Is everyone else still getting the error when trying to go to m.opera.com? I still can't get there. Argh!
    03-24-10 04:36 PM
    Same server error here all afternoon. I was trying to load it onto a replacement BB Tour that came today (headphone jack problem).
    03-24-10 04:42 PM
    Hey, do any of you guys have problems with pages just reloading when you click on links, especially in pages where you input text (like google)? I was hoping the font and cursor fixes (which do make a very substantial difference) would also include a fix for this, but no go. :/

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-24-10 05:33 PM
    If you want to upgrade this without losing your bookmarks, just download the new version from the native browser without uninstalling the first one. It will ask if you want to replace the current 5.0 with 5.0. Just say yes.

This new build solved the links not working problem for me (so far).

03-24-10 06:42 PM
    Thanks for the clarification on how to save bookmarks.
    Unfortunately there is still now way to access the Opera site....
    03-24-10 06:51 PM
    Can't get to the site either. Something's up.

03-24-10 10:37 PM
    Since it's been down all day and everyone's in a panic, I tossed the latest BlackBerry OTA install up on my webspace here. Hope it's helpful
    03-24-10 10:39 PM
    Since it's been down all day and everyone's in a panic, I tossed the latest BlackBerry OTA install up on my webspace here. Hope it's helpful
    Very cool of you. Will give it a try now!

==================================

Worked just fine. Thanks again! However, as far as a cursor "fix", it's acting very strange. Slow and a little jumpy.
    Last edited by decypher44; 03-24-10 at 11:02 PM.
    03-24-10 10:48 PM
    i used this: Opera Mini & Opera Mobile – Download
    went to Choose a specific version and got it.. have to install from your pc, but meh.. not that big of a hassle..

cheers
    03-25-10 01:28 AM
    Cursor is a little better but still jerky. I find this navigation scheme rather pointless, so to speak.
    Yeah, nothing changed with the cursor. Hope it crashes less times. Still pain in the azz to post in forums
    03-25-10 04:10 AM
    I noticed a fix with the bag that didn't change screen size when pressed 5
    03-25-10 04:13 AM
    I noticed a fix with the bag that didn't change screen size when pressed 5
    No. It did it again later that day. Still buggy .....
    03-25-10 04:14 AM
    Opera Mini still getting in my nerves
    03-25-10 04:33 AM
    I see they've made the UI a bit smaller? The url font is just a bit too small for my liking though, but other than that, it's all good. I don't have much to say about the overall performance yet though.
    03-25-10 05:33 AM
    Opera Mini still getting in my nerves
    So don't use.........
    03-25-10 06:47 AM
    Will try and test when I get home from work. as of right now I'm quite happy with the first build of OM5.

03-25-10 07:37 AM
    In the new version they definitely slowed down the cursor acceleration. This is a good thing. It makes it much more usable. A positive byproduct of this is that when editing text in a text field, you can once again select individual characters rather than skipping 4 or 5 characters at a time.

This was the biggest bug in the initial 5.0 final release. They fixed it...I'm happy.

They still haven't fixed the problem where after typing in a text field to post in a forum, after clicking "Post Reply" your post disappears and it just reloads the page. So, I still have to make sure to copy what I just typed so that I can paste it into a repost.

This is irritating, but I put up with it for the privilege of using the best browser hands down for the bb.

Last edited by TravellingFool; 03-25-10 at 09:17 AM.
    03-25-10 09:15 AM
    So don't use.........
    But I am right. It simply doesn't get it...

Just click here and ....
    connect with me !!!
    03-25-10 11:12 AM
    So...are we sure this is even an "update"? I was finally able to get to the mobile opera website via the native browser, and once I got to the download process, it just asked replace version 5.0 w/version 5.0? Shouldn't the version # change slightly if updates have been made to it? Or is it an "update" but with no version # change??
    03-25-10 12:17 PM
    Opera already open; BlackBerry options button; Help; About Opera; there is the complete version number. The options, applications menu does not display the full version number.
    03-25-10 12:23 PM
    Opera already open; BlackBerry options button; Help; About Opera; there is the complete version number. The options, applications menu does not display the full version number.
    I see. Very cool. Thanks for the tip!
    03-25-10 12:29 PM
    They still haven't fixed the problem where after typing in a text field to post in a forum, after clicking "Post Reply" your post disappears and it just reloads the page. So, I still have to make sure to copy what I just typed so that I can paste it into a repost.
    I submitted a bug about it, I noticed it in the beta too. I think it's a show stopper, but haven't heard anything about it yet.
    03-25-10 12:49 PM
    I submitted a bug about it, I noticed it in the beta too. I think it's a show stopper, but haven't heard anything about it yet.
    The theory is that it's a server issue, and it's been repeatedly reported to the Opera team without any response back. Sometimes switching from HTTP to Socket protocol helps, but nothing 100% fixes it. I agree, it's a real showstopper. It happens in all form input fields, not just forums.
    03-25-10 02:12 PM
    All I can say about this "update" is "meh." My cursor sensitivity is a little better, but not near as good as it used to be pre 5.0. Hopefully Opera will keep working on it.
    03-26-10 12:34 PM
    Worked for me. Very happy!
    03-26-10 03:37 PM
59 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD