I'm using OS 4.7. Can anyone confirm that OM beta 5 works in socket mode on OS 5 (191)?

The link to get the new beta (from your BB) is http://m.opera.com/next

I was running 191 for awhile but OM seemed slow in HTTP mode compared to socket (could have been placebo). Regardless, can someone running OS 5 (particularly 191) confirm that this new version of OM works and if so, whether socket mode works as well?

I know a lot of you use OM so here is the presser for the new release/beta:

Global mobile-browser champion enters next generation
    09-16-09 02:38 AM
    I have just installed it now on my .167... gonna uninstall it. its crap! took over my bb browser in the emails... and its very slow
    09-16-09 06:05 AM
    Doesn't work for me in .191. It loads but I can only click on the address bar and there's no way to being up the keyboard. That plus the BlackBerry button not working renders it useless. There's no way to exit since back doesn't do it and without being able to use the keyboard or click anything, a battery pull is the only option.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-16-09 06:14 AM
    09-16-09 06:22 AM
    Doesn't work for me in .191. It loads but I can only click on the address bar and there's no way to being up the keyboard. That plus the BlackBerry button not working renders it useless. There's no way to exit since back doesn't do it and without being able to use the keyboard or click anything, a battery pull is the only option.

Same here running .191 cant do anything but look at it. Looks like it would be nice but no love for the .191 with this beta
    09-16-09 06:24 AM

you can get out of that app by clicking the setting and exit....
    I think this is more iphone friendly kind of browser... anyway it sux
    09-16-09 06:26 AM
    Ok it is working on .191. U have to go into options - applications and disable compatibility mode. Then do battery pull. Start opera. Touch screen not yet working on storm. U have to use your virtual keyboard to navigate. ....can't wait fot this to be compatible with storm. All pics show even on large web sites. Gu looks smooth. Great job oM!!!!

09-16-09 06:44 AM
    This browser is awesome. Works really well with the storm. Don't know what the above post is talking about. It works great with the touch screen. The browser is extremely fast. Tabbed browsing is ten fold better than the BB browser. Only flaw I have found is I can't play youtube videos for some reason.
    09-16-09 07:08 AM
    Sorry you guys are having all these problems with Opera Mini. I'm sticking with my default BB browser.
    09-16-09 07:09 AM
    Sorry you guys are having all these problems with Opera Mini. I'm sticking with my default BB browser.
    Why do that, just get the latest OM version 4.2 I think it is. Much faster than BB browser.

09-16-09 07:13 AM
    This browser is awesome. Works really well with the storm. Don't know what the above post is talking about. It works great with the touch screen. The browser is extremely fast. Tabbed browsing is ten fold better than the BB browser. Only flaw I have found is I can't play youtube videos for some reason.
    Dave which os are you running on storm ?

09-16-09 07:16 AM
    I'm running .151 6v10
    09-16-09 07:19 AM
    I'm running .151 6v10
    K I'm running .191. That's prolly why not working correctly

09-16-09 07:22 AM
    Yeah, might be it. This browser is so much better than the BB browser in every way. I was going to upgrade to .191. I think I might hold off now.
    09-16-09 07:25 AM
    Ok it is working on .191. U have to go into options - applications and disable compatibility mode. Then do battery pull. Start opera. Touch screen not yet working on storm. U have to use your virtual keyboard to navigate. ....can't wait fot this to be compatible with storm. All pics show even on large web sites. Gu looks smooth. Great job oM!!!!

For the life of me I can't find the compatibility mode. Do they call it something else now? I'm running .191 with the keyboard stuck in view.
    09-16-09 07:33 AM
    09-16-09 07:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD