Currently using Opera Mini 5.0 and hate it, slow, regular BB browser is faster then it. Also, when ever I type something, there is no way to get rid of the keyboard, I have to tilt my phone to landscape then back to portrait mode to get rid of the keyboard.

Just don't like it

So my question is what other Internets are there I could give a try?
    Also how would I completely delete Opera Mini out of my phone?

Thanks
    04-26-10 08:30 PM
    There's always Bolt 2.0.
    To get rid of the keyboard, I usually touch the red bar on top. Usually the top right side and its been fine for me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-26-10 08:32 PM
    There's always Bolt 2.0.
    To get rid of the keyboard, I usually touch the red bar on top. Usually the top right side and its been fine for me.

if I do that then it loads the page again I tried everything.
    I'm going to give bolt a try, but how do I delete OM from my phone?
    04-26-10 08:33 PM
    There's always Bolt 2.0.

Also can you explain your Avatar better to me?
    I understand thats your UPC or w/e lol, and I think you can take a picture of it and it does something, but what exactly and how do I do it?

Thanks
    04-26-10 08:36 PM
    Its a bbm barcode. If you have bbm5 it allows you to scan that code to *** someone to you bbm list instead of typing in a PIN.

04-26-10 08:40 PM
    Go to Options then Applications then highlight OM and hit the Blackberry button and hit delete.

04-26-10 08:41 PM
    Giving bolt a try now.
    Not that bad, but not much of a step up from OM
    Last edited by b00kin; 04-26-10 at 09:39 PM.
    04-26-10 09:35 PM
    I've tried all of 'em and I never could understand all the "ooohs" and "ahhhs" over Opera Mini. I LOVE Opera on my laptop and desktop (typing from Opera right now, in fact), but on my S2? Horrible, too many compromises. Bolt was no good as well, so that's it. I'm using the default browser and, of the 3, it's the best for me.
    04-26-10 09:39 PM
    I've tried all of 'em and I never could understand all the "ooohs" and "ahhhs" over Opera Mini. I LOVE Opera on my laptop and desktop (typing from Opera right now, in fact), but on my S2? Horrible, too many compromises. Bolt was no good as well, so that's it. I'm using the default browser and, of the 3, it's the best for me.
    I'm about to jump in your boat man.
    I don't like OM on my phone, and Bolt, is not good as well.
    Youtube videos you have to watch it in a little screen doesn't fill up the phone, and you have to hit the BB button to select OK.

Just annoying, and clicking on a link OH FORGET ABOUT IT. I prefer the Default Browser as well as of now.
    Unless there are more then Opera Mini, and BOLT.

Only thing about the Default Browser is that it is SLOWER then OM and BOLT!
    Last edited by b00kin; 04-26-10 at 09:54 PM.
    04-26-10 09:49 PM
    Currently using Opera Mini 5.0 and hate it, slow, regular BB browser is faster then it. Also, when ever I type something, there is no way to get rid of the keyboard, I have to tilt my phone to landscape then back to portrait mode to get rid of the keyboard.

Just don't like it

Thanks

Loaded BOLT 2.0 Beta last week. Its the second try. I got the hang of it finally. The trick is that one taps the link first; BOLT responds by showing the link again in a box, in bold. Press that box and the link will open. Give BOLT a try.

Last edited by Dan_McMak; 04-26-10 at 10:03 PM.
    04-26-10 09:53 PM
    I love opera mini. Never tried bolt. To get rid of the keyboard just tap the screen above it. Maybe its different in portrait, I hardly use the internet in portrait.

04-26-10 09:54 PM

Loaded BOLT 2.0 Beta last week. Its the second try. I got the hang of it finally. The trick is that one taps the link first; BOLT responds by showing the link again in a box, in bold. Press that box and the link will open. Give BOLT a try.

I know that lol.
    04-26-10 10:07 PM
    I upgraded to OM 5 on my Nokia N73 and it was really slow. Also, web addresses I assigned to the speed dail icons on the start page were not able to be changed. I like the features anyway, but Ive reverted to the previous version since.
    04-26-10 10:28 PM
    i swear....everyday i use opera mini it gets slower.

when i first tried the beta5 it was fast, typing, browsing, etc was MUCH better experience.

but now when you are done typing in a text box and tap outside the box so you can hit the "post" button...it reloads the page? WTF? I have to it stop or let it reload.

Also as of late when i tap outside the text box..the screen still acts like the keyboard is still up and everything gets shrunk down....only tilt views fixes it.

and all seemingly out of no where....i figured once it went into a official release this would all be fixed?

is bolt that good?

At first i was all about this browser but now im def sad it has not gotten better, but much worse.
    04-26-10 11:32 PM

Just don't like it

Thanks
    Is this serious or a joke? Slower than the BB browser? Something is not right. OM5 has always ran smooth in my phone. It now utilizes socket, so its even faster than it was in beta. I am not kidding, its faster than any mobile browser I have ever used.

04-26-10 11:34 PM
    After the official release of OM and on .607, I find myself using the default browser much more. The official OM under .607 is not the same awesome browser i was using while it was in beta and running under on older OS.

The BB browser improved a lot with .607 and did make OM obsolete for me. Is the BB browser faster that OM? No, it is not!, but the speed sacrifice is not so much anymore than before .607.
    04-27-10 08:21 AM
    Is this serious or a joke? Slower than the BB browser? Something is not right. OM5 has always ran smooth in my phone. It now utilizes socket, so its even faster than it was in beta. I am not kidding, its faster than any mobile browser I have ever used.

+1 on this. Can't believe anyone is finding OM slower than BB browser. Every so often I'll compare the speeds of certain pages and have never had the BB browser open faster than OM. Plus I think it looks way better.

Could be that these folks are on .607, which I tried for a couple days but dropped for a .517 hybrid (which I'm much much happier with).
    04-27-10 08:41 AM
    I'm on .607 and opera is lightning fast. Not calling anyone a liar but I can't imagine what would make it slower than the stock browser...I use opera exclusively.

04-27-10 09:57 AM
    That's been my experience.... although opera is much faster at loading pages than the native browser, half the time I try to enter text into a field and hit "submit", opera just reloads the same page with the field blank.

I now have been copying the field before hitting submit... So when the page comes back with an empty field, I just paste my text and submit again. Sometimes it takes 2 or 3 tries.

04-27-10 11:30 AM
    Opera has its issues for sure. But I can't STAND the BB browser. It's so painfully slow I can't believe it. Probably going to stick with opera and hope they fix some of the problems.
    04-27-10 01:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD