I tried to search for an answer, but couldnt find anything.

Is there any way to make Opera Mini my default browser? So that when I click a link in an email, SMS, Tweet, that it opens in OM instead of the BB browser.
    10-16-09 08:23 AM
    No, there is not.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-16-09 08:31 AM
    No, there is not.

Not exactly true...

If you download the OperaMini5 Beta then it sets it as default for MOST urls. It is for my tweets, and email, and most SMS. Download the beta and give it a shot. The only thing about it is that it will not allow you to change back to the BB browser as your default browser.
    10-16-09 08:48 AM
    God info. i didn't know that. i still have the old OM, and don't use it much. Thanks!

So to change back to the BlackBerry browser, you'd have to delete OM?

10-16-09 09:06 AM
    God info. i didn't know that. i still have the old OM, and don't use it much. Thanks!

So to change back to the BlackBerry browser, you'd have to delete OM?

Pretty much yes. Or wait until another beta release which may (or may not) have the feature to change what browser is default.
    10-16-09 09:08 AM
    Still wish Skyfire would enter public beta. I like OM5 but Skyfire is going to knock everyone off the third party browser boat. It for sure has a feature to set itself as the default browser (toggle on or off).

But for now, holding your finger over the URL in OM and clicking copy will do for switching back to the BB Browser.

10-16-09 10:24 PM
    Maybe in time there will be..
    10-16-09 11:59 PM
    you can highlight it and press the BB button and select open in Opera Mini or something like that. I got rid of opera though. I hate not having the click function on it
    10-17-09 01:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD