Can anybody tell me if the opera mini browser
    Is worth it? Thanks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-28-09 11:30 AM
    yes mini is great its quick but i would get bolt instead its quicker the you don't have to zoom on the page so try bolt
    05-28-09 11:45 AM
    heck ya! opera mini is a great little browser for the BB, i've been using it since i've had a BB and it works. I haven't tried the new browser that everyone is talking about, i think it's the "BOLT" browser, but i've heard it's pretty good too, so their are two to chose from, or if your like some of the guru's on here you probably have or will want both.
    05-28-09 11:53 AM
    ive been playing with it all day and i do like it but i dont have it figured out all the way. like with the standard browser on my phone i can hit the BB button and it pulls up a list of options (like home, go to, back, recent pages etc) but when i do it on opera mini it doesnt do that it just locks the screen and i cant scroll around anymore until i hit the BB button again then i can scroll. and i didnt notice it until today and have been trying to figure it out now for a while. i did a reboot after installing it but ive only had the phone for less than a week and have been on here since the day i got it and it seems to be a battery pull is the ultimate troubleshooting tool so i tried it and still no luck so until i get it figured out i have to hit the back button on the phone through any pages i went to until i get back to the first page where i can enter a web address. its an awesome browser and i will love it once i get this little trick figured out!
    05-28-09 08:00 PM
    It is my experience that there are some themes that are considered "transparent", which makes the menu that should pop up when the BB button is pressed "disappear." The menu flashes and it is there, but you will only be able to see flickers as you scoll up or down and it may appear that Opera has frozen. Try using an original BB theme, but if Opera still "locks up" then I suggest deleting and reinstalling. Hope that works!! Opera is my fav browser and I sacraficed many themes to keep using it.

05-28-09 08:38 PM
    Bolt is my go to browser for full html sites. For wap/mobile sites, I use the BB browser.

05-28-09 08:49 PM
    don't like opera mini...sticking with BB browser until something better comes along
    05-28-09 08:50 PM
    i used to use opera mini for most non wap sites. i loved it.

i just downloaded bolt which i think is better by far!

i'll probably keep opera mini so that i can have three browsers open at once and switch between sites (like tabbed browsing ha).
    05-28-09 08:55 PM
    It is my experience that there are some themes that are considered "transparent", which makes the menu that should pop up when the BB button is pressed "disappear." The menu flashes and it is there, but you will only be able to see flickers as you scoll up or down and it may appear that Opera has frozen. Try using an original BB theme, but if Opera still "locks up" then I suggest deleting and reinstalling. Hope that works!! Opera is my fav browser and I sacraficed many themes to keep using it.

ok cool thanks, i havent downloaded any themes yet its set to the original one but i did set a different picture as a background so i dont know if that counts but i deleted it and reset background to default deleted/reinstalled opera and still a no go for now but will keep trying
    05-28-09 10:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD