downloaded the browser opera mini beta 5.0 on my blackberry. it installed fine.

right when I run the application, it gives me the error "...cannot detect a network..." even though I am connected to the internet through WiFi and can surf the net through bb browser?

second immediate problem is, "it would not let me quit the application" once at this stage, which is always the case after i run it. i generally have to resolve towards restarting the bb to avoid higher battery consumption.

help?

(i have tried giving the application more permission through Options > Advance settings > Applications > Opera Beta 5.0 but that did not result in anything positive).
    09-27-09 10:57 PM
    Check the beta forums for that app. If you are going to install Beta software then you need to be prepared for problems and know how to resolve them yourself. Or at least you should know the correct places to research the solutions for the problems you may encounter with the Beta software, should they arise.
    09-27-09 11:01 PM
    hey, I've been having the exact same problem. but for me I can't even get the 2 previous opera minis to work either. SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    09-28-09 12:13 AM
    Do you have your carriers APN set in options > advanced options > TCP/IP??

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-28-09 03:08 AM
    Tried installing the non-beta version of Opera Mini, which worked like a charm.

^ still no go with the above settings for Opera Mini Beta 5.0
    09-28-09 01:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD