I have installed the opera mini program on my new bb curve. It installed fine and when it boots up it goes into the install screen then says after several minutes that it is unable to connect to the internet.

I have read some messages and I contacted my service provider which is suncom and they provided me my APN. which they advised is blackberry.net

I tried changing this setting and the same thing happened.

Any suggestions?
    03-26-08 10:08 PM
    Your apn should be something like wap. .com whatever theirs is also ask about the user name and password

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-26-08 10:24 PM
    sounds like part of apn is missing. tmobiles is wap.voicestream.com and looks like first part of apn is missing. when suncom goes to tmobile later this year try this apn
    try turning the phones firewall off.
    03-26-08 10:47 PM
    I found some SunCom connection settings once for a user of mine which apparently worked.

Go to Options-TCP or Tools-TCP or Options-Advanced-TCP (whichever is applicable for you) and enter the following details:

APN: internet
    Username & Password should be blank

Don't forget to save when you exit out of this screen!"
    03-28-08 04:26 PM
    but the problem is I got an outrageous bill.The problem is that you are using a incorrect APN with a blackberry plan, of you have a bb plan you should use blackberry.net as a APN, if you use INTERNET as APN the billing system wiill charge you for data usage.yes that sucks b/c i had to just stop using it into sorry suncom change to tmo
    03-28-08 04:29 PM
    You need a data plan in order for it to work. If you do have a data plan, try a battery pull.
    03-28-08 04:31 PM
    not so i have a date plan
    03-28-08 04:55 PM
    I found the answer! Here's what you do:

With my Bold 9000, Download the 4.2 version FIRST, install it, THEN install the 5.1. It'll work!
    08-15-10 09:53 PM
    I've tried several times to use Opera Mini w/no success, I finally gave up & went w/ BOLT as my back up browser .

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-16-10 11:36 PM
    Here's the scoop. I just moved to Germany with my Verizon Wireless Blackberry Storm. When I got here, I ordered a pre-paid SIM card with data plan from Simyo. Since unlocking my BB, I've been able to place and receive calls and SMS with no problem. Unfortunately, my BB internet browser icon is nowhere to be found, and when I try to access it in the application switcher, it says "your device does not currently have and Browser Configuration Service Book Entries." So, knowing that I don't have any Verizon or BB support here, I followed the instructions on this thread (including changing APN to "internet" and downloading Opera 4.2) but of course, after I download opera from my PC and try to install it, Opera says "Failed to connect to Internet." Help!
    10-07-10 05:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD