Hi. New to CB.
    Warning S Java Exception Uncaught Exception Trace Security exception Permission Denied.
    Warning S Java Exception Uncaught Exception Trace Security exception
    javax.microedition.io.Connector.http
    MIDlet Security <private> Check permission Firewalll mpl (notice 3 l's in word firewall) Allow Connector
    Connector

Also received java popup (I have java popups turned off) from Opera stating BB had closed internet connection and would I allow connection to Server 4.operamini.com???? I denied this connection.

Anyone have a clue as to what these warnings are all about? Am I being invaded via operamini?
    05-24-08 05:51 PM
    Welcome to Crackberry.

Not sure that I know exactly what is happeneing here but I do know that I don't like it.

OperaMini is a fairly stable and well behaved App. I suggest that you uninstall it. Go to Options, Advanced Options, Applications and scroll to Opera Mini, hover over it and hit Menu, scroll to Delete and remove the App.

Wen the phone has re-booted, go to www.operamini.com and download version 4.1 directly to your phone Over The Air (OTA). Make sure that you get the Blackberry version

Hopefully this will solve the problem.

Come back here if it does not. Actually comeback here if it does as well.
    05-24-08 06:35 PM
    Don't see my replies. Am I doing something wrong?

Took your advice and uninstalled and reinstalled. So far, I don't see any of last night's strangeness. Just some IO, record store not found, class not found, etc. exceptions.

I will keep on this.

Thanks again Pete6.

Ksgirl
    05-25-08 07:00 PM
    Hi Pete6:

Well, got another permission denied on that security exception and then whatever got through - javax.microedition.io.Connector.http.

Why would operamini need a security exception is what's bothering me. And there are about 10-20 of these exceptions with javax.microedition.io.Connector.http.

Don't know what is happening here.

Thanks.

Ksgirk
    05-26-08 12:09 AM
    Your permissions for Opera seem to be all messed up...

Settings/Options/Advanced Options/Applications..

Highlight Opera Mini/Press Menu Key/Edit Permissions/Set All To Allow/Menu Key/Save..

Restart BB and try and access Opera Mini.

And to answer your question about Why opera needs the permission is well,cause your permissions seem messed up and your BB wants permission to axxs Opera Mini's servers..thats how it gets to your device, everything you view through Opera Mini goes to Opera Servers..Then say to Google..Google responds..then back to Opera...then to you..
    Last edited by Bla1ze; 05-26-08 at 12:35 AM.
    05-26-08 12:32 AM
    I reset to allow. It was set to defaul (custom). I'll reboot and check it out.
    05-26-08 03:17 AM
    Hi, Blal1ze:

Most are gone. Only 2 Java uncaught exceptions (severe errors) left are:

MIDlet main can't be accessed.
    Record store can't be accessed.

Don't know why.

Thanks

Ksgirl
    05-26-08 03:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD