On the Opera Browser website it does not list the Storm as a compatible device for use with Opera mini. Can I still use Opera with my Storm or will there be issues? I know Bolt works with the Storm but I didn't want to download a beta browser. Any and all comments would be appreciated, thanks in advance.
    07-31-09 08:26 AM
    Opera works its just not optimized for the storm. I use it all the time.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-31-09 09:09 AM
    Have you tried Bolt? What kind of bugs do you think exist? I've heard it works better with Storm but it's still in beta.
    07-31-09 09:13 AM
    Opera mini is faster than both bolt and the default browser. It may not be optimized for the storm but if you change a few options then all is well. I'm on opera mini as I type haha.

07-31-09 03:32 PM
    leecott: what options did you change on mini? I use it on my Storm, too, but am always looking to increase capability.
    07-31-09 03:53 PM
    Bolt > Opera Mini. Opera is a little faster but it better be because it looks uglier than Whoopi Goldberg
    07-31-09 09:16 PM
    I use the black skin for looks. For compatibility go to settings in the app then deselect auto-input: this will fix every problem you have with entering addresses. To make it render sites faster change image quality to low. Other than that that's about it.

07-31-09 10:11 PM
    Bolt > Opera Mini. Opera is a little faster but it better be because it looks uglier than Whoopi Goldberg
    I tried Bolt and it was TerribLy slow. And the UI is ridiculous looking. Just my opinion.

07-31-09 10:12 PM
    Bolt is inconsistent when it comes to speed. But it renders the page just like PC and there is no redraw once the page is loaded. It also formats text so all you have to do is scroll down page. It will also play myspace videos.
    The current version of Opera is way better than previous but imo all it adds is speed and doesn't give you the internet how it is on pc. Bolt adds speed (most of the time) and extra functionality i.e. watching embedded videos in flv. format on myspace.com at least.

Bolt looks like HTML and Opera looks like WaP.

But hey to each his own.
    07-31-09 11:42 PM
    True. I never really use my phone to view nonmobile sites. But if I did then I'm sure Bolt would be the way to go.

08-01-09 12:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD