I have been trying to DL opera mini for my 8130 pearl on VZW, but it wont DL. I was reading on the opera mini website, and it says it wont work on VZW with brew.

So I am guessing that it wont work then, so is there another web browser that will work with VZW
    04-28-09 10:10 PM
    ...it wont work on VZW with brew...
    What's brew??

And Opera works just fine for me on VZW, I have the Storm though.

When you say it wont dl, what do you mean? What happens?
    04-28-09 10:17 PM
    you can go here and dl OTA
    http://mini.opera.com from your bb browser
    04-28-09 10:53 PM
    BREW (Binary Runtime Environment for Wireless) is an application development platform created by Qualcomm for mobile phones. its usually used on CDMA phone but now and again you will see them alot on GSM Motorola phones (the older V series and iDEN phones).

yea ive seen opera mini work on BREW phones. my friend also has it on her BB Curve for verizon. try downloading an unsigned version of it if the main download gives you errors. thats how i got it to work on my Moto iC902 on Sprint.
    04-29-09 02:56 AM
    I tried doing a OTA DL from the opera mini site, and got a DL falied error message. I have tried doing it a few times and it won't work. Where do I find a unsigned verison of it at?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-29-09 04:19 AM
    there should be a link a few lines down on that download page. i think it says "if thats not working, try a different language or version" or something like that. click that link and it will offer u 3 different signed versions. try one of those. i made a mistake, you DO need a signed verson (verisign or the one with numberous certificates, etc). i believe it has to do with certificates and working on brew phones. i had this problem with opera on my Motorola ic902. i had to download a signed version like i said how to do above and put my phone in developer mode to disregard any problems with non digitally signed programs.
    04-29-09 05:29 AM
    The VZW 8130 is not a BREW phone. It does require the unsigned version. If you can't install it OTA, try going to min.opera.com from your PC and downloading the DM installation file
    04-29-09 06:03 PM
    I tried doing a OTA DL from the opera mini site, and got a DL falied error message. I have tried doing it a few times and it won't work. Where do I find a unsigned verison of it at?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    make sure your emulation is set to "blackberry". from your browser, hit menu>options>browser config>emulation mode. that could be your problem.
    04-29-09 06:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD