I have never been so disappointed in a new version. I'm coming from OM 4.2 which blew away anything else I've ever used. Opera, you have let down a dedicated user of your product!

Here's my opinion on OM5 beta 2:

1) Clunky interface with the way Speeddial items are now shown. Text-based lists (links) are NOT bad! No option to turn of the picture-based "grid".

2) Bookmarks, settings, etc. are now buried in a clunky nav bar dropdown list. Instead of hitting the app button and getting my options immediately, I get that ugly navigation bar and have to continue navigating to the drop down menu. Very clunky!

3) I know it's a beta, but other beta's for OM worked MUCH better. Doesn't connect half the time. Have had to run network tests to get it to work. The network is FINE.

4) I know it's coming in a later version but why...WHY is the RSS reader missing?

I know this may have been addressed before, but I guess I would offer my thoughts!

Is there a version of Bolt for the Bold 9700?
    12-09-09 09:56 AM
    I think maybe you're being a tad bit too picky but i see where you're coming from. That is a ton of navigation to do on a trackpad/trackball phone. Maybe it'll grow on you? I'm 99% sure the new Bolt 1.6 (or whatever it is) supports the 9700. Check boltbrowser.com and install the blackberry specific one. Enjoy!
    12-09-09 10:03 AM
    Opera let you down with BETA software????
    12-09-09 10:35 AM
    Lmao that why its a BETA duh
    its greatly improving Bolt browser is to clunky
    Opera is the only bb app with tabs in its browser, most users are fine with the nav bar. its not a touch screen so navigatin takes a lil longer but its not that bad
    12-09-09 11:11 AM
    Honestly, I don't really like the new interface either. The speed dial is pretty cool, I must admit, but the dropdown navigation list isn't. The interface looks really good, but it's just a bit too much effort for me. That's just my opinion though.
    12-09-09 01:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD