Updated my 8530 to .601, since then I have noticed that controlling the track ball on my 8530 in Opera Mini is so bad that I don't even use it. It's like the sensitivity of it in Opera Mini has messed up. Anyone else notice this?
    05-08-10 02:20 PM
    I had the same issue as well, after updating .601 rendered my experience with opera non-usable. Tried deleting and re-installing opera with no change.

I tried changing the track pad sensitivity all around and no such luck.
    Went back and downgraded to .508 and that resolved the issue.

Just waiting for the .564 release and I'll give it a try.
    05-08-10 03:55 PM
    Glad to know I'm not the only one. I was very much looking forward to using Opera on this phone and was very disappointed to find it was absolutely unusable.
    05-08-10 04:03 PM
    Updated my 8530 to .601, since then I have noticed that controlling the track ball on my 8530 in Opera Mini is so bad that I don't even use it. It's like the sensitivity of it in Opera Mini has messed up. Anyone else notice this?
    Opera has some issue on .601, I hope that they will fix it soon.
    05-08-10 05:49 PM
    Glad to know it is not just me. Guess I will be downgrading to fix this, as I don't think Opera will be updating anytime soon. The tabs feature alone makes it better then the native browser in my opinion!
    05-08-10 06:52 PM
    Bolt FTW. So superior to Opera. Faster, better viewing of full web pages, better cursor navigation, etc etc

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-08-10 07:21 PM
    Bolt FTW. So superior to Opera. Faster, better viewing of full web pages, better cursor navigation, etc etc

Do you have it running on .601?
    05-08-10 07:27 PM
    Bolt runs pretty well on .601, give it a try.

05-08-10 08:54 PM
    Wow, I like it! Much better on full pages. Only thing is no tabs, but not a big deal. Thanks for the tip!
    05-08-10 09:07 PM
    Hey forum...new to Blackberry and I've had it for a little over 8 hours. Just wondering if there are better web browsers than the native one that comes w/ BlackBerry Curve.

Thanks for your help...anyone offering any tutoring sessions, I'm all ears!
    05-08-10 10:18 PM
    Hey forum...new to Blackberry and I've had it for a little over 8 hours. Just wondering if there are better web browsers than the native one that comes w/ BlackBerry Curve.

Like what was posted above,try Bolt (www.boltbrowser.com). Its it much better, in my option, then the native browser!

05-08-10 10:25 PM

There are only two, Opera Mini and Bolt. Of the two I use Bolt due to the trackpad issue with Opera Mini. Do a google for both and you shouldn't have any problem finding the links to download. Try them both out and stick with the one you like best.

And BTW, welcome to CrackBerry!!!
    05-08-10 10:25 PM
    To get to boltbrowser...do I do it through BBApp World or through the native browser
    05-08-10 10:28 PM
    The issue I seem to have is that the websites open up but then you have to scroll side to side to read entire page. I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong. I appreciate all the help you are giving me. I love this BB though...I came from a Palm Centro and this is a **** of an upgrade!
    05-08-10 10:35 PM
    The issue I seem to have is that the websites open up but then you have to scroll side to side to read entire page. I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong. I appreciate all the help you are giving me. I love this BB though...I came from a Palm Centro and this is a **** of an upgrade!
    Just google it on your phone and then once on the download page you can just download/install it right there.
    05-08-10 10:57 PM
    Bolt 2.0 has tabs and is a lil faster than 1.7. google bolt browser to get it.
    05-08-10 11:23 PM
    Bolt 2.0 has tabs and is a lil faster than 1.7. google bolt browser to get it.
    Is that the beta version? I saw it, wasn't sure how the beta would be is the only reason I didn't install it and installed 1.7

05-08-10 11:25 PM
    Go Beta. Can't go wrong with Bolt.
    05-08-10 11:28 PM
    Just an update-
    I just installed another leaked OS, .654 and still have the same issue. Seems slightly better, but not the same as it was. Guess I will be sticking with Bolt. I have come to love Bolt anyway, its awesome!

05-12-10 01:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD