It's been my experience that full screen means no menu bar at the bottom. I think this is how it's supposed to function.

But from your description sounds like you used a version that would at least show the back arrow? I was on Opera Mini 5 beta 2 and didn't see this in that version.

I think this is how they intended for it to work (fullscreen = no menu at the bottom).
    yes, on the previous beta 2 version of OM5, when in full screen mode, scrolling (or any sort of activity) would bring up - in the bottom left corner - a button which worked as the back button or zoom out (if you were zoomed in). it wasn't very noticeable, but very useful since you didn't have to hit any buttons to bring up the entire toolbar just to go back. A minor detail, I'm aware, but one that I already miss
    03-16-10 08:02 AM
    Nice find now this is how a web browser should work!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-16-10 08:23 AM
    Another thing I have noticed, some sites are not displaying the favicon logo despite the same sites having displayed them in beta 2. Again, this is a minor issue and one that is just a personal preference, but my Bookmarks list used to be loaded with each page's icon but now sites like ESPN (full page, not mobile version), HowardStern are not displaying these icons.

So far the PROs I have noticed:
    Faster loading/rendering times
    Smoother, cleaner appearance

CONs:
    No back/zoom out button when in fullscreen mode
    Not all favicons are displayed in Bookmarks

Will update as I use
    03-16-10 08:51 AM
    Wow lightning fast and nice ui changes!
    03-16-10 09:00 AM
    5 Beta 2 runs great, actually, I thought it ran perfect. Many of you say this is soooo much better than the beta. What about this new version is better.
    03-16-10 09:07 AM
    Excellent news! I love this program and use it WAY more than I use the native browswer. I only use this for about 99% of the day. Thanks for telling us.
    03-16-10 09:11 AM
    Opera 5 looks amazing on the S2! One question for your all, how the heck do you zoom in and out on the S2?? I can't figure it out at all!

Thanks
    03-16-10 09:12 AM
    5 Beta 2 runs great, actually, I thought it ran perfect. Many of you say this is soooo much better than the beta. What about this new version is better.
    Find out yourself. You won't tegret it.

03-16-10 09:12 AM
    With the beta I had a nightmare trying to select and deselect checkboxes. It involved a lot of fiddling with my finger! Is it any easier in the official release to use checkboxes?

Graham.
    03-16-10 09:23 AM
    With the beta I had a nightmare trying to select and deselect checkboxes. It involved a lot of fiddling with my finger! Is it any easier in the official release to use checkboxes?

Graham.
    unfortunately not really, but maybe a little...
    03-16-10 09:27 AM
    this is def awesome
    03-16-10 09:32 AM
    What about flick scrolling, have they improved it...? its a strain getting to the bottom of a very long page.
    03-16-10 09:39 AM
    I just deleted the beta, still wont run, it gives the uncaught exception error. I am trying a battery pull now to see if that fixes it.

Edit: Battery pull worked, So yeah, I'd say delete the beta and battery pull if you still get the message.
    Last edited by haywire330; 03-16-10 at 09:45 AM.
    03-16-10 09:40 AM
    JavaScript download links don't work right, still

03-16-10 09:41 AM
    I've been using the beta since it came out and have a ton of bookmarks. Does installing the newer version wipe those out? That would be a major bummer.
    03-16-10 09:51 AM
    I've been using the beta since it came out and have a ton of bookmarks. Does installing the newer version wipe those out? That would be a major bummer.
    Mine did not come over, however if you do a backup in Desktop Manager I would think that reloading the Opera bookmarks would work. At least I sure hope so!!!
    03-16-10 09:57 AM
    Just subscribe to Opera link in settings. It will sync your bookmarks, etc.

03-16-10 09:57 AM

How do you do that...please tell.
    03-16-10 10:05 AM
    What about flick scrolling, have they improved it...? its a strain getting to the bottom of a very long page.
    Flick scrolling is still a bit choppy on full websites but not nearly as bad as the last beta. The interface is ridiculously clean and the browser is blazing. Well worth the download!
    03-16-10 10:09 AM
    Loaded it on my S1 this morning and it is working fine. About time!
    03-16-10 10:12 AM
    Also, can anyone tell me how to delete and/or change the preinstalled bookmarks? I can't for the life of me figure it out! Thanks!

Just hold down on the quick dial for a second or so. Menu will pop up with 2 choices 'clear' and 'edit'. Press clear and it will be gone.
    03-16-10 10:24 AM
    No more small boxes for the start page!!
    03-16-10 10:34 AM
    Is there anyway to change "live scores". It seems that it defaults to soccer???? I don't like or watch soccer!!!
    03-16-10 10:54 AM
    It seems to be much better then what the beta was, but isn't that why programs have beta launches to begin with?

Solid.
    03-16-10 10:55 AM

I did this and it does save your bookmarks and put them back on the phone after you sign back in to opera link. If you don't know how this works, it's pretty simple. Start up your beta version of opera (before you delete it to download the new version), go to settings, turn opera link on, sign up for a new account, and it will automatically upload your browser setting to some server on the web. Then delete the beta, download the new opera mini 5 (from m.opera.com), launch it, go back to settings, turn opera link back on, sign in, and it will download your bookmarks. Unfortunately, it will not set your speed dial entries back like you had them.

As to the new browser, I have nothing bad to say about it, but I also see nothing different from the beta version. Maybe I just don't pay much attention to the details. It's much faster than the native bb browser...but so was the beta. It seems to be the same speed as the beta to me. Kind of like the OS upgrade from .428 to .451...no noticable difference, but it is the latest version. Wooo Hooo!
    03-16-10 11:30 AM
125 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD