Hello,

I'm expecting some problems with my phone (not sure if its a phone "features" though

I have BB 9630 Tour, yet I'm not connected to RIM servers. I'm using TCP/IP connection with APN settings to browse the web with the 3d party browser.

1) I've installed Opera Mini (OM). When I try to download some programs through OM I press on downloadable link and the phone launches the internal browser. I do not want to use the internal one obviously it is blocked, because my HRT is empty, I would like to use OM to download stuff. On the other hand downloading images works fine in OM.

2) When I open web pages in OM or using BB Application World to download a new program after downloading data over ~100kB the connection freezes and no more data can be downloaded by the phone. In order to continue I have to launch second program that uses traffic and than both programs can download another portion of probably same data size ( ~100kB). Or exit and rerun the program after few seconds. Pretty annoying I must say. Of cause the local carrier said that as long as my BB device is not connected to RIM servers no web browsing possible, no matters that I have the internet traffic every month

3) Is there any free pdf reader for blackberry ? Because such free reader exists for every other mobile operating system, like iphone, symbian, windows mo, android, etc. why is it so hard to find one free for blackberry ?

4) How can I send single contact info to another mobile using bluetooth connection b/n the phones ? I do not want to waste money on sending it through SMS.

Thank you in advance.
    yours sincerely, bhaa.
    09-23-10 02:06 AM
    1. Blackberries must use the native browser to download over the air links. I do not know of any possible way to get around that issue. I have never seen a way mentioned here either.

2. That is an interesting problem but i suspect it has something to do with the same reasons behind number 1.

3. I just fired up my old blackberry and i realized i do not have a pdf reader on there. I suspect i must have given up the search for one.

4. I never had any luck transferring anything via bluetooth from my blackberry to a another device. I am not sure what the cause was but it was rather annoying. Rather than burn an sms message why not just type the individual contact information on to the other phone? Or do you want to eventually copy your entire contact list? If your other device is also capable of syncing with a program like microsoft outlook, you could sync the contacts from your blackberry to there and from there sync it to the other device, I suspect, but for a contact here and there that might be a hassle.
    Last edited by the_sandman_454; 09-23-10 at 07:39 AM.
    09-23-10 07:36 AM
    Well, what is the other convenient way of transferring any type of data, like text, images, music, videos, etc. from one mobile device to another ?
    Sending it through email ? It usually takes more time to send the data, emails are limited by the content size, about 10MB if I'm not mistaken, and when one might not be always present in the carrier coverage area.
    Now according to the contact info, just imagine that I'm advising to my friend a good doctor. I have all the contact information, like working and mobile phone numbers, fax, email, working address and so on. To type all of this info might take a while, especially when my friend does not have fast typing skills, so I want to minimize his time.
    I'm not talking about the whole contact list synchronization, there are plenty different programs for that.
    After all we are talking about smart phones. Smart phones must save time and money, otherwise it is not a smart phone
    Last edited by bhaa; 09-23-10 at 11:14 AM.
    09-23-10 11:11 AM
    I download over air with Opera often, yes it may open the BB browser to do the actual down load but u don't have to manually open BB browser to download

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-23-10 11:52 AM
    I download over air with Opera often, yes it may open the BB browser to do the actual down load but u don't have to manually open BB browser to download

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    You may be able to do that but I imagine you have a blackberry data plan (BIS/BES) don't you? This is the original poster's problem in that he does not have a BB data plan, and since the native browser wont try accessing anything without going through RIM's servers, that becomes a problem.

OP: I think you may have misunderstood what i said. The part i said was a hassle was the part about syncing your contacts to outlook and then syncing that to the other phone. If bluetooth transfers actually work then that would be convenient way to do it but i've never had any luck getting it to work. The way i transfer large files between phones is to use a computer. Blackberry messenger was the best way to transfer files up to 6MB, but of course that is only blackberry to blackberry.
    Last edited by the_sandman_454; 09-23-10 at 03:45 PM.
    09-23-10 03:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD