I just downloaded and installed Opera Mini 5 on my Storm 2 and it is not behaving right. It shrinks to half the screen as I use it. I'm running os 607.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-17-10 02:24 PM
    Same problem...running .607 with .692 hybrid Anyone have any ideas?
    05-17-10 02:49 PM
    If you rotate the screen to portrait and back to landscape it fixes itself.
    05-17-10 02:53 PM
    disable compatibility mode?
    05-17-10 02:55 PM
    I have never had a version of Opera that would run on the Storm 1 or 2. I've tried it four different times and deleted it every time because it just didn't work. Screens wouldn't load, keyboard pops up and won't go away, text boxes won't accept input, etc. etc.

Even though the BB Browser isn't the best, it was light years ahead of opera mini 5
    05-17-10 08:19 PM
    I have never had a version of Opera that would run on the Storm 1 or 2. I've tried it four different times and deleted it every time because it just didn't work. Screens wouldn't load, keyboard pops up and won't go away, text boxes won't accept input, etc. etc.

Even though the BB Browser isn't the best, it was light years ahead of opera mini 5
    Speak only for yourself. Opera has worked fantastically for me. It has been stable, fast, and made opening full websites a snap. To the point, that it has been faster than my laptop at times. Everything was great until .607. It still runs smoothly, but I do have to turn the accelerometer 90 degrees to fix the partial white screen that appears from tme to time. But nothing I can't manage.

try opening the full site of engadget with the native browser.
    05-17-10 08:26 PM
    Ok thanks guys for the responses. The developers need to look into this issue
    05-17-10 10:00 PM
    yeah opera mine 5 sucks...i went back to 4.2
    05-17-10 10:39 PM
    Opera Mini 5 worked fine for me until I installed .607. Then I had the same problems you describe. Went back to .517 and everything is working as it should.
    05-18-10 02:19 AM
    I looked into this browser after I got this phone last week and a coworker told me about the bugs and etc. He told me to try out bolt and I use Bolt instead.

I guess opera in the BB platform seems to be flawed depending on model, the two coworkers have 9700's.
    05-25-10 09:08 AM
    Yeah... had to revert to .517 from .607 too cos of the opera issues... cos i simply cannot use my bb without opera working good. i miss .607's picture quality though... 517 sucks on pictures!
    05-25-10 11:05 AM
    Glad to see I'm not the only one with the partially white screen after entering an address. This new hybrid is kinda glitchy and slow to start an app initially, but its still pretty good. Like someone said, just flick the phone to change orientation while the website is loading and you're good to go.

Now if I could get Patternlock or Swipelock to run without locking up the phone, and I'd be ok.
    05-25-10 09:33 PM
    I was wondering if this problem was just my phone.....hope they get the bug resolved soon!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-26-10 01:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD