery pulls in the last 24 hours alone because my phone froze up with Bolt.
    03-24-10 01:17 PM
    Everyone complains about how small the font is on bolt, well I'm using this forum from the stock bb browser and the font is roughly the same size. Now I may be younger and also have great vision but I much rather prefer bolt 2 smaller font and better page rendering over any opera mini which rarely even works or freezes my device. In my own experiences opera gave me many more problems then bolt ever has. Sure bolt won't load a page once and a while or give me a timeout error, so I close and reopen and it works fine. That seems better then opera which constantly freezes up on me or won't even work right with my trackball or keyboard after 5 minutes.

03-24-10 03:38 PM

It seems that Skyfire is in no hurry to make their browser available for BlackBerry. I subscribed to them and I always get emails about how they have updated their browser for Windows Mobile and other softwares and never heard anything ever about Blackberry in those email updates at all. I know skyfire was leaked last year for Blackberry and they shut down their servers due to breach of contract from a Blackberry beta tester, but since then I've heard nothing ever again about it.

03-24-10 11:17 PM

It seems that Skyfire is in no hurry to make their browser available for BlackBerry. I subscribed to them and I always get emails about how they have updated their browser for Windows Mobile and other softwares and never hear anything ever about availability or even the mention of Blackberry in those email updates at all. I know skyfire was leaked last year for Blackberry and they (skyfire) shut down their servers once they found out due to breach of contract from a Blackberry beta tester, but since then I've heard nothing ever again about it.

03-24-10 11:19 PM
    When ever i use Bolt or OM5 after a few clicks the phone reboots itself, anyone else had this problem before?

im currently on v.545
    It was happening to me on my 8330 runnin osv 5.0etc

04-07-10 09:09 AM
    I honestly deleted OM5 once I heard about Bolt, but noticed Bolt was even slower than the normal internet browser.

I gave OM5 another shot and just noticed little things that make it so much easier to use. I always liked the way OM was presented on a device, and now I'm diggin' it even more.
    04-07-10 02:28 PM
    I have Bolt 2.0 beta and Opera Mini 5 on my Storm and both work ok. Bolt finally fixed the touch screen problems it had in prior versions and is now much more user friendly on the Storm. Plus, it has Tabs, which is awesome when browsing the web. It also streams video from youtube, and a few other sites, but not much to make it a pc-like experience.

Opera mini 5 is very user friendly, works great. It's very user friendly, and is integrated with my Opera Unite account, so all my mobile bookmarks are also stored in my PC. unfortunately, it does not do well with Flash (the main reason I installed Bolt) so its a trade off. Opera's tabs work differently than in Bolt. In Bolt, the browser actually tabs like in FF, Chrome and others on a PC. Opera gives you a scroll bar with your tabs, but you can only see one at a time.

Both are good browsers, but to get full functionality, you need to have both installed.
    04-07-10 02:54 PM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD