BB browser for everything, but Opera mini for internet banking.

I couldn't access my net banking facilities from the BB browser but it worked fine with Opera mini.

That's about it really.
    11-26-08 11:05 PM
    Bb browser for everything except
    Downloading big attachments or going to some websites that bb browser won't let me, for those I use mini opera

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-27-08 12:48 AM
    Anyone know if opera uses bes to get data, or does it consume "consumer" data plan (eg wap/etc) which generally isn't included in stock 'bes data only' plans?

11-27-08 01:33 AM
    Bold browser is my main browser and I loved it. However, the only reason that I will use Opera is the day that I would like to open website that contain Thai fonts. Because Bold browser could not decode the fonts.

However, any solution to help me for use Bold browser with Thai website?

Thank you for every suggestion.
    11-27-08 02:41 AM
    You can configure opera so it displays better, but it's the text entry box issue I hate in opera - I prefer typing directly into the box like in the bold browser + opera capitalises text box words, which sucks for password entry (asterisked, so you can't even see that it's capitalized it). The only reason I keep opera is that some sites can't be reliably accessed with the bold browser. It's also sad when opera has to call up the bold browser to open and save pictures, etc. - why can't it handle them properly on it's own?

11-27-08 03:35 AM
    In Bold browser I'm often getting an 'XML not well formed' error message, even to pages designed for BBs, such as mobile.crackberry.com or viigo download page, while opera seems fine
    11-27-08 07:14 AM
    I prefer Opera for reading the news and such. Opera has this magical ability to render text columns to the exact width of the screen and the font size is very easy to read. In the BB browser I have a hard time even with mobile pages (including this one) having teeny-tiny text or having to scroll back and forth with the trackball to get the last and first few words of a line..

I also find that navigation with the number keys is faster and easier, but I definitely agree that text entry blows chunks, especially when logging into accounts, and many pages, like WSJ, don't detect that I am on a mobile device and they give me their regular page.

I have observed Opera to download faster and render pages that were not viewable in BB browser.

There is a use for both browsers and Opera is so small I don't know why anyone would delete it, especially since it can render pages that BB browser can't.

02-12-09 06:23 AM
    I tried Opera just because I heard it was faster and was not pleased with it at all. Simply not as good as the BB browser.
    02-12-09 10:34 AM
    does any one know if there is flash support for opera mini? i needs flash on my bb
    08-19-09 08:03 PM
    I tried Opera, wasn't a fan.
    08-19-09 08:09 PM
    I could not get Opera to work with my Firewall enabled. Bolt is unreal quick on Wifi. Destroys my iTouch w/Safari also on Wifi. My buddy with an iPhone 3G was a tad jealous.

I now use, Bolt for Wifi and BB Browser for Edge.
    08-19-09 08:58 PM
    Does anyone know of a browser that will allow flash???
    08-20-09 12:59 PM
    bolt for sure, opera mini sucks
    08-20-09 01:00 PM
    I prefer Opera for reading the news and such. Opera has this magical ability to render text columns to the exact width of the screen and the font size is very easy to read. In the BB browser I have a hard time even with mobile pages (including this one) having teeny-tiny text or having to scroll back and forth with the trackball to get the last and first few words of a line.

In the BB browser go to browser options and reset the minimum font size and the default view to column. Text will always be fitted exactly to the screen and can be made whatever size you want. If you ever have a problem with the way the page is being rendered in column view, just press Z and it toggles between that and page view.

08-20-09 01:08 PM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD