Hey all,

I'm new here and did a search about my problem but couldn't find much help. Perhaps one of you could give a hand.

I've been trying to upload opera mini on my storm 2 by going to m.opera.com from the blackberry default browser. However, every time I try to get to the website it says that there was an "HTTP Error 500: Internal Server Error".

I'm able to visit most websites, but it seems as though I can't visit any site that has an m.something.com format... ie. m.google.com/maps didn't work either from the blackberry default browswer.

Any ideas? I really want to use opera mini instead as I think it will be much faster on the storm 2 than the native browser.

Thanks so much.
    03-24-10 01:29 PM
    This is strange. Try a battery pull first, then go to the site and give it another attempt. Access the opera mini site via a google search and select download. The server will will detect that you are accessing from a blackberry (if your native browser is set that way) and you will be given the option to download opera mini for blackberry.
    03-24-10 01:51 PM
    Im not sure why your browser is having that issue, but FYI you can have the download link sent to your phone from their website accessed from your computer.

Good Luck,
    Chas
    03-24-10 02:29 PM
    Just for what its worth, I can't access the website from my phone either.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-24-10 02:31 PM
    I can't access the website either. Opera's servers must be down....
    03-24-10 02:50 PM
    Me three. Wait a while & try again.
    03-24-10 03:06 PM
    Hey guys, thanks for the quick responses.

I tried the battery pull and it didn't work.

I also tried to enter the site via a google search. This also did not work.

I am unsure of how to have them text me the site so if perhaps someone could let me know that would be great. I tried to find that option on the opera website but was unable to.

Strange that a lot of other people are unable to reach the site now though.

Also have any of you tried going to www.m.google.com/maps with the blackberry browser... I keep getting the "HTTP Error 504: Gateway Timeout" with that website as well. I was however able to download google maps from the link that the site text me so this is definitely kinda strange.

Any thoughts? Thanks again for the help.
    03-24-10 03:17 PM
    Hey guys, thanks for the quick responses.

I tried the battery pull and it didn't work.

I also tried to enter the site via a google search. This also did not work.

I am unsure of how to have them text me the site so if perhaps someone could let me know that would be great. I tried to find that option on the opera website but was unable to.

Strange that a lot of other people are unable to reach the site now though.

Also have any of you tried going to www.m.google.com/maps with the blackberry browser... I keep getting the "HTTP Error 504: Gateway Timeout" with that website as well. I was however able to download google maps from the link that the site text me so this is definitely kinda strange.

Any thoughts? Thanks again for the help.

For the google site you linked, try going to that without the www in front. Google Maps for mobile
    03-24-10 04:44 PM
    Thanks Prospekt..

So I guess that was the problem with the google maps website. As some of the others mentioned, I'm now thinking that it has to be a problem on the opera server end and not a problem with my phone.
    03-24-10 04:47 PM
    Thanks Prospekt..

So I guess that was the problem with the google maps website. As some of the others mentioned, I'm now thinking that it has to be a problem on the opera server end and not a problem with my phone.
    If you don't mind me asking, what OS are you using as I am having the same problem, but it's been since reloading a hybrid, never has happened b4 though.
    03-24-10 08:30 PM
    If you don't mind me asking, what OS are you using as I am having the same problem, but it's been since reloading a hybrid, never has happened b4 though.
    I'm on the newest official .517 or whatever it is, and I can't access the opera page. I still think it's just an opera server problem though.
    03-24-10 10:18 PM
    I have the regular os that comes on the phone.. I think its .320 or something so it would seem that the issue is spanning several os's so I doubt it's a problem with all of our phones.
    03-24-10 10:22 PM
    Yeah I had found a few other posts relating to the same thing, so pretty sure they are down

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-24-10 10:29 PM
    Something is 0^^ no access on my side, honestly I stop using opera as I hated the repeated tabs I had to do in order to get to a page, native browser is faster a lot more that is in the near future, opera Sucks!!

Haa RIM probably block opera access
    03-24-10 11:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD