I just got an 8310 curve, and i was very unhappy with the blackberry browser. I downloaded opera mini. While the screen quality looks much nicer than the blackberry browser, it doesnt load picture images and is MUCH slower than the BB browser. Does anyone else have this problem?
    10-12-08 11:54 PM
    truthfully I hate the opera mini browser
    just hate it
    slow didnt load nicely
    and now the bb browser has grown on me
    10-12-08 11:55 PM
    but can you load crackberry.com on your BB browser? With opera mini i am able to, while BB i cannot...
    10-12-08 11:57 PM
    I use it for websites that don't have wap. I will not use it for CB. Wap is preferred for here, but prefer it for pinstack.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-12-08 11:58 PM
    yup never had a problem loading cb
    however most of the time I will use the wap version
    10-12-08 11:58 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/

Here is the link for wap.

10-13-08 12:01 AM
    so im guessing a website that doesnt load up correctly on the BB browser doesnt have wap? and that is where i should use opera mini?
    10-13-08 12:05 AM
    no you can access websites that dont have wap on the bb browser
    just have java enabled
    wap sites are mobile friendly sites designed for phones
    they are condensed versions of the original site
    10-13-08 12:06 AM
    Proda that is the way I use my 2 browsers.

10-13-08 12:07 AM
    I rarely ever use the BB Browser. Opera is the way to go. Not saying the BB browser was bad, but I love scrolling and maneuvering with OM over the BB browser.

Duvi
    10-13-08 12:14 AM
    i appreciate the help very much.
    10-13-08 12:24 AM
    I use the BlackBerry browser occassionally but for the most part I use Opera Mini. I like it because it actually looks like the regular version of the webpage and it's fast IMO. Someone said earlier they can't view images with Opera Mini? Mine shows images perfectly fine, and pictures on sites like Myspace show up really well; you can even maximize the picture on the page and it shows up really large.. I've also downloaded pictures off of my friends myspace and facebook to use for their caller IDs...Opera Mini is great for me.
    10-13-08 10:03 AM
    what is a best mobile web sight for BB?

10-13-08 01:38 PM
    what is a best mobile web sight for BB?

"Best" mobile site? In what regards? Sports? Weather? Entertainment?
    10-13-08 01:42 PM
    The only browser I use is opera mini. Just my preferance.
    10-13-08 01:44 PM
    Never had a problem with opera mini, love it.
    Only time I use the BB browser is when I open a link from an application and it automatically opens in that one.
    As far as your images not loading in opera, I know there's an option in settings that asks if you WANT images to load or not. I'd make sure that's checked.

10-13-08 01:56 PM
    I just got an 8310 curve, and i was very unhappy with the blackberry browser. I downloaded opera mini. While the screen quality looks much nicer than the blackberry browser, it doesnt load picture images and is MUCH slower than the BB browser. Does anyone else have this problem?
    Make sure you have the image display enabled in Opera Mini's settings. Also, look on the Opera Mini forums for the Global Test Version. It's a version that uses some US-based servers and is usually faster than using all European servers. I like the BB's browser, but I find it's unbearably slow for many sites, so I use Opera Mini all the time.
    10-13-08 05:18 PM
    The thing I like best about Opera Mini is that it synchronizes favourites with your PC browser if you have Opera 9 installed on your computer. When I heard about this I installed Opera 9 and it automatically imported all my Firefox favourites without my even asking! Even though I don't use Opera on my PC, I now have all my firefox favourites on my Blackberry. Awesome.
    10-13-08 05:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD