a couple people already confirmed they are running it fine on .191
    Who said I was running .191
    09-16-09 02:39 AM
    I dont like that there is no landscape mode at least not in .191
    Landscape mode works fine for me with .191.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-16-09 02:39 AM
    i have an ipod touch and it doesn't come close to standing up against the safari browser... It is pretty fast... I compared it to browsing msn mobile on my touch on wifi vs the storm on "the network" running opera.... It has a few hitches but if they fix those it could be a nice browser... It works in landscape mode for me on .167.. However.. the BB menu button does not work at all... and the only way to enter a new address in the address bar is to either enable the virtual keyboard or click the + and add a new tab.... I'm gonna do a battery pull and see if it fixes anything!
    09-16-09 02:40 AM
    Doesn't work with 5.0.0.XXX

Agreed, it may function on 5.0 but the major word is that it won't function PROPERLY.

09-16-09 02:43 AM
    i have an ipod touch and it doesn't come close to standing up against the safari browser... It is pretty fast... I compared it to browsing msn mobile on my touch on wifi vs the storm on "the network" running opera.... It has a few hitches but if they fix those it could be a nice browser... It works in landscape mode for me on .167.. However.. the BB menu button does not work at all... and the only way to enter a new address in the address bar is to either enable the virtual keyboard or click the + and add a new tab.... I'm gonna do a battery pull and see if it fixes anything!
    Yeah BB button has no function, but I am able to enter a web address just by touching it and my keyboard pops up and I can enter it no problem. To exit out completely you have to exit thru Opera. Just thought I would point that out as I am so used to clicking my BB button and hitting exit.
    09-16-09 02:44 AM
    this is the exact sarcastic response i was fishing for
    09-16-09 02:44 AM
    Agreed, it may function on 5.0 but the major word is that it won't function PROPERLY.

that may just be a beta issue, we have no way of telling if RIM has or will send the proper development tools so that it will be running better on 5.0 in the final version.
    09-16-09 02:46 AM
    I can't find an option to set it to use wi-fi. Am I to assume that it will indeed use wi-fi as long as I am connected to it?
    Yeah BB button has no function, but I am able to enter a web address just by touching it and my keyboard pops up and I can enter it no problem. To exit out completely you have to exit thru Opera. Just thought I would point that out as I am so used to clicking my BB button and hitting exit.

ok... good.. TY.. I couldn't figure out how to completely exit it either... I uninstalled thinking it was something else.... and re-installed it... did a battery pull and will try it again...
    I can't find an option to set it to use wi-fi. Am I to assume that it will indeed use wi-fi as long as I am connected to it?
    are you serious?
    09-16-09 02:47 AM
    Your a huge tease!

09-16-09 02:47 AM
    Your a huge tease!

exactly what I was thinkin'
    09-16-09 02:48 AM
    Ok, this has a lot of potential if they don't give up on us again like the last time. So far I like the UI, speed, tool bar, tabs, kind of flicky on the scrolling but It definitely wasn't made with the storm in mind. The blackberry button doesn't work at all and the back button will only take you as far as the start page but won't exit out of the app so a BP is needed to close the program unless someone found a way. You can't grab the scroll bar on the side to rapid scroll like on 4.2 and regular scrolling moves very slow. Still can't select text on a page and wouldn't be able to copy even if you could because of the non working BB button. It has a find in page search which is nice.
    So far I would say for us storm users that it is pretty much unusable for now and to stick with 4.2.

09-16-09 02:48 AM
    that may just be a beta issue, we have no way of telling if RIM has or will send the proper development tools so that it will be running better on 5.0 in the final version.
    I think RIM has been sending dev tools for 5.0, but whether Opera 5 has incorporated that or not who knows.
    09-16-09 02:49 AM
    Ok, this has a lot of potential if they don't give up on us again like the last time. So far I like the UI, speed, tool bar, tabs, kind of flicky on the scrolling but It definitely wasn't made with the storm in mind. The blackberry button doesn't work at all and the back button will only take you as far as the start page but won't exit out of the app so a BP is needed to close the program unless someone found a way. You can't grab the scroll bar on the side to rapid scroll like on 4.2 and regular scrolling moves very slow. Still can't select text on a page and wouldn't be able to copy even if you could because of the non working BB button. It has a find in page search which is nice.
    So far I would say for us storm users that it is pretty much unusable for now and to stick with 4.2.

check out the last page, you have to exit through opera, someone explains.
    09-16-09 02:51 AM
    I think RIM has been sending dev tools for 5.0, but whether Opera 5 has incorporated that or not who knows.
    I hope so, this looks to be a promising browser to tide me over until we see some skyfire action.
    09-16-09 02:52 AM
    The only negative for me so far is removing the option to open a link with BB browser from the menu... Installing apps can't be done via opera... at least not for me... so I have to copy paste links into BB browser instead of the "get link" option that used to be there. Other than that the browser is much faster for me than the BB Browser.
    09-16-09 02:52 AM
    The blackberry button doesn't work at all and the back button will only take you as far as the start page but won't exit out of the app so a BP is needed to close the program unless someone found a way.
    The blackberry button is the zoom feature. When you click it and the box pops up, click the plus and it zooms in. To exit out, touch the option/wrench then click exit.
    09-16-09 02:53 AM
    Okay, I'm rocking a Pearl 8130 but so far Opera Mini 5 is working like a charm even though it said that my device was not verified to run it. I downloaded it anyway. Install was smooth, so far it works fine, looks fine, the sites I've been to looks fine and it's pretty peppy also. Bolt just got it's walking papers! Good luck everyone...
    Last edited by decolur455; 09-16-09 at 02:55 AM. Reason: Typo
    09-16-09 02:54 AM
    The only negative for me so far is removing the option to open a link with BB browser from the menu... Installing apps can't be done via opera... at least not for me... so I have to copy paste links into BB browser instead of the "get link" option that used to be there. Other than that the browser is much faster for me than the BB Browser.
    I'm figuring quite alot of the problems people are seeing is due to this being the first public beta, It can only get better, hopefully.
    09-16-09 02:54 AM
    Landscape mode works fine for me with .191.

I heard you were being a tease in this thread, and they were right haha. J, I thought you were on our side
    09-16-09 02:56 AM
    so after a re-install...disable compatibility mode... and two battery pulls... I now have zoom just by "touching" the screen... which is pretty nice.. You can also hold (touch) on a link and it gives you a drop down menu to either open in new tab...or select text... if you "touch" on the select text and then touch again and can either copy or search, or search with... gives you some nice options.. If you touch search with function it gives you the option of google or wikipedia... The more I play with it .. the more options i discover.. I will post back later...
    09-16-09 02:57 AM
    Downloaded, but wont work on my storm. Just a bar at the top. Menu button doesn't work, can't do anything with it. Comp mode on and off, no difference.

This happened to me the first time i loaded app on Tour. Battery pull fixed issue.
    09-16-09 02:58 AM
    so after a re-install...disable compatibility mode... and two battery pulls... I now have zoom just by "touching" the screen... which is pretty nice.. You can also hold (touch) on a link and it gives you a drop down menu to either open in new tab...or select text... if you "touch" on the select text and then touch again and can either copy or search, or search with... gives you some nice options.. If you touch search with function it gives you the option of google or wikipedia... The more I play with it .. the more options i discover.. I will post back later...
    sweet, at this rate I will have a how-to for me by the time I install this badboy in the morning.
    09-16-09 02:59 AM
    Perhaps they have more in store for the storm and have more work to do on it since its not supported yet. Wishful thinking. But as of now I got annoyed with it already and deleted it. 4.2 works great for me and I will continue to use it until we get another update.
    09-16-09 03:01 AM
471 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD