Hello all. For a a week I have been trying to load the Opera Mini browser onto my Bold, but I have been having problems. When I download the Generic files to my desktop.. then use the BB Desktop Manager.. then click Applications Loader.. then click the browse button.. nothing shows up from the folder containing the Opera browser. I can't figure out what the problem is. Unfortunately Opera does not make a version for the BOLD 9000, however, there seems to be an option for all the 'other' BB models.

Should I download the Generic version: Advanced MIDP2 or a completely different browser? Opera Mini - Download

I do not have a Data Plan, so I need Opera or a similar browser to use with my free Wifi connection.

What should I do?
    07-30-09 08:05 PM
    Hi mate. Forget Opera. I use the BOLT browser. Its by far the fastest browser to use (though opera is very very close). But the clincher is in the formatting. Opera doesn't always show the web pages in the correct layout, whereas BOLT gives u desktop like quality. You can download it OTA via m.crackberry.com in the free apps directory or headover to BOLTs website and download the "blackberry specific" version to your pc. Give it a go!
    07-30-09 08:50 PM
    I have opera on my bold and it works perfectly (I'm using it right now) when I download it, it scaned my phone and gave me the download for the bold. Works great. Bolt is good too, but I like opera for the fact that its eaiser for me to read crackberry and fml then on bolt.
    07-30-09 09:13 PM
    There aren't reliable desktop installation files. Go to mini.opera.com on your BB browser and download the recommended version, it should work just fine.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-30-09 09:33 PM
    go to m.opera.com from your BB
    07-30-09 09:38 PM
    Thanks everyone for the prompt help! I will give this another go and try a few days of both Bolt and Opera.

Cheers!
    07-30-09 09:56 PM
    Hello all. For a a week I have been trying to load the Opera Mini browser onto my Bold, but I have been having problems. When I download the Generic files to my desktop.. then use the BB Desktop Manager.. then click Applications Loader.. then click the browse button.. nothing shows up from the folder containing the Opera browser. I can't figure out what the problem is. Unfortunately Opera does not make a version for the BOLD 9000, however, there seems to be an option for all the 'other' BB models.

Should I download the Generic version: Advanced MIDP2 or a completely different browser? Opera Mini - Download

I do not have a Data Plan, so I need Opera or a similar browser to use with my free Wifi connection.

What should I do?
    You could just set your BB browser to "Hotspot browser" under its settings. Then it only uses your wifi signal. Secondly, you could call your provider and have them block data, so you don't accidentally use any.
    07-30-09 10:24 PM
    Download OTA. Set permissions to 'allow', and it will be all good.
    07-30-09 11:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD