I did a search and didn't seem to find a thread discussing this, at least nothing recent (with new firmware builds, etc)

For those of you who use Opera Mini, how does it compare to the Bold's default browser in builds later than .134? What are the pros and cons you've experienced? How does Opera render more complex pages, handle javascript, etc.?
    10-06-08 12:08 AM
    Is opera mini out for the BOLD platform?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-06-08 12:32 AM
    I think the bold browser is freaking awesome...
    10-06-08 01:18 AM
    i prefer tye bold browser I dont like the way on Opera that you are taken to a separate screen as if you are typing a text every time you try to type in a box, such a log in or a password, on the bold browser you just type it into the boxes as you would on a computer.. those are my thoughts anyways x
    10-06-08 04:49 AM
    Is opera mini out for the BOLD platform?
    ya it is my friend x
    10-06-08 04:50 AM
    i personally find the bold browser much easier to use than opera mini, for example its easier to navigate with the virtual pointer,

you can easily zoom in and out of the page (- / + keys) opera only seems to zoom out with the back key which most of the time, performs a back navigation.

forms can be filled in on the page, and not a different screen.
    10-06-08 05:42 AM
    i personally find the bold browser much easier to use than opera mini, for example its easier to navigate with the virtual pointer,

you can easily zoom in and out of the page (- / + keys) opera only seems to zoom out with the back key which most of the time, performs a back navigation.

forms can be filled in on the page, and not a different screen.
    I agree I tried Opera Mini and ditched it with an hour
    10-06-08 06:09 AM
    Opera mini opens some sites that the blackberry browser cant. But Opera is really annoying scrolling thru the pages. Its slow, and you cant speed up its movement speed (or at least I cant see an option to)
    10-06-08 06:42 AM
    Same here, I tried it and don't like it I like the blackberry browser better....
    10-06-08 07:05 AM
    When I used Opera mini the pages loaded with all the writing squashed up together and on the myspace sign in page, for example, all the different boxes were all over the place, just incomprehensible.
    Just removed it and went back to using normal browser
    10-06-08 08:06 AM
    there's a place for both and i use both in equal measure i would say.
    10-06-08 08:28 AM
    Is there a way to speed up the browser scroll? I noticed that the scroll outside of browser is pretty fast but when using as a pointer in the browser, it is very slow.
    11-22-08 01:59 AM
    Have you tried using the number keys 8 (up), 2 (down), 4 (left) and 6 (right)? I find that scrolling with the trackball is definitely slow, but you can quickly page across, up or down easily with the numbers.
    11-22-08 08:27 AM
    I agree. Opera Mini is not great. I always use BB browser. Much easier to use.
    11-22-08 11:09 AM
    Definitely prefer bb browser for all the reasons above. Its much quicker with the pointer rather than having to scroll through the page in OM.

BB browser all the way

11-22-08 11:13 AM
    I personally like the opera mini browser better. Seems to load pages faster and scrolling is easier. With the blackberry browser u have to use the ball to scroll around. With opera mini u can use the 2,4,6,and 8 keys for faster scrolling. Only time i ever use the blackberry browser is for ota downloads and video streaming. besides that im always on opera
    11-22-08 03:46 PM
    I'm sorry, but Opera Mini still destroys the RIM browser. It's faster at loading pages, the mouse movement is much better, and page navigation is much quicker. That aside, the new browser on the Bold is much better than earlier versions. However, I won't stop using Opera Mini anytime in the near future!

11-22-08 07:44 PM
    Bold browser over here. I used to be a die hard Opera fan and after getting the Bold, the thought of OM has never even crossed my mind that another one exists until I see a bb browser vs. OM thread.

In fact, I'm using the BB browser now and love it.

11-22-08 07:58 PM
    There are some sites I will need to use opera for, otherwise it's BB browser 95% of the time.

11-22-08 08:01 PM
    Love the browser on the bold. No need for opera mini here.
    11-22-08 11:57 PM
    Love the browser on the bold. No need for opera mini here.
    second that, tried both actually prefer the bb browser (:
    11-23-08 04:32 AM
    Bb browser is better in my opinion. Found the opera browser just a little too fiddly for the screen

11-23-08 05:00 AM
    i find the BB browser to be easier to use. Ive been running into some bugs with the opera mini browser. has any1 heard of flash player coming out for the BOLD?>??
    11-23-08 11:36 AM
    I was able to install Opera Mini on a Bold at an AT&T store. For the most part it worked ok, but I remember there were several annoying issues. The ones I remember most were that the cursor was harder to move around quickly and I could hit the Space bar to scroll down, but I couldn't hit the "T" key or find any other shortcut key to go back up or to the top of the screen.

Keep an eye on this page. Eventually the Bold 9000 will be supported, all issues will be resolved and then the Opera Mini browser will be great on the Bold!

Opera Mini - Download
    11-26-08 09:00 PM
    I like the zoom functions, but yeah the cursor navigation alone kills it....
    11-26-08 10:09 PM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD