Hi...I am new to this. I have 8310 curve I downloaded opera-mini; i love it; but when I try to download any mobile applications I click on open and my phone opens the default browser which doesn't work "attemptinh to invoke the browser to view...". I am not able to download any apps. Any help on how to resolve this would be appreciated..I read that I can't make opera the default browser, is there a way to stop blackberry from redirecting to the default browser, how can I download from opera? I have simple mobile in US. Opera works fine
    04-27-10 04:54 PM
    I don't think you can define Opera Mini (OM) as the default browser. I use OM and very happy with it. To download applications, use the BB Browser for smooth operations. It is difficult (and even impossible) to download (some) applications with browsers different from the BB browser. The device's communication with the download sites is better when you use the BB browser.
    04-27-10 05:05 PM
    I changed mobile companies and I removed some service book entries and now the BB browser icon disappeared.I tried host routing “register now” but nothing happened.I configured APN correctly and opera works find.How do I get the icon for BB browser back?How do I configure it to work with the APN?Your help is greatly appreciated. Ps I do have a data plan
    04-29-10 08:02 PM
    due to security restrictions implemented by RIM on their OS, you cannot change the default BB browser.
    04-30-10 07:48 AM
    I was able to get the blackberry browser to work. I found this on a post and tried it, it works with simple mobile service TCPIP please review bb.anworm.com/get-service-book/ cheers
    06-15-10 06:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD