Okay, so I recently got the opera mini 4.2 for my pearl. It works flawlessly. However, I got curious about charges that might show up on my bill. I have Verizon, and an unlimited data plan, which isn't really unlimited contrary to popular belief. Anyway, I was wondering if downloading large video files would show up as a charge on my monthly bill. Streaming too, such as youtube. And advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-07-09 07:30 PM
    With Verizon there is a 5GB cap. I would highly doubt that unless you are tethering and using it as a modem for your home computer you will ever reach. As for Opera Mini browsing, it will appear as data usesage, and so will downloads, and youtube videos.

I highly doubt you will ever exceed that limit.
    02-07-09 07:33 PM
    Cool thanks. So as long as I stick with the unlimited plan I should be good?

02-07-09 07:50 PM
    Exactly. You should be fine. I've never come even close to the cap on the data.

02-07-09 08:16 PM
    Yeahh. Thank god this is free though, opera is so much better than the regular browser in my opinion. It loads pages probably 2 or 3 times faster, and has yet to cause my pearl to freeze up.

02-07-09 08:33 PM
    Glad that your having a good experience. I've honestly always used my bb browser, and never have troubles with it.

02-07-09 08:35 PM
    I have VZW's 3G 5 gig plan and use my BB as a modem. I have yet to reach 5 gig, even with playing EverQuest 2 on my laptop. I think I average about 1 to 2 gigs a month.
    06-07-09 09:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD