So far loving everything about this. I couldn't get the B1 to work, so I'm a little late to the party . Only downside is I'm wondering why some sites on the speed-dial have big pics and some have small (a user posted about this earlier). The only ones aside from the defaults that load large (for me) are ESPN mobile and hotmail
    12-06-09 12:16 PM
    The only thing that sucks about the update would be the virtual keyboard dissapearence!! I was really liking it!!
    12-06-09 04:38 PM
    the virtual keyboard had its issues. It was slow and it did not have an enter button when writing messages. You had to use the space bar in order to get the lines to skip.

The fact that they got the storms keyboard to work without flaws was the real success.
    12-06-09 05:25 PM
    the virtual keyboard had its issues. It was slow and it did not have an enter button when writing messages. You had to use the space bar in order to get the lines to skip.

The fact that they got the storms keyboard to work without flaws was the real success.
    well it might of had a few issues but it was nice to have the option of using either..
    12-06-09 05:41 PM
    I agree. No reason too take it away either.
    12-06-09 05:55 PM
    Any know how to get the Paste function to work again. I touch the screen and the Paste button comes up but when I click, it wont paste.
    12-06-09 05:58 PM
    Any know how to get the Paste function to work again. I touch the screen and the Paste button comes up but when I click, it wont paste.
    I've noticed two oddities with cut and paste. Some times cut did not work. One has to re-cut. Second is time when pasting a URL. It looks like the paste did not happen but it does it just scrolls off the screen. The bad part is that that it is hard to know when one or the other occurs

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-06-09 07:22 PM
    How do you download this in the s2. I follow the link and all i get is plain text. No way to download from there for me. Does anyone have a direct link?

EDIT* Never mind i found it elsewhere...here it is if anyone else needs it.

http://mini.opera.com/next/minibb.ja...96501&bbfw=4.7
    Last edited by jonkjon; 12-06-09 at 10:13 PM.
    12-06-09 08:34 PM
    I just downloaded the beta 2 package and am very impressed with it. It is lightning-fast compared to the BB Browser and seems to work very well with my favorite websites on my Verizon Storm1. Almost intuitive interface when you first open it up, minus the whole Wrench -> Exit deal.
    12-07-09 12:28 AM
    Trying Opera Mini 5 beta 2 for the first time on my S1 and so far I'm loving it! Question is how do I save pics that I'm viewing on the web? On the native BB browser you can hit the BB button and select "save image" - don't see this option in Opera?
    12-07-09 10:21 AM
    You simply need to press/hold (not just tap) the image and that should bring up a menu, one of the options being "save image".
    12-07-09 01:07 PM
    Opera has released a silent update to their OM 5 Beta 2 that has the same version number as the previous update and found at the same download location. From the release notes, you'd think this was mostly for non-touch screen BB's BUT this version fixes a major bug, the white screen issue that plagues many complex sites! Enjoy.
    12-11-09 09:26 AM
    Opera has released a silent update to their OM 5 Beta 2 that has the same version number as the previous update and found at the same download location. From the release notes, you'd think this was mostly for non-touch screen BB's BUT this version fixes a major bug, the white screen issue that plagues many complex sites! Enjoy.
    Thanks for this info. The white screen issue was hitting me in a major way.

This thing is so close to being a great, usable browser. All it needs is scrolling fixed and some way to occasionally double zoom in and it is done in my book.
    12-11-09 10:59 AM
    Thanks for this info. The white screen issue was hitting me in a major way.

This thing is so close to being a great, usable browser. All it needs is scrolling fixed and some way to occasionally double zoom in and it is done in my book.
    I agree the next big issue is scrolling speed and smoothness and another zoom level would really be useful when a checkbox is near the edge of the screen. I find I can't select it probably due to lack of sensors in the Storm screen near the edge.

I'd also like a quick way to go back to the Start Page. Tapping 3 times is annoying!
    12-11-09 12:37 PM
    Opera has released a silent update to their OM 5 Beta 2 that has the same version number as the previous update...
    Hey, thanks!

Actually, though, it has a new build number. The old build was (I believe) .16831 whereas the newest is .17024.
    12-11-09 12:40 PM
90 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD