I have a website that I am trying to go to that requires you to enter a userid and password. Originally is was working. Now when I go to it my userid is there but in dimmed colour. I enter the password and get an error trying to enter the site. It says invalid userid.

I try to retype the username. It will let me retype fine but when I finish and enter the return key the username dims again and if I try and logon it says invalid userid.

It appears the userid, while I can see it dimmed out, is not really there.

Sometimes you go to a website and it will say 'user name' (dimmed) and 'password' (dimmed). You enter the user name and password, they show in normal brightness and you are good to go when you enter.

This shows my actual username but dimmed and I can not get it to enter and stay at normal brightness.

I had to stop trying to go to the site.

Anybody have any suggestions. I have tried everything I can think of with settings, battery pulls, deleting the page, emptying cache, etc. etc.

Thanks
    10-29-09 11:14 PM
    clear your cookies and history did you hit auto save password for that site?
    10-29-09 11:32 PM
    clear your cookies and history did you hit auto save password for that site?
    yes I did hit auto save password. I cleared history, not sure how to clear cookies...
    10-29-09 11:34 PM
    Bring up tool bar > Settings > privacy

There it has your password manager, history, cookie, and passwords.

you are running Opera Beta 5 right?
    10-29-09 11:37 PM
    Bring up tool bar > Settings > privacy

There it has your password manager, history, cookie, and passwords.

you are running Opera Beta 5 right?
    yes, running Opera Beta 5

Thank you for your help but did not work. I cleared the cookies, deleted the history and passwords and turned password manager off.

I typed in the web address and went to the site. in the user name it said 'poolname' in dimmed and 'password' in dimmed. I entered the poolname and it dimmed again. I entered the password and it shows as ****** as I would expect and stayed normal brightness. I tap the enter button and it says invalid user id. I know it is the right user id because I can do it from the native browser. For whatever reason the user id goes dim and it will not recognize it. Weird
    10-29-09 11:44 PM
    is it a mobile site? or is it a regular site?
    10-29-09 11:46 PM
    regular site
    10-29-09 11:47 PM
    it is Fantasy Hockey Pool

If you do not mind, try it and see if you enter 'bcfhockey' in the pool username whether it dims or stays bright once you hit return after entering the name.
    10-29-09 11:49 PM
    w w w. h o c k e y d r a f t . c a
    10-29-09 11:50 PM
    have you tried it from your browser or desktop? have you tried reinstalling opera mini 5?
    10-29-09 11:52 PM
    works fine from RIM's browser. It works from my MAC. It also worked on Bolt.

It is the only website I go to from Opera Mini 5 that I can not get to.

Yes I tried deleting and re-downloading the software.

I can even go to my online banking, save my bank card number, enter my password, etc. That all works.

Stumped!
    10-29-09 11:55 PM
    i tried it and.............

it doesn't even display properly. i can't even click the user name and password. its overlapping with another part of the page. i reloaded it too and same thing. and thats the only line that overlaps
    10-29-09 11:56 PM
    hey i got it to somewhat work in mobile view mode. mind pming me your pw? and btw the font turns gray after i click out from the user name.
    10-29-09 11:58 PM
    private message sent.

need to have the font to small to avoid overlapping on this site
    10-30-09 12:01 AM
    it says user name not found for both regular and playoff.
    10-30-09 12:02 AM
    it says user name not found for both regular and playoff.
    well at least it is consistent. Same error I get. It the username greys out for you then it is the same problem. Must be with its website somehow.

Like I said, it will work with the native browser or bolt, but will not accept it from Opera.

Thanks anyways.
    10-30-09 12:05 AM
    yeah i tried it in my BB Browser and it works fine. it seems to just be a issue with the input function on the opera mini beta 5. Sorry. there are other input issues with opera mini beta 5 like the backspace and the viewing.

you can always go back to regular opera mini if its still avail. lol.
    10-30-09 12:06 AM
    yeah i tried it in my BB Browser and it works fine. it seems to just be a issue with the input function on the opera mini beta 5. Sorry. there are other input issues with opera mini beta 5 like the backspace and the viewing.

you can always go back to regular opera mini if its still avail. lol.
    Like the new Opera a lot. I use it for all the other sites. I will go to the BB Browser to see this site, just have to wait a lot longer.

Maybe on the next release it will work

Cheers
    10-30-09 12:12 AM
    Like the new Opera a lot. I use it for all the other sites. I will go to the BB Browser to see this site, just have to wait a lot longer.

Maybe on the next release it will work

Cheers
    yeah sorry couldn't have been more help. if you need help with anything else feel free to pm. and yeah. i love the new opera too. especially for full sites. amazing. i wonder why RIM hasn't tapped into what they are doing.
    10-30-09 12:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD