I've searched all over here but have not found anyone asking this before. When in Opera Mini, I cannot get a screen shot of a web page I'm viewing. I'd like to use CaptureIt, which I have on my phone, but it does not work in Opera Mini. Now my question is, do I have to install CI through the Opera Mini browser in order to get it to work? I've even checked the OM forums and could not find the answer. I don't want to mess up my phone by installing it again (if it will allow me). Just don't know that much about Opera Mini. Thanks for any help, guys!
    04-26-09 04:55 PM
    Going to do a quick check and see for myself but first check your capture its application permissions. Make sure they are set to allow! Brb!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-26-09 05:01 PM
    Yeah, permission are set to allow.....thanks
    04-26-09 05:02 PM
    When in Opera hold down menu key until switch application appears and select capture it from there.

This works for me using snapscreen so I assume captureit may be the same.
    04-26-09 05:05 PM
    When in Opera hold down menu key until switch application appears and select capture it from there.

This works for me using snapscreen so I assume captureit may be the same.
    OM doesn't have a Switch Application feature in their menu - but thanks for trying!
    04-26-09 05:07 PM
    Hazysky has provided a good one! I can see that working out well. I was about to say that if you make capture it as your convenience key that, that should work too!

04-26-09 05:08 PM
    But that's the problem...CaptureIt is my convenience key...but it doesn't work in OM. And I don't have the Switch Application option in their menu. Do you think I need to re-download it through the OM browser or is that just about a stupid thing to even think about doing?
    04-26-09 05:11 PM
    Hazysky has provided a good one! I can see that working out well. I was about to say that if you make capture it as your convenience key that, that should work too!

Well I have it set to my convenience key but this won't work when in Opera for some reason.

Cookie, HOLD down the menu key for a few seconds and if your phone works as mine does the switch applicationbox will appear.
    04-26-09 05:12 PM
    Well I have it set to my convenience key but this wont work when in Opera for some reason.

Cookie, HOLD down the menu key for a few seconds and if your phone works as mine does the switch device box will appear.
    Nope - nothing. I held it down for over 15 seconds. Doesn't come up. Must be the difference in the phones.
    04-26-09 05:13 PM
    CaptureIt doesn't work with OM. There are a few third party apps that it doesn't work with. You'll have to look at those web pages with the native browser to get screenshots -

Adam

04-26-09 08:04 PM
    Yeah, I kind of figured that out, Adam. That's unfortunate. But thanks to you and everyone for trying to help.
    04-26-09 08:12 PM
    tried like 4 different ways but nothing! what is it you were looking to have screenshots of?
    04-26-09 09:38 PM
    Oh, nothing in particular....just would like the option in case I want to use it. I like OM as a browser but I guess I can't have it all! I appreciate you trying to help, JLJ. Thanks!
    04-27-09 04:53 AM
    No problem! I actually cannot wait to see what skyfire comes out looking like! Wonder if it will make Opera Mini feel obsolete!

04-27-09 08:33 AM
    No problem! I actually cannot wait to see what skyfire comes out looking like! Wonder if it will make Opera Mini feel obsolete!

Skyfire? Haven't heard of that before. I'm willing to try anything new. When's it due out? Are they going to have 3rd party apps? Hope so.
    04-27-09 09:41 AM
    04-27-09 09:48 AM
    Thank you, Casper!
    04-27-09 09:51 AM
    no problem cookie. i was it last week.
    04-27-09 01:43 PM
    I guess this reply is a little bit late but I was able to use captureIt with Opera Mini. The trick is to open the browser menu and then pressing the convenience key you set for captureIt. You have to close the menu immediately so that it won't be part of the picture.

Opera Mini 4.2
    CaptureIt 1.4
    09-07-09 02:52 AM
    Thanks bbb18,

It works very good in OM (and in bolt, where i need it).
    Last edited by yf; 11-30-09 at 06:21 PM.
    11-30-09 11:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD