I just put opera mini on my rogers bold 9700 2 days ago and WOW!! I decided to do this after seeing some of the crackberry posts and needless to say I really don't care if OS 6 comes at all. All I did was go to their website and it detected I was using a 9700 after a few clicks I was done. Is this some new version? And why is everyone not using this browser on their bb's?? I enjoy browsing as much on my 9700 as I do on my iPod after this mini upgrade. Is this normal? And if so why dosen't eveyone use opera????
    Last edited by the dirks; 06-19-10 at 11:45 AM.
    06-19-10 11:40 AM
    Because some of us do not like sever based browsers that take every website you look at and run it through a server and then use your BlackBerry as a display only device. Security is just a joke here.

Because I find that the default browser does quite a good job for me on the browsing that I do on my phone.

Because personally I find that Opera-Mini has the worst user interface of any BlackBerry product I have ever seen.

However, to each their own.
    06-19-10 11:58 AM
    Thanks for the input Pete I'll make sure not to do any internet banking etc. on opera for security reasons, but I do like the tabbed browsing etc. and I really don't mind the stock browser, opera just seems more fun.
    06-19-10 01:46 PM
    That and the scrolling is terrible
    06-19-10 02:08 PM
    I second what Pete says... Especially about the user interface!

The default browser works great for me, and for the few sites that are not mobile optimized, I use Bolt browser.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-19-10 03:15 PM
    I really dislike Opera Mini. I've deleted it from every device I've ever tried it on. It's the most overrated piece of software on the planet. I don't like their computer based browser either.
    06-19-10 03:57 PM
    Bolt browser is more lightweight and transfers less data (I checked). Most importantly it renders pages a lot more quickly than Opera (probably because it transfers less data ).

But yea don't do your web banking from a server assisted browser like Opera, Bolt, UCweb, UZard.
    06-19-10 04:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD