Anyone else notice the inability to adjust the volume for audio while using OM5? Big PITA

Also to the user who said that OM now opens up email links "correctly" even if OM is already open, I am not experiencing that. When I click a link and choose "Open in Opera Mini" it still just takes me to my already open OM but does nothing. Anybody else
    Last edited by MrWireless31; 03-16-10 at 03:59 PM.
    03-16-10 03:52 PM
    Am I the only one that's not getting the click? For example, when I tap a speed dial item, I would expect it to not do anything, but instead it starts loading the page. I don't want it to do anything unless I click it--that's one of the reasons why I have the Storm2.
    03-16-10 05:05 PM
    Am I the only one that's not getting the click? For example, when I tap a speed dial item, I would expect it to not do anything, but instead it starts loading the page. I don't want it to do anything unless I click it--that's one of the reasons why I have the Storm2.
    It is a 3rd party app not a blackberry native app. It has never clicked
    03-16-10 05:11 PM
    OM5 is touch only. Click isn't implemented.
    03-16-10 05:11 PM
    That's a dealbreaker then. I tried using it in Beta 2, it's just too hard to remember not to click when everything else on my phone clicks.
    03-16-10 05:13 PM
    That's a dealbreaker then. I tried using it in Beta 2, it's just too hard to remember not to click when everything else on my phone clicks.
    Then just click the dang screen then if you want it to click, it'll still recognize the touch and then we're all happy.
    03-16-10 05:14 PM
    Then just click the dang screen then if you want it to click, it'll still recognize the touch and then we're all happy.
    Because a tap registers as a click, and it starts doing something I didn't want it to do.
    03-16-10 05:15 PM
    Because a tap registers as a click, and it starts doing something I didn't want it to do.
    If that's an issue then just use the slow *** default browser. If you want to complain then just use what's already on the phone. Opera Mini is a heck of a lot faster and many of us users love it. If you don't then like I said, use the slow *** blackberry browser. At least you can look forward to RIM coming out with their 'webkit browser' which probably won't be released for months.
    03-16-10 05:18 PM
    Ok...I tried..I WANT to like Opera Mini...but I cannot for the life of me, understand what the fuss is. Keep in mind that I LOVE Opera...it's my browser of choice on both my home computers and has been for many years. I'm typing this right now through Opera. That being said, I think it sucks on my Storm 2. Too many compromises and weird things...it's frustrating!
    03-16-10 05:20 PM
    Significantly less buggy than the betas, but I've still had a couple instances of links reloading the same page. Every time was while searching with google.

I haven't noticed any significant increase in speed, but socket works over 3g instead of just wifi.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-16-10 05:29 PM
    Significantly less buggy than the betas, but I've still had a couple instances of links reloading the same page. Every time was while searching with google.

I haven't noticed any significant increase in speed, but socket works over 3g instead of just wifi.

Was just noticing that too.....
    03-16-10 05:32 PM
    Just had it reload the same page in a forum now.

03-16-10 05:36 PM
    I'm using it from my phone right now. I like the overall UI and the cool new features. Its the best!

03-16-10 05:42 PM
    I don't know, I'm debating reloading the beta 2 (if thats even possible). Although I love OM5, this new "official" version has taken away some of the little things that I really find I'm missing when compared with beta 2, such as:

• The omission of the back/zoom out button in fullscreen mode (I know I've mentioned this 100 times already) is a HUGE annoyance.
    • Favicons (web page icons) not displaying in Bookmarks page for many mainstream sites without intense tweaking (and even still some don't display as they would on beta 2)
    • I do not care for the way landscape display shows Speed Dials

Regarding my first bullet, it was so much easier just having to tap that little button to go back instead of clicking down the BB Menu and hitting the arrow. I know this sounds picky, but the way it was worked perfectly for me - sometimes I can't be clicking the screen down when I'm in a meeting and like the quiet "tapping" that Opera provides. The less clicking of buttons, the better for me when browsing.

These are all personal preferences, but I favor the beta version and I don't see much, if any, changes where this is an improvement over the beta. I've probably been toying with this thing for 8+ hours or so, so it isn't like I haven't given it the chance. Maybe I'll keep playing with it and see if it can't grow on me...
    03-16-10 05:52 PM
    Yahoooo ! Working much better on my 8330 now. Had to remove the Beta's weeks ago. They were a disaster Opera LINK is great. Changed protocol from Socket to Http and all is well.
    03-16-10 05:53 PM
    The cursor works much smoother, not perfect but a lot better. Good on ya' opera!
    03-16-10 05:58 PM
    Ok...I tried..I WANT to like Opera Mini...but I cannot for the life of me, understand what the fuss is. Keep in mind that I LOVE Opera...it's my browser of choice on both my home computers and has been for many years. I'm typing this right now through Opera. That being said, I think it sucks on my Storm 2. Too many compromises and weird things...it's frustrating!
    You could cut and paste most of this as a response from other bb users who first picked up a Storm...saying the touchscreen is too wierd after spending years on a physical keyboard. Opera is different than the native bb browser, but if you commit to using it for 2 or 3 days, getting used to the touch as opposed to the click, you might like it. It's way faster.
    03-16-10 06:19 PM
    Well, the more I use this, the more the bugs come out. Reloading pages, not posting in forums (reloading the same page) have returned quite often. Still not as bad as my most recent beta though.

I'm thinking it should return to beta as really the only difference is the initial load screen and the speed dial screen.

*sigh*

03-16-10 08:16 PM
    One thing I'm REALLY missing is the menu that used to pop up when clicking external links that offered the choice to open in either the native browser or in OM. The beta had this feature.

Where is this? I don't have it when I click on links in emails.

Also, is there any way to shut down the native browser now I'm using OM?

- R.
    03-16-10 09:04 PM
    u know what? I have had an issue or two when making posts on the forum myself. But I recall having the same issue with 4.5 on my Curve (way back when...just a few weeks ago) as well. I had grown accustomed to copying what I type in case it didn't save through the process and post. I find that I am back to doing that now on the Final release. Still it is better than what was happening with the beta because I couldn't copy my text from the input box to the Storm and save what I typed at all.

I guess the perfect solution is still months away with the new webkit browser. Let's hope anyway
    03-16-10 09:08 PM
    Where is this? I don't have it when I click on links in emails.

Also, is there any way to shut down the native browser now I'm using OM?

- R.
    It only shows up for me if it is a link in a text but not a email
    No you can not delete, disable or anything to the native browser
    03-16-10 09:10 PM
    cant get bookmarks to sync. Speed dial does but I get no bookmarks. Anyone else able to sync bookmarks with your desktop?
    03-16-10 10:18 PM
    Do the button at the bottom still do nothing? I can't use the BB button or the 'escape' button either one. It would be nice to be able to switch apps or get out of the OM browser w/out exiting out completely. I am on a BES so maybe that has something to do with it?

Update: I pressed and held the BB button and that allows me to switch applications.

When I click a lick in an email it doesn't give me the ability to open in OM. Should it?
    Last edited by HawkFantastic; 03-16-10 at 10:56 PM.
    03-16-10 10:41 PM
    i cannot get it to work to save my life.... i installed it fine however once i go to accept the terms it wont let me click it. Compatibility is off and all any help would b great
    03-16-10 10:42 PM
    I am getting used to it like it.

03-16-10 11:03 PM
125 ... 2345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD