I've been trying to download Opera Mini from my phone all morning. I've tried with Internet Browser set and MediaNet.

With the Internet Browser set I go to the download page it says to go to mini.opera.com, so I go there. That takes me to the same page I was at with still no download link. I also tried enter my phone number for a link to be sent via sms message. Never got a message from them.

With MediaNet set it won't even load the page. Says something about maximum attempts have failed to connect to server.

I've even tried mobile opera on both browsers and get the same result.

May just have to download it from PC and send it over.

Any help?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by SnowboarderX216; 03-09-09 at 12:14 PM.
    03-09-09 12:10 PM
    I've been trying to download Opera Mini from my phone all morning. I've tried with Internet Browser set and MediaNet.

With the Internet Browser set I go to the download page it says to go to mini.opera.com, so I go there. That takes me to the same page I was at with still no download link. I also tried enter my phone number for a link to be sent via sms message. Never got a message from them.

With MediaNet set it won't even load the page. Says something about maximum attempts have failed to connect to server.

I've even tried mobile opera on both browsers and get the same result.

May just have to download it from PC and send it over.

Any help?

I did a google search from my 8330 for the Opera Mini download and did it from there. No issues like you discribe.
    03-09-09 05:55 PM
    Try going to http://operamini.com

03-09-09 06:03 PM
    didn't work when i went to http://operamini.com sends me to the page that says to go to mini.opera.com and follow the instructions. do that and go right back to the same page.

when you did the google search did you still download it from opera or another website with the download? i tried going to operas website via google search and got the same running around in circles.
    03-09-09 08:04 PM
    I go straight to operamini.com from my blackberry browser and the download link pops up.
    03-09-09 08:07 PM
    Strange. I can go to operamini.com, click USA version no signature and get the download.

03-09-09 08:18 PM
    Just this evening I went to www.operamini.com from my BB browser. Once their was a link to download. Click onto that and all went well!
    03-09-09 08:28 PM
    Same thing is still going on this is just stranger. I've tried everything you guys have suggested I go to Operas website. Click on the green button that's say "Download Version 4.2". Once I click that I go to a page that tells me I have 3 options. Either download directly to your phone by going to mini.opera.com. Which whenever I go to that link all it does is send me to the page with the green download button again which will then send me to the 3 options page. I've tried having them send me a text but have yet to receive one. I really may just have to do the PC download and transfer but it should be that hard.

I'm running OS 4.5.81 still. Using internet browser rather than MediaNet. I've tried viewing the pages in column and page view as well. I have no idea why it will not let me download it.

03-10-09 08:19 AM
    go to the opera mini page on your computer.NOT YOUR BB.It will ask for your phone number and thats it .works everytime
    03-10-09 09:19 AM
    I'm having the exact same issue. Tried the SMS and nothing came. Tried the PC download, but not sure how to run the zip file on the BB after I save it to the BB. Help?
    03-10-09 06:53 PM
    Does anyone know if Opera mini works with Bold? I am having a difficult time installing as well. I downloaded the zip, but figure out how to get the two files to my phone.
    03-10-09 09:47 PM
    I am having the same exact problem as Rumbles and SnowboarderX216 Anybody have any suggestions?
    04-19-09 04:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD