here is the link m.opera.com/next , what's weird is that even though the storm is pictured all over the place. It says it's not yet "compatable" but you can go ahead and download anyway. installing now and will report what's up. leave feed back here

Here is the OTA LINK

http://m.opera.com/next/minibb.jad?act=dl&tag=mini5bb&cert=&region=en&rnd= 2505019318&bbfw=4.7
    Last edited by francolasalsa; 09-16-09 at 01:23 AM.
    09-16-09 01:14 AM
    so whats it like
    09-16-09 01:18 AM
    looks sick! significant UI update ! tabs all over the place, sadly no flash that I see. here is a link to their site where they have a video Opera Mini | The most popular mobile phone browser in the world
    09-16-09 01:20 AM
    Downloaded, but wont work on my storm. Just a bar at the top. Menu button doesn't work, can't do anything with it. Comp mode on and off, no difference.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-16-09 01:25 AM
    Downloaded, but wont work on my storm. Just a bar at the top. Menu button doesn't work, can't do anything with it. Comp mode on and off, no difference.

I experienced the same problem. I checked the properties and they were all set to allow. Compatibility mode was enabled/disabled. The UI looks good, but I couldn't use the app.
    09-16-09 01:29 AM
    just wondering, is it possible this is integrated into the device kind of like what skyfire is gonna be doing, if so, maybe try going into your options>browser and see if you can click on the blackberry browser button and change it to opera-mini 5.

I would but i have water under my screen so I am soaking my storm in rice for the night lol.
    09-16-09 01:35 AM
    works like a champ for me. make sure you download the version for blackberry. looks like they got the "click" support for the storm down! amazing

EDIT: kinda got it down... more natural than 4.2 to click, but clicking a link still works sometimes without the screen click
    Last edited by Sally Mack; 09-16-09 at 01:45 AM.
    09-16-09 01:37 AM
    I can't even load past the EULA so it keeps shutting down on me. did you guys instal ota or download the zip file and instal via desktop manger? secondly why is it not working on the storm when the storm is the most pictured phone on their site to promote this browser !
    09-16-09 01:37 AM
    I can't even load past the EULA so it keeps shutting down on me. did you guys instal ota or download the zip file and instal via desktop manger? secondly why is it not working on the storm when the storm is the most pictured phone on their site to promote this browser !
    lol, you make a valid point, I will try this out regardless in the morning.
    09-16-09 01:46 AM
    just wondering, is it possible this is integrated into the device kind of like what skyfire is gonna be doing, if so, maybe try going into your options>browser and see if you can click on the blackberry browser button and change it to opera-mini 5.

I would but i have water under my screen so I am soaking my storm in rice for the night lol.
    no, this doesn't have it. neither will skyfire. all skyfire will do is incorporate something in your bb browser, that will say "open in skyfire"
    09-16-09 01:48 AM
    it works for me, there's even a setting for "virtual keyboard" in advanced setting u can "tap" instead of "click" on keyboard
    09-16-09 01:48 AM
    works like a champ for me. make sure you download the version for blackberry. looks like they got the "click" support for the storm down! amazing

EDIT: kinda got it down... more natural than 4.2 to click, but clicking a link still works sometimes without the screen click
    You on 5.0.0.191 or 4.7.0.xxx?

EDIT: Trying the "No Certificate" version...let's see if that does the trick.
    Last edited by CSSVT; 09-16-09 at 01:52 AM.
    09-16-09 01:49 AM
    Its not working for me either, I'm running .151. I can't even download it.

09-16-09 01:54 AM
    this is an amazing beta. the ui feels natural and the looks are awesome

09-16-09 01:56 AM
    You on 5.0.0.191 or 4.7.0.xxx?

EDIT: Trying the "No Certificate" version...let's see if that does the trick.
    Yes, I agree, I would like to know if this thing is running smooth on 5.0 firmware.
    09-16-09 02:00 AM
    Eh its alright, this still seems to suit a track ball way better. Your better off just sticking with the BB browser.

09-16-09 02:00 AM
    Eh its alright, this still seems to suit a track ball way better. Your better off just sticking with the BB browser.

yep, i still think default is better neway, i deleted it, im not use to it lol
    09-16-09 02:08 AM
    Yup no landscape makes me mad and going on m.CB.com was a major mission. The default browser may be a tad slower but its way more easy to navigate IMO.

09-16-09 02:12 AM
    cool cool, I was just trying to verify if it works on .191, I'm still gonna give it a whirl myself tomorrow
    09-16-09 02:13 AM
    cool cool, I was just trying to verify if it works on .191, I'm still gonna give it a whirl myself tomorrow
    Yes, it does work on .191.
    09-16-09 02:16 AM
    Yes, it does work on .191.
    sweet! that's the response I was looking for
    09-16-09 02:19 AM
    Works great on my Storm running .167.
    09-16-09 02:19 AM
    Finally got it working ! Some cool new changes and love the interface however speed is horondeus compared to opera 4,2. I wonder if that's because this is beta or they have this on a different server.

09-16-09 02:22 AM
    Does not work on the 8520...
    09-16-09 02:24 AM
    I have it on my storm running .167... Everything seems to work good.. I wouldnt say great yet.. I haven't figured out how to zoom yet? Anyone know?
    09-16-09 02:24 AM
471 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD