So I know that you can touch the red bar to scroll all the way up in the Opera Mini browser, but is there any way to scroll down besides swiping the screen?

I've searched as best as I can and couldn't find anything that's relevant to the Storm's touchscreen. All the instructions are for physical keyboard use, not the touchscreen.

Is it possible to scroll down in the Opera Mini browser with the Storm's touchscreen?
    05-15-10 04:56 PM
    I'm sorry if this hijacks your thread a little, but what red bar? I could never find it and I'd like to know.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-15-10 06:34 PM
    I'm sorry if this hijacks your thread a little, but what red bar? I could never find it and I'd like to know.

The big red bar at the top that says opera.
    05-15-10 06:44 PM
    Nonexistent on my phone. Do I have to turn some option on?

05-15-10 07:55 PM
    Nonexistent on my phone. Do I have to turn some option on?

You must not have OM5.
    05-15-10 08:38 PM
    So I know that you can touch the red bar to scroll all the way up in the Opera Mini browser, but is there any way to scroll down besides swiping the screen?

I've searched as best as I can and couldn't find anything that's relevant to the Storm's touchscreen. All the instructions are for physical keyboard use, not the touchscreen.

Is it possible to scroll down in the Opera Mini browser with the Storm's touchscreen?
    The same way you would on the native browser. If you can not pan with a finger, you need to turn off "enable compatibility mode". Or you downloaded a non-touchscreen version.
    05-15-10 08:42 PM
    Ya you must have an older version,OM5 has red bar on top always says what site your on.
    05-15-10 08:42 PM
    If you put the browser in full screen mode you will not see the red bar except when you are at the top of the page. If you take the browser off of "full screen" mode that bar will always be at the top of the screen.
    05-15-10 08:55 PM
    The same way you would on the native browser. If you can not pan with a finger, you need to turn off "enable compatibility mode". Or you downloaded a non-touchscreen version.
    Compatibility mode was not enabled....

On the native browser, I can use the keyboard to scroll up and down.

Leglace, are you able to scroll down on Opera Mini? If so, specifically how?
    05-15-10 09:15 PM
    You should be able to scroll up and down by panning with your finger. If you're having issues, delete and reinstall Opera.
    05-15-10 09:39 PM
    You should be able to scroll up and down by panning with your finger. If you're having issues, delete and reinstall Opera.
    By "panning", do you mean swiping the screen up and/or down?

I think what I'm referring to is literally paging up and/or down without the screen scrolling up and/or down.
    05-15-10 09:43 PM
    If you put the browser in full screen mode you will not see the red bar except when you are at the top of the page. If you take the browser off of "full screen" mode that bar will always be at the top of the screen.
    That was it. Thanks.

05-15-10 09:50 PM
    That's not what he's asking. He's asking, effectively as if you were on the computer what is the same as hitting the end button on the keyboard? Tapping the red bar is like pressing the home button on a keyboard so what do you tap to hit end?

05-16-10 01:25 AM
    There is nothing that takes you to the bottom with a single touch. Just the red bar in mobile view that takes you to the top.

05-16-10 08:44 AM
    Scoobuh got the gist, but I'm looking more to simulate "Page Down" on the screen as you would on a computer...
    05-16-10 01:59 PM
    Scoobuh got the gist, but I'm looking more to simulate "Page Down" on the screen as you would on a computer...
    +1!

It drives me nuts swiping way down the screen on a long page. I would LOVE a page down shortcut like the "top of page" one. A bottom of page one would be nice too, though!

Maybe even a vertical scroll bar to popup when the screen it touched and held. That would let you grab the scroll bar and pull it as far as you want or click on it below the current position for page down...
    05-17-10 08:33 AM
    Thanks for the tip re full page. I had no Ted bar either.
    I agree with the page down thing. You.x be nice to have.

05-17-10 01:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD